Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Films that make men cry

Comments

• Options
    Up
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

ET
    Up
    The Champ
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    Earthlings (documentary)

UP? Explain that one please
    I haven't seen it but many people say it is a very touching animation film.
  • Options
    Bambi gets me every time, the bit when his mum gets shot and not gralloched straight away! It makes it lighter to carry back to the truck, see. Boils my piss that bit
  • Options
    Rossman92 said:

ET
    Up
    The Champ
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    Earthlings (documentary)

Haven't you seen the first ten minutes?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:

Escape from Sobibor.

The bit when 13 men are about to be executed, what the Nazi officer makes them do and how they do it.
    Absolutely ruins me.
    Every.
    Single.
    Time.

When they have to select someone to be executed with them, and that guy steps in front of the woman? We watched that at school. Crushing
    That's the one. The way all of them and their 'partners' stand awaiting the bullets - holding hands, hugging, with no resentment or bitterness to each other, just understanding and solidarity. Outstanding scene.
  • Options
    The Disney flick fox and the hound. That episode of futurama aswell
  • Options
    The bit from dumbo where dumbo sees his mum in the cage, with the song Baby of Mine. Welling up typing this
  • Options
    For the older people like me, the last ten minutes of "Soldier Blue", which depicted the 1864 massacre at Sand Creek. The audience simply filed out of the cinema in total silence at the end, not believing what they had just witnessed.
  • Options
    Just watched Up for the fifth time. Cried like a baby for the fifth time
  • Options
    Generally shocked - can honestly say I've never cried at a film. Closest was Marley & Me (dog lover).

Even my mrs is shocked at some of the films being mentioned.

Real life stuff is the only thing that gets me going, such as reading and hearing real-life accounts from Hillsborough, 9/11 etc etc.

Films?? Nah - well not yet......
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Up, Toy Story 3 (though I can just about get through it now).
  • Options
    Hachi: A Dog's Tale .. the closest I've ever come to crying at a film, it was a battle I somehow came out on top from... It's a tearjerker to say the least (based on a true story)
  • Options

Hachi: A Dog's Tale .. the closest I've ever come to crying at a film, it was a battle I somehow came out on top from... It's a tearjerker to say the least (based on a true story)

Fantastic story. Was some dog that.
  • Options
    Up
    Marley and Me
    Bucket List final scenes
    Toy Story 3
    The Notebook

Total wuss with films, am I.
  • Options
    In the 'Blind Side' where the Sandra Bullock character has bought the adopted American defensive quarter back player, Mike Ohr, gentle giant, (who had rough upbringing) a bed.

He says 'I never had one of those', and she said 'what a futon' and he said 'no a bed'. The Sandra Bullock is not one to cry and has to leave the room. That gets me pretty close.
  • Options
    Atonement
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas
  • Options
    vff said:

In the 'Blind Side' where the Sandra Bullock character has bought the adopted American defensive quarter back player, Mike Ohr, gentle giant, (who had rough upbringing) a bed.

He says 'I never had one of those', and she said 'what a futon' and he said 'no a bed'. The Sandra Bullock is not one to cry and has to leave the room. That gets me pretty close.

That'll kill his back
  • Options
    I don't watch many films but Up completely got me. Amazing that an animated film can do that.
  • Options

Atonement
    The Boy in the Striped Pajamas

SPOILER ALERT

Fantastic movie, and never expected the ending when during the interview about the book she said Robbie actually died on the last day of the evacuation
  • Options
    Anal Sluts 5. Made me weep from my willy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I cry at adverts.
  • Options

I cry at adverts.

The injustice of that toilet duck slaughtering those toilet germs haunts me even today
  • Options

I cry at adverts.

You may well be joking, but the Cancer Research 'I Shouldn't Be Here' advert makes me cry (don't know if anyone knows which one I mean? Can't immediately find it on youtube).
  • Options
    PL54 said:

vff said:

That'll kill his back
    Depends how many layers are in the futon. Not as comfortable as a good quality orthepaedic mattress. The Sandra Bullock character had tons of money in the film so I guess she didn't skimp. Better than dodgy sofas or the ground in any case.
  • Options
    Deadly Weapons.
  • Options
    Not a film but Long lost family always nearly gets me
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Rossman92 said:

ET
    Up
    The Champ
    Kramer Vs Kramer
    Earthlings (documentary)

I haven't seen it but many people say it is a very touching animation film.
    It is. My kids were watching it the other day and I got totally sucked in. The animation is exceptional. Beautiful soundtrack too.

Bridge to Terabithia is also profoundly sad in parts. It's supposed to be a kids movie but some of the scenes caught me completely cold. Extremely sad and touching in equal measures.

The ending to the "The Bridges of Madison County" is the one which gets me though.
  • Options
    The final scene of The Killing Fields, when The journalist meets up with Dith Pran again and "Imagine" by John Lennon starts playing as the credits start to roll............gets me every time.
  • Options
    I've not cried at a film, but the ones that leave a lump in my throat are Stand By Me - the sentence right at the end when he talks about not having friends like when he was 12, jesus does anybody. Just gets you thinking about mates you've lost / no longer see etc etc.

The other film is Green Mile.
  • Options
    I cry at everything these days, Toy Story 3 had me uncontrollably blubbing for about 10 minutes!

Going back though, The Champ was always the one.