Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the transfer deadline day thread....Aug 2010

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Liverpool are such a joke club these days.Top four my arse.
    Could you see the likes of Chelsea and man utd going for Konchesky and Carlton Cole.

They have been after Zamora too. Top 8 will be their best this year but mght nick 5th because the others aint great.

Feel a bit sorry for Jonjo to be honest unc.Not quite what it said on the tin is it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Liverpool are such a joke club these days.Top four my arse.
    Could you see the likes of Chelsea and man utd going for Konchesky and Carlton Cole.

Whilst i agree there's no way they'll finish top 4 i don't think Konchesky and Cole would be bad signings. Konch is a good solid left back who will add competition and is far better than Insua who played there last season. And Cole would be back up for when Torres is injured. Also both would comply with the new homegrown ruling too.
  • Options
    Rotherham have turned down a bid from Plymouth Argyle for lower league hotshot Adam Le Fondre.

Millwall have had a bid for Charlie Austin turned down.
  • Options
    This bloke's speech impediment does my head in. . .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: uncle[/cite]Crouch and keane to west ham

If the ITKs are to be believed then we offered Keane to West Ham for Parker about 6 weeks ago. Cant for the life of me see Spurs allowing Crouch to be part of any deal.
    I have to say I think Keane's Spurs career is over now given that HR preferred an injured Defoe and Pavlyuchenko in the last two games.
    [cite]Posted By: Thommo[/cite]Big rumblings here in Cov about Robbie Keane and their keeper Eastwood in a swap deal. But not sure if there is actually anything to it.

Wouldnt be surprised at all about Eastwood. The ITKs suggest we've had him scouted on a number of occasions along with Watford's Scott Loach. Would be very surprised to see Keane accept a move to the Championship after he has already allegedly turned down a move to West Ham this window.
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Ormiston Addick[/cite]If Adebayor goes to Spurs then I will laugh my balls off.

He is an utter twat but a very decent player, although if he goes to Spuds then it will be the end for Crouch.

If City wouldn't sell or loan Bellamy to Spurs then what makes you think they would give them Adebayor on loan and pay half his wages. Not going to happen.

Absolutely spot on. Its not gonna happen and think you might see a rerun of the Broadwater Farm riots should that ever happen.

burtonwk6.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2010
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/brighton/8954601.stm

Brighton are set to re-sign Newcastle United winger Kazenga LuaLua on loan until the end of December.
    The 19-year-old, who has been tracked by manager Gus Poyet all summer, played 11 games for the Seagulls last season
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    news on Swindon's Charlie Austin - Millwall already had one bid rejected...QPR and Fulham are circling...

All the league 1 info that I can find
  • Options
    Carlisle have signed Slovakia international defender Lubomir Michalik on loan from Leeds until 3 January.
  • Options
    Be good to see Austin moving out of this league.
  • Options
    Alan Gow set to sign for Swindon.

Reading have bid for Ian Harte.
  • Options
    Pele has left MK Dons. The 32-year-old Cape Verdean defender had been at Stadium MK on non-contract terms this season but is now free to find a new club after the deadline.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yassin is on trial at Blackpool, though as he's out of contract, doesn't have to sign today....

Him and Varney possibly in the same premier league team, you couldn't make it up.....
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited August 2010
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Him and Varney possibly in the same premier league team, you couldn't make it up.....
    Why not? Its exactly what we were expecting 3 years ago to be fair.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Yassin is on trial at Blackpool, though as he's out of contract, doesn't have to sign today....

Him and Varney possibly in the same premier league team, you couldn't make it up.....

Can't really question yassins talent, if holloway can get him to behave could be a good signing, going forward, yassin is pretty good!
  • Options
    Carlton Cole on the brink of signing for Liverpool.

Dear oh dear. Just when you thought Liverpool had stop buying crap.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: allez les addicks[/cite]Him and Varney possibly in the same premier league team, you couldn't make it up.....
    Why not? Its exactly what we were expecting 3 years ago to be fair.

speak for yourself !!
  • Options
    We won't do anymore till the loan deadline I feel. With 3 in yesterday there will defo be outs.
  • Options
    on bbc's live feed

Jason Roberts has arrived at Brighton's training ground for talks with Gus Poyet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]on bbc's live feed

Jason Roberts has arrived at Brighton's training ground for talks with Gus Poyet.

That would be bad news.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: eastbourne addick[/cite]on bbc's live feed

No way will he drop to league one.
  • Options
    Stu of HU5: "Can't really question yassins talent, if holloway can get him to behave could be a good signing, going forward, yassin is pretty good!"

I can question his talent! Don't want this thread to descend into a anti/pro YM debate but am I the only person who thinks YM is rubbish?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Gotta feel for Swindown fans if they lose Austin as well, they'll have nothing up front. Probably absolute bollocks but Moyes gonna be next Villa manager and gonna make Arteta his first signing, O'Neill to replace him.
  • Options
    I dont think Moyes would leave Everton.
    He loves it up there- still has his house near Preston for an easy commute to work and Villa aren't really a step up in my opinion.
  • Options
    V11 he could sprint and dribble but defending and crosses were poor!
  • Options
    Moyes to Villa and O'Neill to Everton....interesting one !
  • Options
    Hutton and Jenas to Wham

Parker to Spuds
  • Options
    Only departure I could see from Everton is Peenar, I can see Moyes replacing Fergie when he leaves, but I doubt he'd go to Villa, more of a step across than up, like Marco said.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Stu of HU5: "Can't really question yassins talent, if holloway can get him to behave could be a good signing, going forward, yassin is pretty good!"

I can question his talent! Don't want this thread to descend into a anti/pro YM debate but am I the only person who thinks YM is rubbish?
    He looked great against Braga but defended poorly in the championship.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley11[/cite]Stu of HU5: "Can't really question yassins talent, if holloway can get him to behave could be a good signing, going forward, yassin is pretty good!"

Rubbish might be putting it slightly stronger tha I would, but he certainly wasn't that good imo. Very athletic and capable of moments of skill but badly deficient in certain key abilities for a full back.

He'd be a train wreck in the Prem imo.
  • Options
    Nathan Ellington??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]Nathan Ellington??

What of him?