Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

the transfer deadline day thread....Aug 2010

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]cant believe how little spurs did in this window after all that hard work to get in to the chumpions league i honestly thought they would be signing super stars
    They've just signed van der vaart
  • Options
    Good signing but I dont think they have enough at the back or upfront

I thought harry would've signed 4 or 5
  • Options
    Fantastic news- "Sky is leaving freeview............"Jim White masturbates himself 5 times in a row in total extasy.
  • Options
    Yeah, why is that greatnews? I wonder if they have some of their reporters on like ectasy or acid or something, they're always hopping off the walls. Think they need to bring back David Bobin, he knows what's what.
  • Options
    how can tottenham still sign van der vart after 6pm today i dont get it ssn reports harry redknapp is confident spurs will sign van der varrt this is at 21.30

i thought all deals must be done by 6pm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]how can tottenham still sign van der vart after 6pm today i dont get it ssn reports harry redknapp is confident spurs will sign van der varrt this is at 21.30

Redknapp wheeling and dealing again.

(Don't tell him i said that FFS)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]how can tottenham still sign van der vart after 6pm today i dont get it ssn reports harry redknapp is confident spurs will sign van der varrt this is at 21.30

Paperwork just has to be lodged with the league before 6pm. The actual deal terms can be worked out after that
  • Options
    Did Jay Demerit find a club in the end?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: charlton_hero[/cite]Did Jay Demerit find a club in the end?

As far as I know no...

But as a free agent he can still sign for a club.
  • Options
    Kinda surprising, he was very good for the USA at the world cup, would have though a championship club would ahve gone for him.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Kinda surprising, he was very good for the USA at the world cup, would have though a championship club would ahve gone for him.

Think the issue is the DeMerit is holding out hope to play in top flight somewhere.

It is a bit surprising and humbling to see so many of the key players from the U.S. men's national team fail at using the World Cup as a springboard to bigger and better things. Along with DeMerit, Benny Feilhaber's extended stay at Aarhus is unexpected.
  • Options
    Matthew Lorenzo, now that's a sports journalist!

As for Jim White being the most annoying person on British TV? That accolade is either Noel Edmond's, Gary Bushell's, James Corden, Peter Stringfellow's, Jim Davidson's,Keith Chegwin's or Paul Daniels.
  • Options
    As for the transfer window, they were quite exciting back in the day. I remember looking through the sports section at a list of at least 50 players on a slow season and seeing who was going where and wondering who the hell Danny Mills was. The window shutting in August is a joke.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]cant believe how little spurs did in this window after all that hard work to get in to the chumpions league i honestly thought they would be signing super stars

You're not the only one surprised. vdV, if it comes off, will be a very good signing indeed but really expected at least one or two more in at the very least. But then again, it relied on getting players like Keane, Jenas and Hutton out in one form or another, purely because of the new 25 player rule. With the wages they are on, its not likely now that we'll be able to shift them.

I just pray the Tottenham fax machine isnt made by Amstrad ;-)
  • Options
    why do football clubs still rely on fax machines?, surely with email it's far easier...
  • Options
    Van der Vaart is a fantastic signing if it goes through. If he was good enough for Bayern Munich to be prepared to pay £18m for him (before it fell through) then he's certainly good enough for Spurs at £8m.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: collegeparkaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: siblers[/cite]Kinda surprising, he was very good for the USA at the world cup, would have though a championship club would ahve gone for him.

Think the issue is the DeMerit is holding out hope to play in top flight somewhere.

It is a bit surprising and humbling to see so many of the key players from the U.S. men's national team fail at using the World Cup as a springboard to bigger and better things. Along with DeMerit, Benny Feilhaber's extended stay at Aarhus is unexpected.

USA drew with a poor England team then struggled against Slovenia and Algeria then lost to Ghana. They hardly set the place alight.
  • Options
    Spurs late bid for VDV reminded me of what i wrote about the transfer window 12 months ago. I even had the temerity to call a Harryboy a wheeler dealer :-)

12 months on, everything still applies

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=251
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Spurs late bid for VDV reminded me of what i wrote about the transfer window 12 months ago. I even had the temerity to call a Harryboy a wheeler dealer :-)

12 months on, everything still applies

http://www.charltonlife.com/blog/?p=251

Missed that the first time round, very good article.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Van der Vaart is a fantastic signing if it goes through. If he was good enough for Bayern Munich to be prepared to pay £18m for him (before it fell through) then he's certainly good enough for Spurs at £8m.

Does raise some eyebrows that doesnt it? 24 hours previous he is worth £18m then all of a sudden he is worth £8m. Even with the window so close, surely Bayern would have still been interested? Anyhow, good business if it comes off. Does highlight one thing though... vdV for £8m or Milner for £24m Talk about value for money lol.

You just know that the PL wont authorise this transfer now, dont you?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]

not a chance mate you lot used the same 4 language loophole that Chelski and the dirty gooners always use.

I really cant believe the lack of transfers that Spuds done working in an office full of dirty spud heads the feeling is of doom and gloom

they all feel that you should have outed 4-5 and got in the same..

they are getting the wee wee ripped out of them for " Proving they are a big club once and for all" as they all told us once the spanked young boys

you lot are sounding more Arsenal esq as the years go by
  • Options
    Players that were mentioned on the rumours thread went to other clubs yesterday

Tom Craddock Luton to Oxford. Undisclosed Fee
    Richard Brodie York to Crawley 300,000
  • Options
    Crawley are being really ambitous this summer but 300k for a non-league side ??
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Crawley are being really ambitous this summer but 300k for a non-league side ??

They have spent over 620,000 this summer. 16 new players brought in.
  • Options
    Crawley were only in court in March in danger of being wound up so god knows where they're getting their money from. And they only get crowds of 1500. A non league side spending 300k on a player is ridiculous.

So far this summer they've signed the keeper Michael Kuipers from Brighton, a centre back who is the England non league captain, last seasons conference joint top scorers (Brodie and Tubbs) and at the start of this season a Hayes striker scored 5 goals in the first 3 games so they signed him too.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: shirty5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]Crawley are being really ambitous this summer but 300k for a non-league side ??

They have spent over 620,000 this summer. 16 new players brought in.

Cue "we've been outspent by a non-league side" rants.
  • Options
    be easier for their Chairman to take over an established League 1 side and save himself the hassle of x number of promotions before they reach League 1 level.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JohnBoyUK[/cite]
    [cite]

not a chance mate you lot used the same 4 language loophole that Chelski and the dirty gooners always use.

I really cant believe the lack of transfers that Spuds done working in an office full of dirty spud heads the feeling is of doom and gloom

they all feel that you should have outed 4-5 and got in the same..

they are getting the wee wee ripped out of them for " Proving they are a big club once and for all" as they all told us once the spanked young boys

you lot are sounding more Arsenal esq as the years go by

Well, I'm sure you'll all be delighted to learn that I just received an email from my usual source who gets 99% of things spot on and he tells me we missed the deadline by 10 mins.
    Let the doom and gloom increase lol.

...now where did I hide that noose and step ladder...
  • Options
    "However, it is understood that technical issues prevented the necessary paperwork from being completed and Spurs have now requested special dispensation from the Premier League to add the midfielder to their squad."

You just know they'll be allowed.
  • Options
    Apparently Brodie turned Crawley down twice, but York needed the money so asked him to reconsider. He's a "north-east lad" so might find it hard settling down there. That's the great thing about signing Benson, he can't have that problem. We've had it in the past with players like Varney.