Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins appointed Saints Manager, wait - no he hasnt

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Valley McMoist[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]

“I have tried to contact the Southampton chairman today but have not been able to get hold of him.“
    He's dead

oh dear whay am i laughing

very very funny
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ColinTat[/cite]Saints fan, it wouldn't have stopped you from paying compensation but you'd have negotiated it out with the possibility of it going to arbitration. Everyone knows by not paying up front you'll be able to offer a miserly ammount, which has the leverage of the other side of the deal being a long drawn out process which will probably pay out a miserly sum anyway. Quite despicable business practice that the strong always play out on the weak. No doubt something that any club does at some point, but something not acceptable. Both the LMA, football league and premiership should have strict rules on this which are watertight in manager's contract. Bolton did it to Burnley.... fine if you pay but not if you encourage quite underhand techniques.

Well done to Adkins showing a bit of loyalty to the club that gave him a chance, when virtually no other league team would have. I have to add Adkins energy on the touch line, and his choice of competitive players aligned with some skill was most impressive when he came to the Valley. It made an utter mockery of Pardew's foolishness in thinking he could assemble a side all of players who looked to someone else to put pressure on. Adkins would easily improve any Pardew side, and not keep on adding dream players to the detriment of position and desire.

Couldn't agree more. Good to see that there is someone in the game who has a bit of dignity and who isn't prepared to chase the big buck to the detriment of the small club who, at the end of the day, has little or no clout.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]

“I have tried to contact the Southampton chairman today but have not been able to get hold of him.“
    He's dead

oh dear whay am i laughing

very very funny

I know.

Me too. Funny though.
  • Options
    sorry but when did Cortese die ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]sorry but when did Cortese die ?

Humour bypass.
  • Options
    Well done Nigel Adkins. Southampton are taking the rise, if they thought they could get away with not paying Scunny any compo.
  • Options
    It will be interesting if he does go and see whether he's as good as he thinks. He will give up quite an easy job for one which will be very demanding and could potentially ruin his career.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]we got to a semi final in the play offs in league one mate,proved nothing yet.

yawn.
  • Options

He's dead
    LaughingCatAnimated.gif
  • Options
    Be fair you chaps!

How can Southampton reasonably be expected to pay compensation to Big Nose AND Scunthorpe? We had to sell Varney to pay off the grey haired slimeball don't forget...
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Didn't want him anyway, no martin o'neill is he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]Didn't want him anyway, no martin o'neill is he?

Sour Grapes and you're no Aston Villa
  • Options
    2 Bob club will get who and what they deserve how dare they try to steal an honourable man

The only man suitable for them other than that mug pardont is Phil Brown and i would wet myself if thats who they got
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]

Not really, I'd been saying to all of my mates this morning how much of a "meh" appointment he was and that I thought he'd have trouble managing the bigger name players, if we wanted him we'd have him. Yeah we're not Aston Villa, or he wouldn't wanna manage us either.
  • Options
    "Bigger name players"

Please get a grip
  • Options
    Sorry so you don't expect us to own any bigish name players in the next couple of years? Lambert and Jaidi and Fonte are all pretty much the biggest names in the league, and since we're appointing a manager for the long term you want one with a reputation so he's gonna get respect, Adkins isn't gonna do that. He'd have been the next Paul Sturrock, fired because he couldn't handle the bigger palyers at the club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]"Bigger name players"

Please get a grip
    Be fair he probably meant longer names. Butterfield and Richardson for example are much longer than Wright and Youga.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    "bigger name players" !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FFS --- i give you the Spurs of the south coast "we are such a big club"-------------- do go f**k yourself mate-- thats if you could ,i mean your so far up your own bum already.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]Sorry so you don't expect us to own any bigish name players in the next couple of years? Lambert and Jaidi and Fonte are all pretty much the biggest names in the league, and since we're appointing a manager for the long term you want one with a reputation so he's gonna get respect, Adkins isn't gonna do that. He'd have been the next Paul Sturrock, fired because he couldn't handle the bigger palyers at the club.

Seems you are suffering from Newcastlitis or big name manager syndrome. Years calling for "big names" like Shearer who then flopped but then had success when they finally put the coach, Chris Houghton, in charge.
  • Options
    I really don't see what's remotely confusing about saying that? Where did I say we are such a big club you tit?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]Sorry so you don't expect us to own any bigish name players in the next couple of years? Lambert and Jaidi and Fonte are all pretty much the biggest names in the league, and since we're appointing a manager for the long term you want one with a reputation so he's gonna get respect, Adkins isn't gonna do that. He'd have been the next Paul Sturrock, fired because he couldn't handle the bigger palyers at the club.

Seems you are suffering from Newcastlitis or big name manager syndrome. Years calling for "big names" like Shearer who then flopped but then had success when they finally put the coach, Chris Houghton, in charge.

I'd be more happy with Shearer then Adkins to be honest, at least it's a remotely interesting appointment. Quite fancy getting Poyet in myself.
  • Options
    Well I suppose you can appoint O'Neill now, since Adkins won't resign.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]

Not really, I'd been saying to all of my mates this morning how much of a "meh" appointment he was and that I thought he'd have trouble managing the bigger name players, if we wanted him we'd have him. Yeah we're not Aston Villa, or he wouldn't wanna manage us either.

Embarrassing.
  • Options
    Joke club joke fans said it for ages best thing about southhampton is pompey
  • Options
    edited September 2010

Ha ha you're more likely to get Martin Allen than Martin O'Neill!
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]

Not really, I'd been saying to all of my mates this morning how much of a "meh" appointment he was and that I thought he'd have trouble managing the bigger name players, if we wanted him we'd have him

That's funny because you obviously did want him hence the approach, but now you can't have him.

[cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]I really don't see what's remotely confusing about saying that? Where did I say we are such a big club you tit?

Admittedly you didn't actually say that but by saying that Adkins was a 'meh appointment' and was no Martin O'Neill you're quite clearly saying that you think Adkins wasn't good enough for your huge club.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Joke club joke fans said it for ages best thing about southhampton is pompey

Its Southampton, not southhampton.
  • Options
    No we wanted to speak to him, we spoke to Phil Brown as well, it doesn't mean we wanted to hire either of them.
    Adkins is a meh appointment, how can you get excited about a guy you've never even heard of?? And Martin Oneill has been bookies favourite at evens, so clearly its not the most unrealistic thing in the world, stranger things have happened.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]No we wanted to speak to him, we spoke to Phil Brown as well, it doesn't mean we wanted to hire either of them.
    Adkins is a meh appointment, how can you get excited about a guy you've never even heard of?? And Martin Oneill has been bookies favourite at evens, so clearly its not the most unrealistic thing in the world, stranger things have happened.

Strachan was the favourite last year and Pardew's name wasn't even getting a mention by the bookies....
  • Options
    No its 2bob joke foolish club which is a stain on the sth coast
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]No we wanted to speak to him, we spoke to Phil Brown as well, it doesn't mean we wanted to hire either of them.
    Adkins is a meh appointment, how can you get excited about a guy you've never even heard of??And Martin Oneill has been bookies favourite at evens, so clearly its not the most unrealistic thing in the world, stranger things have happened.

Strachan was the favourite last year and Pardew's name wasn't even getting a mention by the bookies....

I'm not saying it means he's going to get the job, just that it's not laughably unrealistic.