Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins appointed Saints Manager, wait - no he hasnt

124»

Comments

• Options
    What was it Saints fans said about Hoddle's classless defection? Wah wah wah, I think.

I'm all for business is business, but Adkins is under contract and he's honouring it. There's room for integrity in business. Some of us actually find it preferable in the long run.
  • Options
    How is negotiating something special, the club also released a statement saying they understand that adequate compensation must be paid, they're obviously just disagreeing on price, oh noes nasty egotistical southampton are having the cheek to negotiate with a club!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]How is negotiating something special, the club also released a statement saying they understand that adequate compensation must be paid, they're obviously just disagreeing on price, oh noes nasty egotistical southampton are having the cheek to negotiate with a club!!

because you didn't negotiate, you tried to get him to resign so you would already have him as manager and THEN you would start negotiating.

You are totally blind to the fact that your club is coming out of this very badly.

No doubt as soon as he becomes your manager (and I think he will) you'll be saying what a great choice it was and how it proves you are a great attraction as he gave up a higher league club to come.

Very sad
  • Options
    No Martin O'Neill though, is he?

Oh, wait a minute...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]How is negotiating something special, the club also released a statement saying they understand that adequate compensation must be paid, they're obviously just disagreeing on price, oh noes nasty egotistical southampton are having the cheek to negotiate with a club!!

because you didn't negotiate, you tried to get him to resign so you would already have him as manager and THEN you would start negotiating.

You literally just made that up though based on rumours you've heard that suit what you want to think? The official statment from the club is as follows: "Contrary to some highly misleading comments published this morning, the Club has made no ultimatums, has not made any approaches without appropriate permissions, and is fully aware that appropriate compensation payments become due where the candidate managers are currently under contract. The Club has acted in an entirely professional manner and will continue to do so."

I know it's a wild thought but just maybe scunthorpe have bugger all money and aware we've got plenty so might well be asking over the odds for him, never happens in football though so I'm sure it's not that...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you just didnt get it did you

your dirty club was acting like it is something special

your chairman acting like scunthorpe doesnt matter

you acting like your club is huge and above all others

everything that is wrong with your club summed up 3 ways

How is he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you just didnt get it did you

[b aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]your chairman acting like scunthorpe doesnt matter
    [/b]

How is he?

read the following from the scunthorpe chairman

Scunthorpe chairman Steve Wharton believes Nigel Adkins' proposed switch to Southampton has fallen through.

The Iron manager looked certain to be heading for St Mary's after the Glanford Park club released a statement on Thursday morning confirming he and assistant Andy Crosby had agreed terms with the South Coast side, with a compensation package still to be arranged.

Saints have been searching for a new boss following their decision to axe Alan Pardew just three games into the new League One season.

But it now appears Adkins, who has been in charge at Scunthorpe since November 2006 when he was promoted from his role as club physiotherapist to replace Brian Laws, is no longer in the frame.

Wharton said: "The latest I've heard is that Southampton have withdrawn their offer to Nigel."

The Scunthorpe supremo has been less than impressed with his dealings with Southampton and claims they put huge pressure on Adkins in a bid to force the deal through.

"The situation is that Nigel and was given an ultimatum last night by Southampton to resign and accept their offer," Wharton added in Scunthorpe Telegraph.

Very difficult
    "But Nigel was not prepared to do that. He wanted to walk out of Glanford Park with his head held high and everything agreed.

"I have tried to contact the Southampton chairman today but have not been able to get hold of him.

"I was not prepared to roll over and let Nigel leave for nothing. I wanted some compensation for what I felt he was worth. It was only a modest amount.

"From a selfish point of view I will be happy if Nigel stays with us. But I also feel very sorry for Nigel if this was a move that he had set his heart on.

"The Southampton people have been very difficult to deal with. They are probably not the right sort of people for Nigel to be working with.

"But at the moment I am not exactly sure what the situation is until I have talked further to Nigel."
  • Options
    fine man you have there eh ????
  • Options
    So its essentially the scunthorpe chairmans word against ours? I'm gonna side with the one who didn't feel the need to leak it all into the press. If he wants him to stay he wouldn't be saying anything would he?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]So its essentially the scunthorpe chairmans word against ours? I'm gonna side with the one who didn't feel the need to leak it all into the press. If he wants him to stay he wouldn't be saying anything would he?

you would

listen i have told you your club is a no mark club with a no mark chairman and no mark fans

the scunthorpe chairman has acted with dignity allowing a man he holds highly to follow an ambition to manage a bigger club

your chairman has tried to charge people for photos banned local papers because they wouldnt tow a certain line

believe who you want the rest of football will judge you

seems like the bournmouth manager has turned you down as well

Eddie Howe has turned down the opportunity to manage Southampton, Bournemouth chairman Eddie Mitchell has revealed to Sky Sports News.

The Saints are in the market for a new manager after cutting ties with Alan Pardew at the end of August.

Scunthorpe boss Nigel Adkins has led the running for the vacant post, with talks having already been held with the Iron coach.

However, a compensation package has proved to be a sticking point and the St Mary's post remains up for grabs.

With that deal having stalled, Southampton have instead turned their attention to Howe, who has worked wonders at Bournemouth during his two years at the helm.

He helped guide the club to promotion out of League Two last season, despite working under a transfer embargo.

Declined
    His credentials were not lost on the Cherries' South Coast rivals, but Howe has opted against taking on a fresh challenge with the Saints.

Mitchell told Sky Sports News: "Southampton politely approached me and asked if they could speak to Eddie. I gave Eddie permission to speak to them and he went for an interview. This morning (Thursday) he was offered the job, which he declined.

"We are very pleased that Eddie has decided to stay at Bournemouth. Personally I am very pleased, and it's a great achievement for the club to hold on to such a good manager."

Mitchell is convinced that the matter can now be laid to rest, with it unlikely that Southampton will make a second approach for Howe.

"Eddie has made his mind up, he's staying with the club," he added.

"We're very pleased about that and whether they come back or not, I think Eddie is staying at Bournemouth."
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    How is acted with dignity blurting rubbish all over the press? Our chairman has acted with dignity by releasing an official statement and keeping everything else behind closed doors as any proffessional would. As if Eddie Howe was ever going to get the job?! Funny how the only two people who have came out and said they don't want the job are ones who were never going to get it, the mighty Paul Tisdale and Eddie Howe, it just makes them look better at their clubs.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]Shut up "no mark club" you jealous loser, we could buy your club and make you our reserves you pikey. How is acted with dignity blurting rubbish all over the press? Our chairman has acted with dignity by releasing an official statement and keeping everything else behind closed doors as any proffessional would. As if Eddie Howe was ever going to get the job?! Funny how the only two people who have came out and said they don't want the job are ones who were never going to get it, the mighty Paul Tisdale and Eddie Howe, it just makes them look better at their clubs.

pmsfl
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Ha ha ha sfc86 we're all laughing at you! Your huge club with such a great fan base and big name players have been turned down by the BOURNEMOUTH manager!!

And yes he was offered it, or is the Bournemouth chairman lying too like you said the Scunthorpe one was earlier?

"Mitchell told Sky Sports News: "Southampton politely approached me and asked if they could speak to Eddie. I gave Eddie permission to speak to them and he went for an interview. This morning (Thursday) he was offered the job, which he declined."
  • Options
    You can laugh all you want, you know you'd cream yourselves to be in our shoes, as opposed to having to sell anything of the slightest quality associated with your club, we can buy who ever we want and have done, if your manager was any good you'd be bricking it because we'd have him.
  • Options
    Game over.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]You can laugh all you want, you know you'd cream yourselves to be in our shoes

What? 18th in league one? Nah i think i'll pass thank you.
    Don't worry too much about the Bournemouth rejection though, maybe you could approach the Eastleigh manager? Or Havant & Waterlooville?!
  • Options
    Yeah yeah, I know how you lot feel from the first page, you all know we're gonna walk this league and you're bricking it that we're gonna get a good manager, because it's one less spot for you to get out of this league.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]You can laugh all you want, you know you'd cream yourselves to be in our shoes[/quote]

What? 18th in league one? Nah i think i'll pass thank you.
    Don't worry too much about the Bournemouth rejection though, maybe you could approach the Eastleigh manager? Or Havant & Waterlooville?![/quote]

It's a marathon not a sprint, maybe if your club learnt that you'd have actually got promoted last year. I won't worry, I'm really rather content that we're going to be fine.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]you just didnt get it did you

your chairman acting like scunthorpe doesnt matter

How is he?

read the following from the scunthorpe chairman

Scunthorpe chairman Steve Wharton believes Nigel Adkins' proposed switch to Southampton has fallen through.

The Iron manager looked certain to be heading for St Mary's after the Glanford Park club released a statement on Thursday morning confirming he and assistant Andy Crosby had agreed terms with the South Coast side, with a compensation package still to be arranged.

Saints have been searching for a new boss following their decision to axe Alan Pardew just three games into the new League One season.

But it now appears Adkins, who has been in charge at Scunthorpe since November 2006 when he was promoted from his role as club physiotherapist to replace Brian Laws, is no longer in the frame.

Wharton said: "The latest I've heard is that Southampton have withdrawn their offer to Nigel."

The Scunthorpe supremo has been less than impressed with his dealings with Southampton and claims they put huge pressure on Adkins in a bid to force the deal through.

"The situation is that Nigel and was given an ultimatum last night by Southampton to resign and accept their offer," Wharton added in Scunthorpe Telegraph.

Very difficult
    "But Nigel was not prepared to do that. He wanted to walk out of Glanford Park with his head held high and everything agreed.

"I have tried to contact the Southampton chairman today but have not been able to get hold of him.

"I was not prepared to roll over and let Nigel leave for nothing. I wanted some compensation for what I felt he was worth. It was only a modest amount.

"From a selfish point of view I will be happy if Nigel stays with us. But I also feel very sorry for Nigel if this was a move that he had set his heart on.

"The Southampton people have been very difficult to deal with. They are probably not the right sort of people for Nigel to be working with.

"But at the moment I am not exactly sure what the situation is until I have talked further to Nigel."

Yet Nigel Adkins came out in a press conference and said Cortese had been very professional over the whole approach and even had a dig at his own chairman.....

[cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]So its essentially the scunthorpe chairmans word against ours? I'm gonna side with the one who didn't feel the need to leak it all into the press. If he wants him to stay he wouldn't be saying anything would he?

you would

listen i have told you your club is a no mark club with a no mark chairman and no mark fans

What does that make Charlton then?
  • Options
    How old are you? 12, 13?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I ain't playing no more go to bed
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Sorry AFKA but how can you not take the piss out of these bumpkins ? Surely it proves beyond any arguement that there are clubs that the "family" song must have been invented for ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I ain't playing no more go to bed

No I am interested to know, if we're such a no mark club, with no mark fans, no mark chairman - What does that make your own club?
  • Options
    Yawn.

Turn off your light go to sleep you have school in the morning
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]I ain't playing no more go to bed

No I am interested to know, if we're such a no mark club, with no mark fans, no mark chairman - What does that make your own club?

One with a bit of decency! I'd rather see charlton playing non-league than act the way Southampton has over the year or so!
  • Options
    I would imagine that Eddie Howe is waiting for a much bigger club to come in for him in a year or two. Like us or maybe Portsmouth ;-)

In all the seriousness the more I hear about Eddie Howe the more I like the bloke and I know how much the Cherries manager turning Saints down must hurt them up the road. In Adkins too there seems to be another who's not prepared to go home with the first ugly, old slapper that shows a bit of interest so maybe footballs not totally devoid of morals.

All been a bit classless of behalf of Southampton really recently hasn't it? Yeah we're in a bit of a pickle ourselves, no denying it, but throughout it all over the last few years I think it's fair to say we've always acted honourably and respectfully.
  • Options
    First ugly old slapper

Pmsfl funny funny line

Everything said about that sth coast club is spot on

Phil brown to get the job would really make Me laugh
  • Options
    Just announced Adkins as our new manager, turns out we got the man we wanted and the job was never offered to anyone else after all. Good luck chasing the other two promotion places.