Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Adkins appointed Saints Manager, wait - no he hasnt

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No its 2bob joke foolish club which is a stain on the sth coast

I take it English wasn't exactly your strongest subject at School?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]No we wanted to speak to him, we spoke to Phil Brown as well, it doesn't mean we wanted to hire either of them.
    Adkins is a meh appointment, how can you get excited about a guy you've never even heard of?? And Martin Oneill has been bookies favourite at evens, so clearly its not the most unrealistic thing in the world, stranger things have happened.

If you've never heard of Adkins then that sums up your football knowledge. He got his side out of this division twice!

And so what about O'Neill, i could walk into a bookies this afternoon and put a few grand on someone like Ossie Ardiles or George Graham and watch the bookies panic and suddenly list them as a favourite for the job.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]No we wanted to speak to him, we spoke to Phil Brown as well, it doesn't mean we wanted to hire either of them.
    Adkins is a meh appointment, how can you get excited about a guy you've never even heard of??And Martin Oneill has been bookies favourite at evens, so clearly its not the most unrealistic thing in the world, stranger things have happened.

Strachan was the favourite last year and Pardew's name wasn't even getting a mention by the bookies....

I'm not saying it means he's going to get the job, just that it's not laughably unrealistic.

If we were in the League above I think we could tempt a high profile to join us, but we're in League One. Some of our fans seem to be getting a bit carried away because two unnamed Premier League managers applied for the job (according to SSN), an appointment like Adkins would have been the right move.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]And so what about O'Neill, i could walk into a bookies this afternoon and put a few grand on someone like Ossie Ardiles or George Graham and watch the bookies panic and suddenly list them as a favourite for the job.[/quote]

Right, I'm adding that to my list of things to do if I win the lotto.
  • Options
    I think Phil Brown is quite high profile to be fair, and I'd say we're as appealing as a top half championship club, because we're still a big-ish name and most importantly have loads of money. Adkins wouldn't be ideal because he'e never be a long term appointment to meet the clubs ambitions.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]I think Phil Brown is quite high profile to be fair, and I'd say we're as appealing as a top half championship club, because we're still a big-ish name and most importantly have loads of money. Adkins wouldn't be ideal because he'e never be a long term appointment to meet the clubs ambitions.

Phil Brown has been throwing his name in for most jobs that have become available since his departure from Hull.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]I think Phil Brown is quite high profile to be fair, and I'd say we're as appealing as a top half championship club, because we're still a big-ish name and most importantly have loads of money.

Is he a big name because of his achievements as manager or big name because of his fake tan and having a go at his players on the pitch at half time?
    Yes he got Hull promoted through the play offs and they had a purple patch at the start of the premier league season but he won something like 4 or 5 of his last 50 games in charge.
    Some of his signings were awful and on huge money.
  • Options
    delusions of grandeur

'Lambert, Fonte and Jaidi the biggest names in the league' !

'If we wanted him we'd have him'

Jesus christ....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]I think Phil Brown is quite high profile to be fair, and I'd say we're as appealing as a top half championship club, because we're still a big-ish name and most importantly have loads of money.

Is he a big name because of his achievements as manager or big name because of his fake tan and having a go at his players on the pitch at half time?
    Yes he got Hull promoted through the play offs and they had a purple patch at the start of the premier league season but he won something like 4 or 5 of his last 50 games in charge.
    Some of his signings were awful and on huge money.

I'm not saying he'd be good, I think he's on a par with Pardew skill wise and personality wise. I'm just saying we can attract a high profile manager and using him as an example
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Saints fan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]No its 2bob joke foolish club which is a stain on the sth coast

I take it English wasn't exactly your strongest subject at School?

writing skills - oooh really hitting him where it hurts!

I cant stick Southampton. Town full of one-eyes.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The only town apart from narwich that the sister is your mother song should be sung to.

Saints have always lived in the shadow of pompey,

Their club is not worth the debate shit club shit fans shit mgmt
  • Options
    Yeah I'd be jealous if it was the other way round too.
  • Options
    Jealous of your club never. I don't see me hanging around saints forums

You wanna be charlton fan
  • Options
    There's a slight difference between jealousy and interest, I have one, you have the other.
  • Options
    We're jealous that we didn't sack Pardew after a year in charge, yes.
  • Options
    Southampton are certainly trying to court controversy this season, so far they have banned the national press from taking photos at their ground, sacked their manager after a 4-0 away win, offered then withdrawn the offer to another club for a new manager. Think their board really needs to take a step back and wait & bide their time to get this appointment right.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]There's a slight difference between an arse and brain, I am one, you have the other.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]There's a slight difference between an arse and brain, I am one, you have the other.

Badoom tschhh....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The only town apart from narwich that the sister is your mother song should be sung to.

Saints have always lived in the shadow of pompey,

Their club is not worth the debate shit club shit fans shit mgmt

Explain how?

I could say at this moment in time you're in the shadow of Millwall or Palace but I don't think they consider you as a rival. . . .
  • Options
    Fairly obvious but it's pretty similar to Simon Grayson going to Leeds, although Adkins will be expected to get promotion straight away. If Cortese is that much of a gobshite to work with, it might put Adkins off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited September 2010
    quit the insults please chaps, this isn't a rivals site. lets try and have a decent debate.

Personally i thought Soton would go for a more high profile 'name' than Adkins. Looks like the way negotiations have gone it has shown them to be going about things the wrong way which doesn't surprise me. Fair play to Adkins for appearing to be an honourable man and respecting his current Chairman. Plenty wouldn't.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Southampton are certainly trying to court controversy this season, so far they have banned the national press from taking photos at their ground, sacked their manager after a 4-0 away win, offered then withdrawn the offer to another club for a new manager. Think their board really needs to take a step back and wait & bide their time to get this appointment right.
    Absolutely right.

Unless they continue trying to be as controversial as possible, in which case, expect a bid for this little charmer to be their next manager.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]Sorry so you don't expect us to own any bigish name players in the next couple of years? Lambert and Jaidi and Fonte are all pretty much the biggest names in the league, and since we're appointing a manager for the long term you want one with a reputation so he's gonna get respect, Adkins isn't gonna do that. He'd have been the next Paul Sturrock, fired because he couldn't handle the bigger palyers at the club.

Seems you are suffering from Newcastlitis or big name manager syndrome. Years calling for "big names" like Shearer who then flopped but then had success when they finally put the coach, Chris Houghton, in charge.

I'd be more happy with Shearer then Adkins to be honest, at least it's a remotely interesting appointment. Quite fancy getting Poyet in myself.
    Post of the week, brilliant! Thank god we know you're joking.
  • Options
    NLA really doesn't like Southampton does he?!
  • Options
    Certainly seems that way Chris haha!
  • Options
    No I don't I bloody hate them like I hate the stripey mugs from up the road.

Terrible fans ,terrible club,terrible town.

I even have to have them on our own forum.
  • Options
    It appears it is a case of if we want him we'll have him after all.....

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/sport/AUDIO/article-2626693-detail/article.html
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sfc86[/cite]It appears it is a case of if we want him we'll have him after all.....

http://www.thisisscunthorpe.co.uk/sport/AUDIO/article-2626693-detail/article.html

God, you really are something.

Of course he wants to come but you tried to do the dirty on Scunthorpe and dodge paying any compensation.
  • Options
    So I was right, no? Don't see what's wrong with that, business is business, they're in a higher league then us, why should we do them any favours if we haven't got to?
  • Options
    you just didnt get it did you

your dirty club was acting like it is something special

your chairman acting like scunthorpe doesnt matter

you acting like your club is huge and above all others

everything that is wrong with your club summed up 3 ways