Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    Only if it rains for the next two days.
  • Options
    551 at Adelaide? Last time we scored that many, on that ground...
  • Options
    beefy said tuesday a wash out that means we only have tomoz,

based on the vry little i know about cricket and from what the posters have said previously i reckon it will be a draw
  • Options
    England bat on...

KP out to a left-arm spinner again...

No sign of the declaration yet, but it won't be far away.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]beefy said tuesday a wash out that means we only have tomoz,

Since when did Beefy become Michael Fish?!
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    KP out to a left-arm spinner again...

Lol!

Probably his last Test wicket for a while....
  • Options
    His career average stands at just over 100...

And the plan to let Siddle take six wickets at the Gabba has worked perfectly, he hasn't looked like getting a wicket since.
  • Options
    Nice to see a Charlton flag out there.
  • Options
    Last day six wickets needed, looks touch and go
  • Options
    Only need North and Mrs Cricket out. That will leave Haddin batting with the longest tail in cricketing history (well, since England c. 2003 ayway) to save the test for them. I think the weather is the only thing that will save the convicts now - although, perversely, it might actually help us if there's a lot of cloud cover nd stoppages, as it may give Jimmy a bit more to work with in getting the ball to move about. I think the England win is slightly favourite, but I wouldn't bet on it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    beefy could be fish mate he seems to have got it right

a draw it is then ? or can we nick it
  • Options
    Depends on the weather, but we should win it if the rain holds off for a decent amount of time.

Aussie batsmen left: Hussey, North, Haddin, Doherty, Harris, Siddle and Bollinger. The last three have a collective FC batting average of 40.

England start play with a new ball (after KP completes his over) and assuming play lasts all day we get a second new ball in another 80 overs. For that reason and with rain about I hope that Strauss resists any temptation to give a few more overs to KP and Swann. Swann though will be the key - the pitch is beginning to break up and there's a fair amount of turn available out of the bowler's footmarks.
  • Options
    shall i stay up and watch it
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Depends on the weather, but we should win it if the rain holds off for a decent amount of time.

Aussie batsmen left: Hussey, North, Haddin, Doherty, Harris, Siddle and Bollinger. The last three have a collective FC batting average of 40.

England start play with a new ball (after KP completes his over) and assuming play lasts all day we get a second new ball in another 80 overs. For that reason and with rain about I hope that Strauss resists any temptation to give a few more overs to KP and Swann. Swann though will be the key - the pitch is beginning to break up and there's a fair amount of turn available out of the bowler's footmarks.

Not sure about that BFR, there is still nothing there for the quickies - even with the new ball - and our fast bowlers are not bowling that well in this innings.

I would bowl Swann and KP with the old ball and then only take the new ball if we don't take a wicket.
  • Options
    what difference does a new ball make they are both red just bowl it properly and gety rid of the aussies
  • Options
    Here you go NLA New Ball very simplistic explanation there
  • Options
    Not sure about that BFR, there is still nothing there for the quickies - even with the new ball - and our fast bowlers are not bowling that well in this innings.

I would bowl Swann and KP with the old ball and then only take the new ball if we don't take a wicket.

By taking the new ball early you get a second chance with it later in the day if things don't go to plan. Besides that although Swann and KP would prefer to bowl with an older ball they can't bowl all day and the new ball being harder should bounce a bit out off the pitch for them. Also bear in mind that Hussey is a good player of spin and has gotten the better of Swann in the series to date. Carrying on with the old ball would play North in and play to Hussey's strengths.

North is due in and is a poor starter, I'd rather he got a going over by Anderson and Finn. An early wicket is what we want and the new ball is likelier to deliver it.
  • Options
    Really hope England go for it, definitely should take the new ball in my opinion.

Doesn't matter about runs, if Australia hold out and are 20 ahead or 20 behind it doesn't matter one iota.

Even if they pass us they won't do by many and if the weather behaves you could even end up with a mad dash at the end...
  • Options
    Any good streaming websites for today? Tried a couple but not having much luck...
  • Options
    Broad out for the tour with a torn stomach muscle. Flying back tonight apparently.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Medders[/cite]Any good streaming websites for today? Tried a couple but not having much luck...

Theres normally a few good links on myp2p, go to live sport, then cricket.

Theres normally a couple streaming a sky sports feed, then some others from an aussie feed.

If you come across one with a cadburys ecclairs advert in the top corner, stay well clear, they show adverts mid over and everything.

The VIP sport is normally the best.
  • Options
    Straight on... nice one Dave, cheers mate
  • Options
    And in time to catch the first wicket of the day. I f'kin love you Dave!!
  • Options
    HUSSEY GONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME ON!!
  • Options
    Get in there
  • Options
    Shame Kingstone Communications (the only internet provider you can get in hull) provide us such a crappy service I get stuck at buffering, on any live feed atm.

Hope it clears up soon :(
  • Options
    We havent got the quickest connection in the world either but the streaming from chavster.org, via that P2P is working a treat mate...
  • Options
    That one normally does the trick for me too.

Hopefully once my house mate stops playing cod it'll be fine!!
  • Options
    Listening to the radio...

;)
  • Options
    Errrr, I'd suggest the problem is more to do with COD than KC you fool!!! lol