Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    The pitch looks a belter and well done to Cook, Trott and KP for filling their boots. From here I'd bat on aggressively and get a 250 run lead, declare sometime after tea and then try and get a couple of wickets before the close.Strauss is quite conservative though and you can expect the over-rate to slow up.

The Aussie team is disintegrating - the body language of the players and the field placings/line of attack suggest that they are running out of ideas and waiting for something to happen rather than trying to force something. Most strange in an Australian team. That said on this track they should score more than their first innings total, but England should be looking to finish the match off on day five.
  • Options
    Agreed. I couldn't believe the facial expressions and body language of the bowlers in particular and I'm talikng about in the morning session.
    They have got defeat written all over them, because they know we are a much better team.
    The only reason I'm not 100% confident of retaining The Ashes is because The Aussies are to cricket what The Germans are to football. They never usually know when they're beaten.

However, for once I think they actually do !
  • Options
    lady on the tv this morning said monday and tuesday rain

cricket pundit said that means a draw
  • Options
    Big Charlton flag in the crowd just now - well played.
  • Options
    Well done KP!
  • Options
    Pietersen ton.
  • Options
    KP moves on to 99...

He's made his usual loose start to an innings, but England are looking to score quickly this morning.
  • Options
    Cook goes for 148, ct Haddin b Harris
  • Options
    Fantastic effort - 225 average from his three knocks so far!
  • Options
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport/hi/english/static/cricket/statistics/scorecards/2010/12/85861/html/scorecard.stm
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    just moved past 500 ... looking solid, I reckon we get a 350 lead then through them into bat and bowl them out..

weather is the only problem... otherwise I reckon we be 1 up and looking on odds to keeps the urn...
  • Options
    Enjoying this immensley, the Canadian cricket channel is an absolute shambles but it carries the Australian commentary. Never heard Aussies so down in the dumps!
  • Options
    yeah the Aussies sound like they have swallowed a wasp...
  • Options
    Bell starting to turn it on a bit... Pieterson to do a massive score if we dont declare....
  • Options
    I'm just loving this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    For so so many years I have had to swallow the jibes and jokes from the aussies over here, and do you think i can find them now???

Not a chance! No reply's from text messages I'm flicking out, no email replies, nufin! They only sing when there winning!

Scored tickets for the first 2 days at the WACA.

Happy days!
  • Options
    little bit of rain, and Pieterson is also a bit injured...

hes on 199
  • Options
    When Do you think we'll declare mascot? I reckon 350 ish.

Kp 199, carrying a injury, his left side is looking sore.
  • Options
    350 sounds right ot me...

this rain might change strauss' thinking though... if it gets stopped that is..
  • Options
    Heavy drizzle now.....
  • Options
    KP the King! 200 n.o
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    and .. HEs got it... KP 200
  • Options
    KP not moving to well at all between the wickets.
  • Options
    the Aussie commentators, sounding bitter.. "The Barmy Army have never had it so good"

lol....
  • Options
    The AUssies just dont have any bowlers... I know siddle with his hatrick but really, but overall I reckon these are a load of old rubbish..
  • Options
    2 back to back lofted 4s... KP on fire..

10 that over...

over 300 in front..

and thats tea... and a thick wild turkey and coke for me... 2 fingers me thinks..
  • Options
    Just hot up and listening to 5 Live summary, what a great performance by England and KP, just wish that there was a camera fixed on Ricky Pontins mug throughout this. Hope the rain does not ruin things.

Shame that Cooke has lost form and only got 140 odd.
  • Options
    You lot should hear some of the backlash down here - not just amongst the commentators, but the Aussie public as a whole. They are disgusted with the effort of the current team - think the bowling is shite and cannot understand why the team is so poor. Gritted teeth compliments for the pom batsmen. Loving it!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]You lot should hear some of the backlash down here - not just amongst the commentators, but the Aussie public as a whole. They are disgusted with the effort of the current team - think the bowling is shite and cannot understand why the team is so poor. Gritted teeth compliments for the pom batsmen. Loving it!

Wonder if Ricky will do a Kim Hughes !
  • Options
    I've never heard as happy a commentator as Michael Vaughan on TMS over the last few days!
  • Options
    another draw then VG ?