Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

2010/11 Ashes thread

Comments

• Options
    66-5

If we don't dismiss the Aussies for under 150 we need shooting.
  • Options
    77-6 Clarke gone.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]77-6 Clarke gone.

77-7 sounds so much better! Haddin out leaving just Johnson and the tail. Expect some fireworks now.
  • Options
    Make that 77-8 - cracking stuff!
  • Options
    Well Johnson didn't last long either. 77-8 and Anderson one away from another five for.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    LOL - Ironic applause for scoring a run!

All 8 wickets so far caught between the keeper and gully.
  • Options
    Very sad we can't get it on TV here. Just following the Telegraph reporting.

Unbelievable!
  • Options
    Come on Chirpy - thought you were watching!
  • Options
    Drinks break and time for me to get some kip.
  • Options
    92-9

Come on lads, finish them off now so I can go to bed!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Thank you - 98 all out. Goodnight!
  • Options
    Just had a message from a mate who's at the match he said they put the beer down to 3% ........ Lightweights !
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    England 157 for 0 ...... Job done ashes retained ..... Beautiful
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]England 157 for 0 ...... Job done ashes retained ..... Beautiful

You would have thought so but, equally, our price to win the Test is still a massive 1.23 on Betfair. Is there exceptionally bad weather coming or do the cynics ampngst think we're still capable of being bowled out for ay 250? After all, in our position, the Aussie team of a decade agao would be 1.05 in our position.
  • Options
    All 10 Aussie wickets caught behind the wicket, six by Prior. Perhaps they shouldn't prepare English style conditions ;-)
  • Options
    yep, the Aussies were taken certainly from behind alright!
  • Options
    Amazing!!!!!

Cant wait to watch the highlights after going to the Valley today!!

Im going to the Valley, I havnt said that for almost 4 years... well excited...
  • Options
    Oh dear Strauss and Cook out already. Don't let the XXXX back in the game for Gods sake.
  • Options
    Don't panic.

We lead by 75 with 8 wickets in hand.

Worse case scenerio - We only get another 75 runs. So a lead of 150.

More likely, we'll be all out for 330 and either win by an innings or need to score <100 in the fourth innings.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Oh dear Strauss and Cook out already. Don't let the XXXX back in the game for Gods sake.

Go and fill that glass up Audrey!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: rhinosvalley[/cite]13/2 - already just after 30mins............with the Aussies no matter how crap they are, and have been - never ever rule them out....and with England...bit like Charlton...when you get your hopes then you put back...like Charlton never can relax regardless with England....lose another wicket before lunch then here we go again. Good start by Oz...need to calm this down nown..

It's not only England that need to calm down mate. 193-2 isn't a bad start in anyones book. 193-3 wouldn't be either. Chill out and enjoy.
  • Options
    just saw 3 charlton shirts in the crowd! couldnt see there boats tho.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ozaddick[/cite]just saw 3 charlton shirts in the crowd! couldnt see there boats tho.

Was it Paddy Powell and two of the senior groundstaff? Would explain a lot.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]Oh dear Strauss and Cook out already. Don't let the XXXX back in the game for Gods sake.

Got to get some sleep now as some of us have to be up at 5.00 for work so the glass will have to remain half empty :-(

Still at least I can go to bed now safe in the knowledge that you will be having watching your favourite cricketer, KP, in action ;-)
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: rhinosvalley[/cite]13/2 - already just after 30mins............with the Aussies no matter how crap they are, and have been - never ever rule them out....and with England...bit like Charlton...when you get your hopes then you put back...like Charlton never can relax regardless with England....lose another wicket before lunch then here we go again. Good start by Oz...need to calm this down nown..[/quote]

It's not only England that need to calm down mate. 193-2 isn't a bad start in anyones book. 193-3 wouldn't be either. Chill out and enjoy.[/quote]

you luv the drama rye!
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: ozaddick[/cite]just saw 3 charlton shirts in the crowd! couldnt see there boats tho.[/quote]

Was it Paddy Powell and two of the senior groundstaff? Would explain a lot.[/quote]

they were 3 rows directly behind the trumpeter.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Addick Addict[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]

Got to get some sleep now as some of us have to be up at 5.00 for work so the glass will have to remain half empty :-(

Still at least I can go to bed now safe in the knowledge that you will be having watching your favourite cricketer, KP, in action ;-)

Oi I'm at work tomorrow (or today) too!
  • Options
    Well with a lead of 346 after just 2 days and a perfect weather forecast for the next few days I would hope anyones glass would be overflowing, let alone half full.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]Well with a lead of 346 after just 2 days and a perfect weather forecast for the next few days I would hope anyones glass would be overflowing, let alone half full.

Can't believe that we are still 1.18 to win. I make us a 1.03 to 1.05 shot.