Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

stay or go?

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
First home game of the season today. Always been a parky backer but we were shocking. No shape, no plan, no idea, I cant see anything othar than sack him. Too slow to react to obvious deficiencies, got to go.this is his team, but time will not improve them. Stay or go?

Comments

• Options
    Should have gone in the summer and let someone new build their own team. Not sure but think it is possibly too late to get someone in now but the board should be actively looking now as if he doesnt get us promoted this year (unlikely) we will be even worse next year and will be offloading more players.
  • Options
    How bad do things have to get before we get rid off him? Mid table finish? Relegation?

I'm sure he's a nice guy and i hate o see anyone lose their job but lets face it if we cant get a win against Exeter , Tranmere and Dagenham then there is something really wrong.
  • Options
    dont think we can afford to sack him due to finances ,tuesdaysgame is gonna be massive for parky now and i think he knows it because fans are starting to get restless.
  • Options
    Not sure it's going to make much difference either way. Without investment we'll keep losing money, cutting costs and needing promotion even more while the squad gets worse.

Unfortunately if he does go I can see us having doubts about a new manager. Have said similar in the match thread. Don't see what the answer is. Parky can do a decent or even good job, but we need a manager to do a fantastic job. There's huge pressure here while we're losing money and unlike most other clubs our ground costs far more to maintain. Clubs like Brighton aren't under the same sort of pressure to be promoted this season.
  • Options
    cheerio.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    Cannot see who we are going to get that is better and we can afford.

Really do not want Kinsella or Chris Powell, they are not ready/too inexperienced and fear their reputations could be tarnished. If we are going to change manager then I think we need an external and experienced appointment.

What does worry me is Parky seems to lack the necessary motivational qualities, he does not inspire confidence imho. However I do not think he will be leaving anytime soon and am not completely anti Parky, the players have been good enough to win the last 4 games but have turned in very average performances (Notts County we were lucky).
  • Options
    Always been a Parky fan but it could be time for him to go. Who would replace him though?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Always been a Parky fan but it could be time for him to go. Who would replace him though?

Chris Coleman?
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: The Red Robin[/cite]Always been a Parky fan but it could be time for him to go. Who would replace him though?

ronnie moore he wont break the bank either
  • Options
    If it ever happens, then I hope that we completely change the back room staff as well. The coaching is very poor. I like Phil, nice bloke, but can he cut the mustard? Next 4 games will tell.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Time to go. We NEED to go up to stay afloat, something our owner said himself, we're stable for this season only and to carry on stable, we need to go up and currently, we will not be going anywhere under Mr. Parkinson. Said this a long time ago.
  • Options
    Just can't see where the team has improved. We are going nowhere at the moment, would rather have Breacker as manager, or Peacock. If we can't afford anyone outside than someone inside would be better. Who cleans the boots now? Maybe Murray could do it or anyone but today was shocking and the team looked clueless. Sack him now, first time I have ever said that. The power of the internet.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]If it ever happens, then I hope that we completely change the back room staff as well. .

Agree. As much as I love Kinsella it needs to be someone completely new and their team. Parkinson was part of Pardews set up and thats never sat well with me as i have always thought logically PP would have had some input or at least been able to identify what was wrong. It has been almost like the hangover from those dark days.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    If parky goes , Kinsella has to take over for a while so we take a little time to find a replacement. If in the meantime results and performances pick up then there's our manager.
  • Options
    No way Kinsella, love the bloke but he is not management material. There are options out there who are out of work and decent bets at this level (just don't ask me to name them!).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]If parky goes , Kinsella has to take over for a while so we take a little time to find a replacement. If in the meantime results and performances pick up then there's our manager.

Fair point and would be more sensible than clearing everyone out. As long as any contract offers were based on "positive results" rather than the results pp was apparently judged on in securing the gig.

Whilst I dont think PP is right for us he seems a decent bloke with a fair bit of integrity and i wouldnt be suprised if he walks before xmas if results dont pick up and put his hands up and realising although he's tried his best here its just not come off.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: valleyman[/cite]No way Kinsella, love the bloke but he is not management material. There are options out there who are out of work and decent bets at this level (just don't ask me to name them!).

How do you know he's not management material ?
  • Options
    Adiós.

Do it now while there's still time to turn it around.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Not sure it's going to make much difference either way. Without investment we'll keep losing money, cutting costs and needing promotion even more while the squad gets worse.

I see it as simply as this, but there's no convincing some...
    Parky has probably built as good a squad as could be expected, considering the lack of resources available... This is a major factor, often dismissed too easily by some when analysing his worth...
    Murray's objective this season was to give us a team that would be "competitive" and to fit the required tight budget.. Parky's given us both, hasn't he...?
    Nobody told us we would walk this league.
  • Options

Lennie ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: joeaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Not sure it's going to make much difference either way. Without investment we'll keep losing money, cutting costs and needing promotion even more while the squad gets worse.

I see it as simply as this, but there's no convincing some...
    Parky has probably built as good a squad as could be expected, considering the lack of resources available... This is a major factor, often dismissed too easily by some when analysing his worth...
    Murray's objective this season was to give us a team that would be "competitive" and to fit the required tight budget.. Parky's given us both, hasn't he...?
    Nobody told us we would walk this league.

But we have barely been competitive against some very poor sides.

What happens when we play at Southampton , Wednesday and Peterboro??

playing well for twenty minutes in matches against Tranmere and Dagenham is just NOT good enough.

It's not about the quality of the squad that's in question as I'm sure most will agree , we have some good players, its motivation and tactics that's the problem.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited September 2010
    Did people expect us to be top of the league? To have lost less than 2 games? To be less 5 points off the top?

No trying to dig anyone out but what were/are our expectations? Dominating for 90 minutes? Creating 20 chances a game?
  • Options
    Beds, Wednesday have lost 4 on the spin and Southampton have just picked up their first goal and win in 4 games. It's a shit league, with shit players and shit managers.
  • Options
    "What happens when we play at Southampton , Wednesday and Peterboro??"

Who knows?? We'll probably be competitive with the squad we have on the required budget..
    Some of those clubs you mentioned are still holding onto the type of quality players, we have long lost sight of....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Beds, Wednesday have lost 4 on the spin and Southampton have just picked up their first goal and win in 4 games. It's a shit league, with shit players and shit managers.

True but answer this. Do you think we will avoid defeat at Hillsborough or St Mary's playing like we are?
  • Options
    Just a bit of intelligence would be a start. I was quite prepared to give Parky until 12 games until judging him as I feek that is a decnt squad. But the way we played today tells me that the message is not getting across, something needs to change. I want Lennie.
  • Options
    Who the hell knows? Owl Life and Saints Life may be asking the same questions as and when they come to us considering their performances so far this season...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]Who the hell knows? Owl Life and Saints Life may be asking the same questions as and when they come to us considering their performances so far this season...

I'm sure they are , which makes it all the more important that we do something positive before they get out of their slumps.
  • Options
    I've tried to be patient and understanding, but I've been doing that for ages and nothing has changed. Maybe, instead of just saying 'this is where we are, we are a shit league one team and we can't be getting upset about not beating the likes of Tranmere and D&R' we should be expecting a bit more of those who represent this club and kicking up a bit more of a fuss. Why? When we start accepting that it is OK to be in the mid-table no hopers in this league, we are embracing our fate as a club that is, simply doomed. If we keep on with this crap, then we will be playing in front one man and his dog before we know it and we all know what will happen then. People around this club are now so depressed and despondent, but mostly they are just tired of this rubbish....tired of waiting for things to get better. They have been patiently waiting for ages and despite all the evidence to the contrary, they are still being expected to just put up and shut up.

I know it is the done thing hereabouts to wait until we are in the Blue Square Premier or whatever before we are allowed to voice any concern, but whether it is just bad luck or whatever, this clearly isn't working out and I fail to be able to see a time when it ever will. I just don't think he is capable of taking this club anywhere but further down. I honestly just want someone else to be making the decisions about the team now. It may just give us the lift we need. It may not. But at least we would be trying to do something about it, rather than acting like a condemned man not trying to escape from his jail cell.

Christ, I need to get to the pub before the idea of putting my head in the oven starts to look like a more appetising way of spending a Saturday night....

Apologies for the brainfart, but I just needed to get this off my chest, I suppose.
  • Options
    Same here ste, just can't accept the way we played today as being right, shocking penalty decision or not.