Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

stay or go?

Comments

• Options
    bigstemarra, We probably all feel like this.. The problem is we are just adding more "hope" to our endless list of "hopes" by just sacking another manager...
    We've had four new managers, making new decisions about the team since our glory days, and it hasn't made a jot of difference.
  • Options
    go to go....anyone who didn't put shelvey's name down first on the team sheet last season has no clue.....
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]dont think we can afford to sack him due to finances ,tuesdaysgame is gonna be massive for parky now and i think he knows it because fans are starting to get restless.

It shouldnt cost us anything to sack him. If any person on this board does not perform at their job they will get sacked with out any pay off!!! Parkinson knows we havnt got any money so should understand that we cant afford to pay him off and also cant afford to keep him if these results continue.
  • Options
    Despretley want Parkie to do well, but the team seem clueless at the moment, he isnt getting the best out of his players, we have no pattern to our play, and i cannot for the life of me seeing us turning the corner,
    If we were to replace him i would rather see an experienced man come in who has experience to get us out of this league, not a young guy and hope he does well,
  • Options
    I am a rose tinted spectacle sort of guy & have supported Parky thus far, but i am now of the opinion that he has to go.

The squad of players he has got should be good enough for the top 6, but there is no sign of it happening. He either can't organise, can't motivate or both.

We should have caned D&R and the biggest shame is that I knew we wouldn't.

Lose at Exeter, draw at Tranmere, beat Notts C at home but in truth we should have lost & draw at home to D&R it ain't good enough.

I've seen all but 2 games this season and we haven't played well throughout once, not once.

Parky I like you, but you haven't got the 'X' factor.

I know it's a bit pointless to say so, but if Warnock was our manager I honestly believe we'd be top of this shite league.
  • Options
    Should never have been given the job after the winless trial period. Tight finances are one thing, but how much is all this fail costing?
  • Options
    i was standing a foot away from chris coleman in asba (epsom) two days ago! wanted to go and say to him he should be next charlton boss but i didnt have the neve!
  • Options
    Parky should not have got himself sent off at half time and what was the point of the players having a go at the Ref after the penalty?

As a result, the Ref did us no favours in the second half.

Two players and two of the management sent off so far this season. This does not help the cause.
  • Options
    Stay. There is no viable alternative. I'm not pretending it's been good, but I don't see how knee jerk changes make things better.
  • Options
    Stig, I just can't see where the ideas are though. We looked clueless today, sounds like we have done all season. We can't keep doing this, the squad is strong enough, the manager isn't as far as I can see. He should go now to give us a chance of turning things round.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    WSS said - "Did people expect us to be top of the league? To have lost less than 2 games? To be less 5 points off the top?
    No trying to dig anyone out but what were/are our expectations? Dominating for 90 minutes? Creating 20 chances a game?"

I didn't expect us to be top no, but with this squad i'd expect us to be there or thereabouts. You can take stats any way you like. We've only lost twice yes but apart from Huddersfield away have we faced a decent side? In the last 2 weeks we've scraped draws against the bottom 2. Next saturday we go to 3rd bottom brentford. Am i confident of a win, am i f*ck?
    Yes we're only 5 points off the top, but we're only 6 points off relegation.

We are clueless and as long as we have Parky in charge that's not going to change. He just doesn't seem to have any answers.
  • Options
    I don't know what everyone is bleating on about, we're playing at the level our finances will allow...

You pay peanuts, you get monkeys...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    WSS - you are unbelievable.

Five points off the top. Two defeats. And you are happy with that?

Make that five points off the top after eight games. I make that more than 25 points off the top after 46 games.

Make that two defeats in eight. I make that 10 or more defeats in a season. Not promotion form.

What are our expectations?

A team to be proud of. A team and a manager that reflect our burning desire to get out of this League. A team that can score goals to make up for our obvious defensive deficiencies.

You are unbelievable.
  • Options
    We are shit but anything could happen!
  • Options
    5 points off top but 6 points off bottom
  • Options
    You have to be putting crap like Dagenham and Tranmere away whether you play home away or on the moon. Not doing so just builds pressure going into the next game.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]You have to be putting crap like Dagenham and Tranmere away whether you play home away or on the moon. Not doing so just builds pressure going into the next game.

Not true. We didn't lose to either Dagenham & Redbridge or Tranmere. Or Oldham.

So that's only two defeats so far.

We are doing fine.

Ask WSS.
  • Options
    I reckon I'm pretty pro-Parky and what with being at Uni I don't see many games, but from what my dad and his friend (both ST holders) say, things could go worse if the nativesget restless and the atmosphere goes majorly south... over to you Mr 'Soley in Charge' Murray
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]I reckon I'm pretty pro-Parky and what with being at Uni I don't see many games

Those two statements may be linked.
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]You have to be putting crap like Dagenham and Tranmere away whether you play home away or on the moon. Not doing so just builds pressure going into the next game.

We are doing fine.

Ask WSS.

Grow up mate. Jeez. Geezer gave his opinion and asked a couple of questions. You don't have to like it, but let's try and keep it out of the playground.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: thenewbie[/cite]I reckon I'm pretty pro-Parky

That makes 3 then. You, Miguel Llera and Mr 'my-glass-is-always-half-full-no-matter-how-bad-things-get' WSS. Anyone else?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]

We are doing fine.

Ask WSS.

Grow up mate. Jeez. Geezer gave his opinion and asked a couple of questions. You don't have to like it, but let's try and keep it out of the playground.

Even if they are stupid questions?

Where does the playground come in?
  • Options
    Go I think now. Good at buying players, bad at making a team out of them or teaching them how to play.

Asking benson to come deep is a disgrace he needs to sit on the shoulders of defenders and wait for balls in behind.

Should have got Gary johnson
  • Options
    Give it up - I ain't rising. Go to bed - it wont seem as bad in the morning.
  • Options
    11 points seperate top from bottom after 8 games.

That tells me this league is pretty even everyone is bad as anyone. The players we've signed came from a league below us (Benson) a non league keeper (Worner) two from a team relegated from this league last year (McCormack/Francis) and a mid table striker (Abbott) so I'm not sure what people really expect this season.

What I will say we are a hard team to beat, same as last season apart from Millwall no-one had an easy game against us. If we had a bit of a cutting edge up front we'd be front runners for this league hopefully that will come by playing it on the floor like we did for the first 20 minutes yesterday...
  • Options
    edited September 2010
    6 games is a bit early to be fair, we have been pretty rubbish but those first 2 league games we played really well so we do have the players to perform, I know it's the old cliche but you really have to give him time, if performances don't improve in the next 5/6 games then maybe it is time to call it time but now it is too early. Although you have to say that a lot of the mistakes we are making isn't exactly down to the quality of the players, seems to be lots of simple errors, lack of plan b and a lack of discipline, if Parky can't resolve those issues by the end of October, then he will have to go
  • Options
    I was 100% against Parky's succession post-Pardew, especially after that inept caretaker period. It's taken me a while to warm to him, but on paper his wheelings & dealings in the transfer market to rebuild the squad have been quite impressive.

The danger I see is that 2010/11 turns into another 2008/09, repeating the pattern that 2009/10 was a 2007/08 - if you know what I mean!!

We are not too big or too clever to do a Luton.

Parky should be given another 6 league games maximum to turn it around in terms of performances - if he fails to get some momentum going, then it's the door.
  • Options
    8 league games in and people are calling for his head, how many times do we say a manager hasn't been given enough time? I know he has been here a while but again this summer we have had to deal with another huge turn around in personnel and already people are saying we need Parky to go. 11 points separates the league, come on it is going to be a very tight one this year, after all the changes most would be satisfied with playoffs but now people seem to have changed their mind. I say lets give him a bit longer, if by Christmas we don't look like performing and/or making playoffs then it will be the time to ask questions but this soon seems a very big reaction to a few mediocre performances
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: colthe3rd[/cite]8 league games in and people are calling for his head, how many times do we say a manager hasn't been given enough time? I know he has been here a while but again this summer we have had to deal with another huge turn around in personnel and already people are saying we need Parky to go. 11 points separates the league, come on it is going to be a very tight one this year, after all the changes most would be satisfied with playoffs but now people seem to have changed their mind. I say lets give him a bit longer, if by Christmas we don't look like performing and/or making playoffs then it will be the time to ask questions but this soon seems a very big reaction to a few mediocre performances

Our last 46 league games have resulted in 76 points (1.65 points per game)
    Our last 23 league games have resulted in 38 points (1.65 points per game)

We are actually extremely consistent in that respect as at 1.65 points per game, we should be on 13 points for this season - we are on 12.

76 points is about enough for 6th - 8th based on previous years.

Looking back at the last 46 games, only once (4 games from 24 Nov to 12 Dec 2009) really have we won more than 2 in a row ( (i say really because we won the last 2 games of last season, and the first two of this season).

Only 3 times have me managed back to back wins.

This is a puzzling trend, we are good enough to win nearly half of the last 46 games, yet we rarely put anything like a run together.

Why is this?
  • Options
    If I could see any sign that our weaknesses were being ironed out, I'd say give him more time. But the same old things keep going wrong, it's like a broken record.
    I've never known us to concede so many injury time goals, create so few chances for our forwards, or to never, never score from a free kick.
    Parky knows of only one way to win games, play defensively, nick a goal and hang on for dear life. If he plays more openly he hasn't the tactical knowledge to get the team to adapt during a game when the other team gets on top. We lose shape and fall apart, it happens all the time. He also hasn't a clue how to close out games so that we stop concedeing last minute equalisers/winners. Add that to the disgrace of failing to play our most talented youngster in decades and it's adios from me.