Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Iceland - how are they allowed to sell this ...

edited September 2010 in General Charlton
... absolute shite???

Just saw it advertised on the TV and thought I must be dreaming.

440g Doner Kebab Pizza

A deep pan pizza base topped with tomato sauce, mozzarella cheese, reformed lamb, red onions and green peppers.

(was trying to paste a picture, but here's a link )
yum yum

Comments

• "the best moms go to Iceland" -- and get a skewer up their arse and turned into a 440G kebab.
  • Sounds like a fine meal to me :)
  • It costs £1. I bet that tastes nice!
  • Disgrace.

Would be ok if it was organic and fair trade though...
  • Anything that helps them pay back their debts should be encouraged.
  • I don't think it's about the pizza necessarily, I think It's about what the majority of the British public on low incomes demand....Cheap food. You only have to go to ASDA to see the trolley's full of smart price products
  • I had a doner kebab pizza in Redcar one very late saturday night, after we played Boro.

Was hammered but didnt touch it, was like death on a plate. . . .
  • a few years ago Iceland tried to go down the healthy food route with the result that profits slumped and debts grew. I think Valley McMoist got it spot on.
  • One of the breakfast TV shows did an interesting comparison last Christmas - a "smart price" versus "taste the difference" Christmas dinner comparison - the results proved that it is not worth paying extra for the premium products because the judges couldn't tell which was which.
  • Sponsored links:

• 'Reformed lamb'? How much do pizzas made from lambs with ASBO's cost?
  • I agree with saga lout. Nothing wrong with smartprice products. OK not all of it is great but Ive made some really nice meals with them. I know for a fact of a bakery that makes white loafs for Tesco, Asda and Netto's. They all get a different label and go out at very different prices...
  • If you look at the actual contents rathr than worrying about the title its just a lamb pizza. Change the lamb to ham and you would think its fine.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]If you look at the actual contents rathr than worrying about the title its just a lamb pizza. Change the lamb to ham and you would think its fine.[/quote]

Presumably so would the lamb but not the pig!
  • The first woman to buy me one of those gets to marry me...
  • Wait 'til the scottish version comes out....The deep fried batter kebab pizza.
  • I've had it a few times, very tasty!!

The hot dog pizza isn't bad either.
  • [cite]Posted By: heavenSE7[/cite]I agree with saga lout. Nothing wrong with smartprice products. OK not all of it is great but Ive made some really nice meals with them. I know for a fact of a bakery that makes white loafs for Tesco, Asda and Netto's. They all get a different label and go out at very different prices...
    True - I don't think there's much difference at all between Asda's 'cheap' range and their 'premium' one. It's ALL shite. Go to Waitrose and buy a piece of fish, or a punnet of tomatoes - then buy the same fish and tomatoes from Asda. THEN you'll notice the difference. Unfortunately, it won't just be the taste - it'll cost twice as much in Waitrose. As someone who actually likes to taste the food he eats, I can tell you with absolute certainty that anything 'fresh' from Asda will taste like a polythene bag full of water.
  • I've had the kebab pizza, quite nice I must admit!
  • I thought exactly the same thing when i saw that advert. The £1 price tag is the scary bit and makes you wonder whats in it. Saw a show recently that explained how supermarkets top pizzas with and oil and water mix that they're allowed to call cheese to keep costs down
  • Sponsored links:

• Moms who feed their kids shite from Iceland obviously hate their children.
  • [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]anything 'fresh' from Asda will taste like a polythene bag full of water.

That's pretty much all it is :/
  • I need to find this from a takeaway... heaven.
  • edited September 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Harveys Trainer[/cite]If you look at the actual contents rathr than worrying about the title its just a lamb pizza. Change the lamb to ham and you would think its fine.

Er.... actually, I think if you actually looked into the contents then you would probably never eat it. There's probably very little lamb and even less pizza!

It costs a pound ffs. Not knocking cheaper products in general, but seriously, what the fudge is in this thing if they can mass produce it and retail it for £1? It doesn't bear thinking about.
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]I've had it a few times, very tasty!!

The hot dog pizza isn't bad either.
  • [cite]Posted By: UP...THE...ADDICKS[/cite]I need to find this from a takeaway... heaven.

we had a leaflet through the door which contained Kebab pizza. Dirty pizza my mate called it.
  • Kebab meat is no better or worse than a sausage or a burger - not sure what the problem is. No harm in any junk food - just don't eat it all the time and make sure you eat enough of the right stuff as well. It wouldn't be in the shop if it doesn't have an e number - having an e number means it's classified and is okay. (despite the misconceived panic that a lot of people have about them)
  • can the tomato sauce, onion and green pepper make up 3 of my 5-a-day ?
  • A rather nice Geordie lass had the same pizza from a pizza/ kebab shop after the carlisle away game. I was in the place waiting for a pizza she rolled in with her hen do mates and asked the chap to slice her some of the meat off the elephants foot so she could sample it ( like a fine red ) she then said yep that will do and then had in knocked up as a pizza so few weeks time carlisle away place opposite the Ibis you can sample a fresh one.