Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Andy Woodman. Discuss. (Edit: Ben Roberts hired as new goalkeeping coach - 29/12/10)

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]I hear parky is next.... May just be a rumour

Do you know what - I haven't heard a rumour or anything but I think there is something going on behind the scenes re Parky.

He just isn't acting himself. A couple of home games ago he was really giving the players an earful and seemed like he was fighting for his life. Since then we've played crap and he's been a spectator on the sidelines - culminating in yesterdays pitiful showing.

I just feel it in my waters - something is not right
  • Options
    I'm not sure Parky would get on very well working under Pardew again.
  • Options

as said on the other thread it wouldn't surprise me and would explain the performance yesterday. would be unjustified though, he deserves until the end of the season and then reassess then.
  • Options
    Not to Newcastle but next to leave.
  • Options
    Well we will soon know whether Woodman was worthwhile or not I guess.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

as said on the other thread it wouldn't surprise me and would explain the performance yesterday. would be unjustified though, he deserves until the end of the season and then reassess then.

Absolutely right. Nothing is likely to derail our promotion push better than changing our entire management staff

He really doesn't deserve to be treated like that
  • Options
    After an 11 game unbeaten run? I would be shocked!
  • Options
    Parky was asked if he would join Pardew at Newcastle last week, he said no as he had a good job at the Valley. So he is not joining the Silver Fox
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]

Absolutely right. Nothing is likely to derail our promotion push better than changing our entire management staff

He really doesn't deserve to be treated like that

Maybe not but with new owners normally comes new management. Whichever way it goes Parky cannot afford many inept displays like yesterday.
  • Options
    what really worries me is that Wise was taking copious notes on players at a recent home game, then was alledgely spotted at Sparrows Lane last week and a takeover is set to be completed. Add to that a totally woeful performance ...........
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    We only have young goalkeepers in our squad so I think loosing Andy Woodman is very bad news. Unless we can replace him with someone better (which seems unlikely).

I am now wondering if Pardew getting that Newcastle job and immediately trying to poach our management staff is what is unsettling the players. That and the mystery takeover.
  • Options
    I think Woodman deserves a lot of thanks and credit for the job he has done since 2007.

I know we do not know the ins and outs of Robbie and Darren Randolphs development/attitudes/realistic potential in 2007 but both seemingly have developed well with the coaching of Woodman and have proved themselves to be fine young keepers with bright futures.

Robbie may not be perfect but has come a long way since 07 and he could not have done that without good coaching/mentoring etc. As for Randolph- he has always been talented but again Woodman must take some credit for the fact he played so well last season and seemingly is forging a good career for himself in the SPL.
  • Options
    we are in league 1 and playing the worst football i have seen in my 30 years of going, any change is good in my opininon - i'm talking more about Parky and the whole football management set up. We will not go up with the current set up, of that i'm certain.
  • Options
    Oh and as for a replacement for Woodman, read last week Andy Marriot the Exeter veteran keeper is joining WBA as a coach- assuming keeping which means maybe they will let us have Deano who i thought was GK Coach. They can't have 2 GK Coaches surely.

We can hope. Or Paul Barron mentioned in the Pardew Toon thread.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]we are in league 1 and playing the worst football i have seen in my 30 years of going, any change is good in my opininon - i'm talking more about Parky and the whole football management set up. We will not go up with the current set up, of that i'm certain.
    What about the midfielders? I havent heard you mention them once on any thread...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]we are in league 1 and playing the worst football i have seen in my 30 years of going, any change is good in my opininon - i'm talking more about Parky and the whole football management set up. We will not go up with the current set up, of that i'm certain.
    What about the midfielders? I havent heard you mention them once on any thread...

Constructive crticism WSS - you got anything constructive to add or just going to stick to the snide comments?
  • Options
    edited December 2010

Where do you sit at The Valley, there is a guy infront of me who honestly has said almost that exact same sentence a good few times this season.

Althought to be honest, I am sure it is not just a small minority who believe this.
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited December 2010
    It's not snide at all.

One thing I will say though - if we were to drop Racon and Semedo - who would you play? Would you rather they left at the start of the season?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    1 loss out of 11 and your calling for Parky to be changed? Are you having a laugh?

Hows that for constructive?
  • Options
    North upper - everyone i know says the same thing so chances are it's not me. We've had to be patient - roll on the 24th and lets hope this takeover sorts this rubbish out. We've understood, we've continued to support, we've trod water for 4/5 years - lets hope we can now start moving forward because anyone who is content to watch that brand of football and thinks it will get us promoted is kidding themselves.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]It's not snide at all.

One thing I will say though - if we were to drop Racon and Semedo - who would you play? Would you rather they left at the start of the season?

We've had to make do since the transfer window shut - we brought a lot of players in in the summer and from day 1 it was obvious we had no ball player/s creators in midfield. I haven't changed my tune and i would be more than happy to have been proved wrong but it was so obvious. Do we need 3 target men and 5 slow centre halfs andno proper midfield players? I'd play Semedo in defence (full back - that's all he is) and i'd have brought two new central midfielders in and gradually phased Racon out - we know he can do it in flashes but that aint enough. If its boring you that i keep sayiong it, tough, don't read it, but we are piss poor at home and my view as to why has never changed.
  • Options
    The fact that the conversation is on a thread about our ex goalkeeping coach as well as one about fans in the North Upper says enough.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]North upper - everyone i know says the same thing so chances are it's not me. We've had to be patient - roll on the 24th and lets hope this takeover sorts this rubbish out. We've understood, we've continued to support, we've trod water for 4/5 years - lets hope we can now start moving forward because anyone who is content to watch that brand of football and thinks it will get us promoted is kidding themselves.
    Aren't you kidding yourself if you really believe "any change is good".

Plenty of very average right down to terrible managers out there we could replace Parky with.
  • Options
    be willing to take the risk
  • Options
    On the midfield, I don't disagree that we don't have a real playmaker/creative player in central midfield, but I'm not convinced it's simply down to Parky not seeing it. How many clubs in this league have that type of player? How many were available in the summer and willing to play in League One? There aren't many around at this level, not cheaply either.

Could take a risk on a young loanee from a Prem club, but it would have to be a player capable of playing consistently well at this level to be a real improvement over what we have.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]On the midfield, I don't disagree that we don't have a real playmaker/creative player in central midfield, but I'm not convinced it's simply down to Parky not seeing it. How many clubs in this league have that type of player? How many were available in the summer and willing to play in League One? There aren't many around at this level, not cheaply either.

Could take a risk on a young loanee from a Prem club, but it would have to be a player capable of playing consistently well at this level to be a real improvement over what we have.

how many teams in this division have created and scored less than us at home?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]On the midfield, I don't disagree that we don't have a real playmaker/creative player in central midfield, but I'm not convinced it's simply down to Parky not seeing it. How many clubs in this league have that type of player? How many were available in the summer and willing to play in League One? There aren't many around at this level, not cheaply either.

how many teams in this division have created and scored less than us at home?
    Created, no idea, scored not many. We all know we need to score more at home, that's fair enough.

No teams have scored as many away from home as us. Midfield must be doing something right for that to happen.

I'd still like to know who these League One play makers are that were available in the summer.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]We only have young goalkeepers in our squad so I think loosing Andy Woodman is very bad news. Unless we can replace him with someone better (which seems unlikely)

funny that a mate told me on Sunday that WBA had/are appointing a new goalkeeping coach and that he doesn't know where that leaves Deano there. Who knows ?

should have read the other posts first, sorry.
  • Options
    not going to enter into this argument too much as I haven't been away yet but apart from Sheff Wed at home when we were excellant, and yeovil for excitement the remaining 8 league games and 2 cup games have bored me senseless, the quality is shite and I know it's down to the standard of players we have but it really has been pitiful at times.
  • Options
    7 teams have scored same or less than us at home, 11.

But then only 14 teams have conceeded more or the same as us at home 11.

Which shows while we're not scoring many at home we're not conceeding many either.