Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson supporters - Justify that performance & result

Comments

• Options
    get to bed you seem tired
  • Options
    The task for Parkinson and his staff is simple. Get the team to perform consistently for 90 minutes.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Still waiting...
    What's the point? In the past when names were suggested they are just derided. If I knew for a fact that Sir Alex would do the job for free someone would say too old. The fact of the matter is that every season clubs with managers without a great pedigree prosper. Your Blackpools, your Scunthorpes, your Norwich, your Milwall, your Burnley and so on. I could say Keith Hill or Eddy Howe or John Sheridan
  • Options
    We are where we are.

The question is how do we get out of it?

One thing I can say for certain is that poster slagging off poster won't go one iota to getting us out of it!

So a few questions to concentrate thoughts:

1. Given our finances (or lack thereof) is replacing Parky a realistic option and who do we get intead?

2. Do we panic after some poor and indifferent performances in the first 10 games with a lot of new players or take a medium to long term view and review it around Christmas when the players have had ample time to get used to each other?

3. From the snippets I can glean as an absentee today it appears that the midfield may once again have gone missing. If so what should we do? Change formation, personnel or both?

Courtesy to one and all please chaps and chapesses!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Oh give it a rest for Christ's sake.

so you cant then

I can't what?

Mate, not having a pop at you but we all know your views by now so does this really need a new thread just so you can dig people out?

You all know me views?? You cleary dont . Up until last week i supported him. Not any more.

If you dont like it go somewhere else. This is a discussion board isnt it or perhaps you can answer my original question instead.?

Sincere apologies Bedsaddick - it must clearly have been another Bedsaddick who posted "Goodbye parkinson - get Lost " on the match thread and that's obviously where I have become confused.

And you seem to have assumed that I am a Parkinson defender and that for some reason I have to justify something - which is strange as I don't recall ever saying anything of the sort. In actual fact I just don't really want to see yet another round of bitching and in-fighting. It all becomes a bit tedious after a while. But hey, you go for it mate, get stuck in. But if it'[s all the same to you I think I'll stay, just for a bit.

You obviously have a problem reading .I said i supported him up till last week. After the Dagenham game i had had enough.

You can all jump and put the boot in if you like but i couldnt give a shit.

We cant beat the likes of Tranmere , Dagenham , Exeter and Brentford and these are all going to be below average teams in league one.
    I wouldn't mind if we were playing ok but we are just plain awful most of the time.

If you happy with that then fine but i'm not but don't ever tell me i'm not entitled to an opinion.

I dont want to see this club turn into a mid table league one side which we are rapidly becoming.

We have yet to play the better sides in this division and with Parkinson in charge i feel the worse.

People can tell me i wasn't there today , people can be sarcastic ( which isnt even worth a response), you can even disagree but you arent changing my mind and im not going away so get used to it people.

Parkinson has to go.
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    At the moment it is a case of 1 step forward and 1 back. In this League nobody has truly excelled- even Brighton have dropped 9 points from a possible 30 and we have managed to take half of the available points. Today's result is not good enough but we have also stolen 4 points from the jaws of draws in the County and Mk games, consistency us a problem for us but it seems to be a problem for all in the top half.
    A team has to grab the league by the balls and go for it we have the team to do it (along with 9 or so others) but we need to string some results together soon because at the moment it is far too patchy and before to long some of the better sides will start to break away.
  • Options
    nasty run of fixtures coming.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Telnotinoz[/cite]Cant believe the in fighting to be honest, everyone on here is entitled to an opinion...the good the bad and the ugly. You should all be able to debate without all this bullshit name calling and Ive been on here longer than you crap.....get a grip for gawds sake and grow up some of you....we are all Charlton or arent we?

We all clearly want whats best for this football club and after the last 4 years I think we are all clearly a little bit miffed with the state we are in.....from a rational viewpoint, my biggest problem is that we still seem to be making the same mistakes despite wholesale personnel changes on the playing front.....so either our tactics are suspect or perhaps our coaching is ineffective or maybe its a combination of all three...whatever happens, something has to give, otherwise results will continue to seemingly go from bad to worst and people will continue to vote with their feet...I said to Waggott last season...its easy to lose fans, but a damn sight harder to re-attract them once they find other things to do and get out of the habit of attending matches....so clearly, Parky, Breaker and Kinsella need to get their act together along with the players, otherwise we will have to rely on those who make the senior decisions to act in a decisive fashion...otherwise I really do fear for the club. Nutshell...for christs sake start learning from the mistakes in the last 4 years, the same old patterns seem to re-emerge time and again.

sanity amongst the madness. Good post
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]Where were you, where were you, where were you on Tuesday night.

Anyone who puts 'discuss' in a thread does not deserve an adult response

what a stupid fecking comment, we were fecking awful tuesday a bloody embarrassment, we got lucky and scraped a win
    I was there and was bored senseless.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]nasty run of fixtures coming.

Yep all 36 of them
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: pilchard[/cite]At the moment it is a case of 1 step forward and 1 back. In this League nobody has truly excelled- even Brighton have dropped 9 points from a possible 30 and we have managedto take half of the available points. Today's result is not good enough but we have also stolen 4 points from the jaws of draws in the County and Mk games, consistency us a problem for us but it seems to be a problem for all in the top half.
    A team has to grab the league by the balls and go for it we have the team to do it (along with 9 or so others) but we need to string some results together soon because at the moment it is far too patchy and before to long some of the better sides will start to break away.

That's very true but it the performances thats are the real worry. We just cant play well in both halfs.
  • Options
    ha ha
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]ha ha

You really should put your clothes back on Nolly...........
  • Options
    I don't think Parkinson is all that bad. Probably at least par for this division. Managers get too much praise when things go right and too much blame when they don't in my view.

Our problem is more systemic. It's been win or bust for the last five years and every season the dice don't roll for us we have to restructure/rebuild. We just don't get a chance to catch our breath. In this division particularly, having a settled side and system with everyone knowing their job seems critical to success. That may take a few seasons to get right and the worry is that failure this year will leave us with yet another financial crisis at the end of it and yet another new team to start the next season.
  • Options
    Bedsaddick old son, you're clearly spoiling for a ruck but I ain't rising.

I don't have any problems reading - but thanks for your concern - and I can't see where anybody has said that you're not entitled to have an opinion. It was the antagonistic tone of your initial post that I objected to originally, but then you telling people to go elsewhere hasn't really helped either.

Still, I'm glad that we can both agree with the opening sentiments of Tel's post so let's just leave it there - we've clearly all got the ump.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: 24 Red[/cite]I don't think Parkinson is all that bad. Probably at least par for this division. Managers get too much praise when things go right and too much blame when they don't in my view.

Our problem is more systemic. It's been win or bust for the last five years and every season the dice don't roll for us we have to restructure/rebuild. We just don't get a chance to catch our breath. In this division particularly, having a settled side and system with everyone knowing their job seems critical to success. That may take a few seasons to get right and the worry is that failure this year will leave us with yet another financial crisis at the end of it and yet another new team to start the next season.

Good post... we cant seem to get the break we need and its becasue of this reason i think...
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]Bedsaddick old son, you're clearly spoiling for a ruck but I ain't rising.

I don't have any problems reading - but thanks for your concern - and I can't see where anybody has said that you're not entitled to have an opinion. It was the antagonistic tone of your initial post that I objected to originally, but then you telling people to go elsewhere hasn't really helped either.

Still, I'm glad that we can both agree with the opening sentiments of Tel's post so let's just leave it there - we've clearly all got the ump.

yep youve right , we all have the ump and my original post was not meant to be antagonistic it was meant to stimulate debate except all i got was a kicking for it.
    I dont go down that easy i'm afraid.

Anyway we will leave it at that.
  • Options
    Good post Tel. Same old every week. Nothing is improving and it's only natural that patience is now wearing very thin. It also has to be said that our finances have become decidedly worse under Parky, because, to date, he has been a complete and utter failure in terms of taking the club forwards rather than backwards.
  • Options
    Transfers

Thing is at first glance at the above link practically every team in this league appears to have roughly the same amount of transfers in and out in the pre season and therefore all of the teams could be argued to be unsettled and needing time to gel.

Perhaps many other clubs didnt lose as many key players as us and I wouldnt know without knowing who their key players were but I was suprised to see how many of our rivals have had a similar and in some cases more transformation of their squads.
  • Options
    I read somewhere that Yeovil had 10 in and 8 out or something similiar, so Im hardly surprised really Rodney
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I put this in the post match thread but think it may be relevant for this.....

Just a quick point to the posters who want Parkinson out. I don't rate him personally and I'm not that clued up on the football/club situations these days etc. However, have people not clocked that in our current financial situation it is not viable to get rid of him. If the club's position is as bad as people are saying surely we cannot afford to pay his contract out? Then there is the other issue that very few potential managers would be interested in the position as the club has f*ck all funding?
  • Options
    Admin sort the swearing out on here its getting terrible.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: queensland_addick[/cite]Good post Tel. Same old every week. Nothing is improving and it's only natural that patience is now wearing very thin. It also has to be said that our finances have become decidedly worse under Parky, because, to date, he has been a complete and utter failure in terms of taking the club forwards rather than backwards.

Cheers mate, I hope things have improved over there...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]Thing is at first glance at the above link practically every team in this league appears to have roughly the same amount of transfers in and out in the pre season and therefore all of the teams could be argued to be unsettled and needing time to gel.

At a quick glance though it looks like we had more ins/outs than anyone else in the league and significantly more than many. And that list doesn't include Jonjo.

I guess there is always going to be a fair amount of turnover at a professional club - there was with us in the '90's but it was almost always about building a stronger squad then; now it's about saving the club.
  • Options
    In fairness that was toilet.

Parky out is being kind.
  • Options
    Parky seems to never learn from mistakes.

He has been sent off far too many times. There is no point sounding off against a ref during a match. If he does it again it will probably be four or more games. In any other industry it would be grounds for dismissal (and that would save on the pay off).

Team selection is often a mystery. I sometimes wonder if he sees the same game as the rest of us. He is too much of a tinkerman.
  • Options
    As a supporter of Parkie my views are on http://hilltovalley.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    This football club has been moving steadily backwards for every month that PP has been here. I can see only one solution now. I was all for giving him time but that has now changed. This team is utterly dreadful.
  • Options
    Is it any wonder people complain about cliques on this board with idiots like Dazzler bringing up how long people have posted, how is that relevant at all!?

I'd imagine if 90% of the posters on this board performed as 'well' as Parky did in their day to day jobs they'd find themselves down the job centre very, very quickly.
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]surely we cannot afford to pay his contract out?

If he was anywhere near as nice as many of his supporters make out, he'd walk for nothing.
    [cite]Posted By: PalaceHater[/cite]Then there is the other issue that very few potential managers would be interested in the position as the club has f*ck all funding?

Well we had 250k but that got spunked on Benson. That's what worries me most, how NLA could see the obvious flaws between ours and Bensons game, yet Parky couldnt and spent all summer and all out budget chasing him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]As a supporter of Parkie my views are onhttp://hilltovalley.blogspot.com/

Very good read - In a depressing sort of way!