Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Parkinson supporters - Justify that performance & result

124»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]We should get off his back, he is a really nice bloke!

nice guys dont always win ,he has lost the plot the players he has brought in aint good enough i think if things dont improve in the next 3 games i fear for him the fans aint happy me being one of em ,no pattern in our play ,no bottle ,no passion and no organisation all things we need to get out of this poxy league and at the moment i cant see it turning around , we can still get promoted because the rest of the teams in this league are awful but i feel someone with fresh ideas needs to come in .
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jayajosh[/cite]We should get off his back, he is a really nice bloke!

Tongue in cheek?
  • Options
    An anagram of Phil Parkinson is No Prankish Lip
  • Options
    An anagram of Floyd Montana is Moyd Flontana.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]An anagram of Floyd Montana is Moyd Flontana.
    A better one would be "Flat on Monday"
  • Options
    Stu of Hull or wherever

Is it any wonder people complain about cliques on this board with idiots like Dazzler bringing up how long people have posted, how is that relevant at all!?

I think you'll find I brought up how long Off it has been on here in comparison to the poster because he was told to go elsewhere! If the poster had intended to say post on another thread he should have said so, I fully believe his intention was to ask that Off it get off CLife.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Floyd Montana[/cite]An anagram of Phil Parkinson is No Prankish Lip

or ' No spark in Phil' ......sorry best I could do this late on a Sunday
  • Options
    Harp Pink Loins

or

Spinal Horn Kip ( good name for a band!)
  • Options
    You missed an obvious one there Beds - "Pink Lions Harp" - indicating he's an instrument of a certain Millwall fans' website. After the whole Agent Dowie and Agent Pardew thing, it's another conspiracy theory in the making.
  • Options
    jimmymelrose is right. Let's all bugger off and live in France and save ourselves a few quid watching crap week-in, week-out.

Until that happens I'll continue going every week and if it's crap I'll reserve the right to say so. If some people want to continue to be Parky sympathisers that too is their perogative. And what fan goes to support the Manager as you suggest? I go to support the team.

Until you have seen some of the performances in person, CATV player or whatever it is can be very deceptive, I can't take any criticism you make seriously.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Chrissy Powell Chrissy Powell Chrissy Powell!

Should get him in as a Coach at least , He is pure Charlton respected by the fans , and someone who maybe might be able to eject that extra something we are missing look at what he did with leicster on sat,,

On the parky issue

Always look on the bright side of life, Parky aint going anywhere, Love it or hate it, just gotta get behind the boys, even if we are playing like a bunch of donkey's

COYR!
  • Options
    In answer to the thread question, I have to say, I can't justify it.

There's no excuse for losing and Exeter and Brentford and not being able to beat Oldham and Dagenham at home.

I thought Parky could sort it out. I was wrong.
  • Options
    Justify why he can put a side out to beat MK dons but not beat a team we lost away to last year?

It's called football, and ours wont get any better unless these fans that only seem to shout when there's something to moan about start being less fickle. Not even 10 games in is it?!
  • Options
    Actually that was no.10
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I'm a Parkinson supporter but I can't justify that result and performance.

But I still support him because I'm a supporter.

We need more supporters giving support.

Without support everything crumbles.

I personally haven't been to a game this season.

You'll have to explain that one to me.

You don't go to the games, and yet you are a 'supporter'.

What exact form does your 'support' take then? I might give it a try.
  • Options
    I dont think its so much as people are Parkinson supporters its just that most people are actually realistic of our situation and that we are stuck with no money and no better options other than PP for the moment. It is what it is. Sadly.

Theres a lot of drivel written on here.
  • Options
    Depends if you include the cost of remaining in this division and the effect on support in the shorter and longer term how rational/realistic that perspective is, Curbs. The club found money for signing on fees and transfer fees and release fees, but it's arguable that the critical bit of expenditure was missed and that will cost the most.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dave Rudd[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: jimmymelrose[/cite]I'm a Parkinson supporter but I can't justify that result and performance.

But I still support him because I'm a supporter.

We need more supporters giving support.

Without support everything crumbles.

I personally haven't been to a game this season.

You'll have to explain that one to me.

You don't go to the games, and yet you are a 'supporter'.

What exact form does your 'support' take then? I might give it a try.

Selective edited quoting at its best there, although I do understand what you're getting at. I refer to myself as a supporter on the basis of my past support I suppose. I now only get to about 3 games a season. Some might argue that this doesn't qualify me as a supporter anymore which I shall take on the chin.

The point I'm trying to make is that going to the games does not make you a 'supporter' (except financially) if all you do is moan and groan. In the East Stand this is 90% of what you hear. I'm sure that the team would be better off without this 90% who no longer contribute in a positive vocal manner.

Therefore a person supporting the team vocally in just one match a season does more good than a moaning negative person who attends more often (financial help aside).
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I dont think its so much as people are Parkinson supporters its just that most people are actually realistic of our situation and that we are stuck with no money and no better options other than PP for the moment. It is what it is. Sadly.

Theres a lot of drivel written on here.
    bang on
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]dont think its so much as people are Parkinson supporters

I'm a Parkinson supporter, whilst I understand we aren't going to get much better with the money offered.

H/T team talk arguably changed the game today, and credit must be given to him for showing faith in Waggy, and deciding to replace Martin with Benson.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LSEBarnes[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Dazzler21[/cite]dont think its so much as people are Parkinson supporters

I'm a Parkinson supporter, whilst I understand we aren't going to get much better with the money offered.

H/T team talk arguably changed the game today, and credit must be given to him for showing faith in Waggy, and deciding to replace Martin with Benson.

You're right. I reckon Benson didn't actually touch the ball while he was on. And this is one reason why Reid's cross made its way to the far post ... where Wagstaff was on hand to hit the winner. This is why Wagstaff has scored a few. Because our forwards miss the crosses.

Brilliant.

Hats off to Parkinson.

That aside, I think we're all delighted with the win tonight.

But it was down to two things...

An inspired Kyel Reid ... and a woeful Milton Keynes.

Don't think for one minute that Parkinson has cracked it.
  • Options
    I said on another thread the reason I fooking dislike him is because he us so bloody likable

I want him to do well because you can see he is a good guy. I hold no such distain for him as some may think. And I am sure the timing to get shot of him is not correct.

Nothing would please me more than coming on here and saying I was wrong.

The thing is I am never wrong

Smiley wink thing
  • Options
    edited October 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]The thing is I am never wrong
    Not even about Lloyd Sam?

Smiley wink thing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]
    The thing is I am never wrong

How's the Betamax - still going strong?
    ;o)
  • Options
    defo not sam,hardly plays when he does only about 55 mins and leeds are hardly smashing up the top..........wink wink