Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

If your all going to Barnet clap your hands . . .

Comments

• Options
    Crickey last time i went to Barnet i think Primus was playing for us .. 1st time around ? might have been a preseason friendly? can't remember the year?
  • Options
    We will have the North East terrace, which holds 1260, and the away family stand holding 245 - total 1,505.

In addition, the North terrace which holds another 644, is being held back to see if demand warrants giving it to us.

Prices are OK.
  • Options
    Like Swindon last season, i have a feeling demand may surprise a little on the upside.
  • Options
    cant wait.
    is the north-east terrace the covered one?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Like Swindon last season, i have a feeling demand may surprise a little on the upside.

Unlike Northwich, then, when this board vastly overstated the interest . . .

However, the truth is that we don't know and no one knows, so we'll put in place a structure that reflects both the potential demand and the time constraints (and will no doubt be criticised from all sides and every possible perspective!).
  • Options
    The North East Terrace runs from the halfway line to the corner flag, covered. The seats are the other side of the corner flag, and the North terrace is the rest of the open area behind the goal.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Like Swindon last season, i have a feeling demand may surprise a little on the upside.

Unlike Northwich, then, when this board vastly overstated the interest . . .

....before it was announced it was live on telly on the Sunday !
  • Options
    I accept that Northwich being on TV put many people off travelling, but we continued to receive a lot of criticism that we hadn't had all the tickets sent to The Valley on the supposed basis that people might travel to Northwich and not get in because the away section was sold out. From recollection we could not post out because of the threat of Royal Mail strike action. In the event the actual turnout was derisory.

I honestly couldn't tell you if we will sell 2,000 plus tickets for Barnet and I don't think anyone else can - although we will all be wise with hindsight!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]im actually shocked about there's more hype over this game rather then the southend game, southend last year was clearly one of the best away days, pretty much sold out 2,500ish tickets for a friday night game, yet i've seen nothing much about it on here on anybody wanting to visit roots hall again before its closure.

That's because almost everyone took either the day or a half day off and got hammered. A friday night important league game will obviously be better attended than a game on a tuesday in a competition that no one really cares about unless we make the southern final or Wembley.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Home end

Already been once this season....well pre-season. The Northern Line journey seems to go on forever.

To be honest I don't think you'd have much trouble in the home areas, most of them sitting round us appeared to be on day release.

Not that I think we'll sell 2000.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited October 2010
    Can anyone who's been there before tell me if the terrace we'll be given is covered or uncovered?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]Can anyone who's been there before tell me if the terrace we'll be given is covered or uncovered?

Covered terrace down the side of the pitch. According to Airman's comments earlier, they have also set aside the uncovered terrace behind the goal to sell to us if demand justifies it but the bulk of our terrace tickets will be covered.
  • Options
    From OS:

"There are several links between Barnet and Charlton in the shape of academy youth product Grant Basey, who eventually signed for the Bees after leaving The Valley during the summer, and former Addicks youth coach and Gillingham manager Mark Stimson, now boss at Underhill."

They included a similar paragraph in the article immediately following the draw on Sunday. Neither piece contained any reference to McClown. Bit odd I thought, is it some new policy where any player who turns out to be rubbish is erased from our records?!
  • Options
    I asked about that the other day.

They said it's because they can see no reference to him on the Barnet OS in the player profiles and he hasn't been given a squad number so they weren't 100% sure he was still there.
  • Options
    clap
  • Options
    Definitely still there. Undergoing a rehabilitation programme according to this article from Saturday about the loan signing of Kevin Gallen.

http://www.barnetfc.com/page/LatestNews/0,,10431~2193461,00.html
  • Options
    clap clap.

no seats left though
  • Options
    997 sold as of tuesday afternoon according to the os
  • Options
    Clap clap.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    clapclap
  • Options
    clap for some reason looking forward to it
  • Options
    dont usually go to cup games but im really up for this one
  • Options
    Clap, ticket arrived today.
  • Options
    I see Barnet were smashed 3-0 at home by Stevenage tonight and are rock bottom of the entire football league. They've also won only 6 home games since November 2009. Looks like we're set for another cup exit then!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]Clap, ticket arrived today.

snap (clap)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I see Barnet were smashed 3-0 at home by Stevenage tonight and are rock bottom of the entire football league. They've also won only 6 home games since November 2009. Looks like we're set for another cup exit then!!

funny and also factual,
  • Options
    clap on behalf of an arsenal mate who has decided to come
  • Options
    bigfatepete.......bought mine and boys tickets....big clap!