Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Rob Elliot has taken a lot of critism in the past few weeks. Tonight he was brilliant.

Comments

• Options
    Twelve days ago Elliot was cack and Parky was inept...either a miracle has happened or some on here don't know what theyre talking about...
  • Options
    thought you left this site in a huff some time ago?
  • Options
    Nolly, go and have some Cornflakes...
  • Options
    Elliot is a young keeper who is maturing - he has had some gerat performances this year- remember Notts County - think we should be happy we have got a keeper of his calibre who i'm sure is going to get even better. Just needs to keep on top of his weight.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: windscreen[/cite]Nolly, go and have some Cornflakes...

zzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]Elliot is a young keeper who is maturing - he has had some gerat performances this year- remember Notts County - think we should be happy we have got a keeper of his calibre who i'm sure is going to get even better. Just needs to keep on top of his weight.

Spot on
  • Options
    Great love to see it when someone doesn't have a clue about what happened in a match, just tows dickhead dogma out and insists Elliot was still crap.

Erm seen as the Swindon fans seem to think first half he single handedly kept us in the match and there were great 3-4 Austin chances he saved, I'd put this down as Elliot being crucial in winning us the match. Our good patch first 1/3 of last season he was crucial at saves and winning matches. But hey we'll just forget that and come out with some dickhead dogma.

Well done Robbie.
  • Options
    Swindon had 2 chances first half.

he made one good save, think Swindon fans are clutching at straws

What he did yesterday he did well (apart from when he dropped a cross second half)

good performance
  • Options
    I know it's only the Sun but in today's paper it mentions that "West Ham will swoop for Rob Elliott in the January sales"
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I know it's only the Sun but in today's paper it mentions that "West Ham will swoop for Rob Elliott in the January sales"

If he continues to play well this season there is more then a slim we chance we could be in the same division next year. He's a Charlton fan, would he really want to leave to play second fiddle to Rob Green?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He's the "worst keeper in this league" and a "non-league" keeper.

Why would West Ham want him?

Irony is not the lowest form of wit by the way.
  • Options
    if west ham do come in for him we will see how much he really is charlton!
  • Options
    7 figure offer and they can have him.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sinking feesh[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]I know it's only the Sun but in today's paper it mentions that "West Ham will swoop for Rob Elliott in the January sales"

If he continues to play well this season there is more then a slim we chance we could be in the same division next year. He's a Charlton fan, would he really want to leave to play second fiddle to Rob Green?

Money talks.
  • Options
    i don't know how we've managed to keep him so far .......
    although i can have a guess
  • Options
    He's played well recently but before that Worner looked more impressive than him.

Rob has to be alot more consistent before he looks onto anything else.

Anyway this story has obviously just been printed because he had a good game vs Barnet and it was on SSN with Parky praising him
  • Options

If he's on say 5k a week here and they offered him 15k a week i think he'd be off. What does the team you support really matter at the end of the day? Jamie Carragher, Owen, Fowler and Ian Rush were all Everton supporters as kids.
  • Options
    If the club receives a decent offer for Robbie it will not matter what he wants, he'll be gone!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Chris_from_Sidcup[/cite]

If he's on say 5k a week here and they offered him 15k a week i think he'd be off. What does the team you support really matter at the end of the day? Jamie Carragher, Owen, Fowler and Ian Rush were all Everton supporters as kids.

The morals of a scouser...
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    As long as we don't get Rob Green in return lol.

Seriously, really do not want Robbie to go but if he does and we get a decent fee, would it be the end of the world? We would probably have enough money to buy someone just as good (liked the look of the Barnet keeper) or get a good loan (Luke Daniels, Alex McCarthy perhaps).

Edit: Barnet keeper- Jake Cole. I know they are nearly bottom but he was POY last season for them and they would be a lot worse off this season if it was not for Cole. Interesting what the Barnet fan who posted here thinks of him and how high he can play,
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited November 2010
    Interesting rumour and a bit out of left field. I like Robbie and think he's generally a pretty sound keeper, albeit with plenty of room for improvement. However, I wouldn't put him in the hang onto at all costs category so, if a decent offer were forthcoming in January, it would deserve serious consideration especially with our finances like they are. Goalkeeper would be one of the easier positions to fill seeing as there are a lot decent keepers sitting on benches up and down the country by virtue of the fact you can only ever play one at a time.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    If he were to go ( and i know its just a rumour ) what about a permanent deal for Fry in part exchange.

Its a real shame Randolph didn't stay because then I would have wanted us to cash in.

I think its unlikely though Wham have got four professional Goalies already unless Rob Green is also off in the window as well as Green they have Ruud Boffin ,Peter Kurucz and Marek Stech.

All of the other three are about the same age as Robbie and I don't think Elliott is ready to be a Prem no 1 yet
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]If he were to go ( and i know its just a rumour ) what about a permanent deal for Fry in part exchange.

Its a real shame Randolph didn't stay because then I would have wanted us to cash in.

I think its unlikely though Wham have got four professional Goalies already unless Rob Green is also off in the window as well as Green they have Ruud Boffin ,Peter Kurucz and Marek Stech.

I thought Ruud Boffin was a Science Professor with his flies undone!!
  • Options
    Robbie will shortly be in the hang onto at all costs category as he is getting better all the time.
  • Options
    This seems a stupid story as with West Hams position in the league, come January I am guessing buying a reserve keeper is nowhere near the list of priorities for them. There is no way they would buy Elliot to be Number 1 straight away.

Come the summer however, if they go down, Green will surely go so then they may look at Robbie to be competing realistically to be their Number 1.
  • Options
    good luck to him
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Rob Elliot might be saying he wants to stay at #cafc but told that towards end of last season said he wanted a move to Champ or Prem club...”

@RichCawleySLP: ...and that wage demands for new deal when there was no bid would not have looked out of place in Premier League.”

@RichCawleySLP: Perfectly his right to do that but sounds like Elliot has been very badly advised.”
  • Options
    I know players have agents to get the best deals for themselves but if he's asked for a wage that 'would not have looked out of place in Premier League' then it's hugely naive on RE's part, as he must know we wouldn't offer any sort of deal like that.
  • Options
    edited August 2011
    Don't believe a word of it. Rob knows the situation here and what wages we're paying. The only reason he'd ask for silly money is if he wanted out of the club and going by his tweets, he seems a bit devastated with it all. Certainly doesn't come across as a prima-dona.
  • Options
    Well maybe he's devestated about it because they've called his bluff and he's on his way out!