Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Rob Elliot

Comments

• Options
    I don't believe a word of it. He lost his place in the starting XI at the end of season and knew that money was coming in. No way would be looking to step up to the premiership.
  • Options
    @RichCawleySLP: Rob Elliot might be saying he wants to stay at #cafc but told that towards end of last season said he wanted a move to Champ or Prem club...” “@RichCawleySLP: ...and that wage demands for new deal when there was no bid would not have looked out of place in Premier League.” “@RichCawleySLP: Perfectly his right to do that but sounds like Elliot has been very badly advised.”
    No chance. All hearsay. He wants to stay at the club/ Powell doesn't fancy him.
  • Options
    Maybe he was expecting the club to say no but that they would negociate. Doubt he'd think we'd turn it down then instantly go and sign a new keeper. Who knows though, all speculation.
  • Options
    Contract talks would have happened before we signed Hamer. His signing was a result of those talks, but I really can't see wages being the reason he didn't sign.
  • Options
    Just speculation but it's got the whiff of Pardew about it
  • Options
    Well, if it's speculation or a rumour then Cawley shouldn't write it on a public tweet.
  • Options

Doubt he would have come out with it if he didn't have a source within the club.

I think as he says he's been badly advised by his agent. I wouldn't be surprised if he was on a fair bit of dough already judging by the motor he rolls around in so if he was asking for more and gave them an ultimatum pay me X amount or I'll run my contract down it looks like they've called his bluff.

• Options
    Well, if it's speculation or a rumour then Cawley shouldn't write it on a public tweet.
    and they shouldn't intercept voicemail or go through bins looking for clues...........

Welcome to the scum of journalism.
  • Options
    I'm assuming Richard Cawley has been fed this info from within the club, as basically they're saying blame his agent for forcing us to look elsewhere.

• Options
    If his agent did actually tell him to do this then he needs another agent!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

well hopefully we can cash in

ha ha

• Options

let's hope he doesn't start tweeting Churchill, Lincoln and Montgomery like Joey Barton!

• Options
    Bad poker skills by Elliot me thinks.
  • Options

Rich Cawley- the fountain of all knowledge that is Charlton Athletic...

We all know that Robbie is Charlton through and through. He MAY have asked for a wage increase (which I am sure that everyone does when their wage is being reviewed), but that does not mean that he would have accepted equal terms. We know that the club have offered reduced wages to a number of players (Semedo, Racon, Dailly). Therefore it is totally understandable that he was holding out for equal terms. The move for Hamer was came directly after the Millwall game, in my opinion.

• Options
    I find it hard to believe they would have tied up a deal for Hamer so soon after the Millwall game - they must have approached Reading and the player before the Millwall game
  • Options
    yeah proberly coz hughes said he was told before saturday so must be the same for hamer!
  • Options
    Has he left then?????
  • Options
    Playing for Newcastle v Brighton on ITV1, first competitive start since leaving CAFC I believe...
  • Options
    He has played in league cup and european games for them.
  • Options
    Good luck Robbie although I can't help thinking your career has completely stalled.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Rob who?

More than happy with the keeper we have got by comparison. Maybe Oohaah was right all along?
  • Options
    The team in front of him look absolutely dire. Newcastle could get relegated this year.
  • Options
    Watching some SPL highlights, Darren Randolph is excelling at Motherwell. Was always a tale of two keepers when they were around, as to who would stay and go. In hindsight I think we released the better keeper, but we've got a fantastic keeper now, so who cares.
  • Options
    but callum thats newcastles not even reserve side 3rd 11 more like!
  • Options

The team in front of him look absolutely dire. Newcastle could get relegated this year.

With BA gone im pretty sure the will be close to the drop

• Options
    Elliott is a local lad / Charlton fan. He didn't really want to leave and has been back as a fan. That's the only reason I care. I didn't rate him as a player when he was here.
  • Options
    Kazenga Lua-Lua, who just came on for Brighton is apparently Yann's Brother-in-law! Did not know that...
  • Options
    shine166 said:

With BA gone im pretty sure the will be close to the drop

What you talking about fool. The A Team will never be the same.

• Options
    Get hold of that big nose!
  • Options
    I sense another Pardew Payoff soon!