Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Results 19/12 CL Christmas Classic: 1st Sadiejane $95, 2nd Alexwright $57, 3rd Bedsaddick $38

Comments

• Options
    I think so.
  • Options
    we have had 1 sunday with no success so i personally think tuesday would be best, ok i forgot on the sunday but equally didnt seem to get many which was a shame

As i said i dont mind buy in, heads up comp i like very much!

think 14th could be a good shout

Adrian welcome do feel free to join, its all fun and not taken too serious. what i recommend is download the pokerstars software and see how you get on play some freerolls & freeplay and if you feel comfortable by the 14th then come join the fun would be a pleasure to have you on board

sorry lack of bumpage was away for the weekend hope all is well
  • Options
    I think we didnt get many for the sunday as it wasnt advertised that well this time. Quite a few said they didnt know. Tuesday is good for me as long as it's not Dec 14th.
  • Options
    oh shoot didnt realise, i dont mind sundays tbh but i did forget this last one
  • Options
    Eager to join next month (whatever the date chosen), I watched a nephew of mine play on Pokerstars yesterday.
    Got the impression my intellect had grasped enough to provide a decent challenge.
    Unfortunately, my nephew informed me that the recent gaming laws in France do not allow transfrontier gambling
    any more, and I live in Paris. My Hartlepool trip being still uncertain, even with a laptop and Wifi I can't commit myself
    for your game.
    So enjoy yourself while you can, cos I might make it next time and will ofcourse do my best to be a perfect kill-joy.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    14th is a non starter, Brentford away.
    7th Bromley ‘Back to the Valley’ Evening with Colin Walsh, Garry Nelson, John Bumstead and Steve Gritt
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: adrian[/cite]Eager to join next month (whatever the date chosen), I watched a nephew of mine play on Pokerstars yesterday.
    Got the impression my intellect had grasped enough to provide a decent challenge.
    Unfortunately, my nephew informed me that the recent gaming laws in France do not allow transfrontier gambling
    any more, and I live in Paris. My Hartlepool trip being still uncertain, even with a laptop and Wifi I can't commit myself
    for your game.
    So enjoy yourself while you can, cos I might make it next time and will ofcourse do my best to be a perfect kill-joy.

They actually have a french version of pokerstars now but they charge more in rake, doubt you will be able to play against our lot though with that which is a shame. dunno about ways around it i will change title date for millionth time ppl!
  • Options
    Sunday had potential to be big but for 2 reasons flopped firstly because of lack of advertising closer to the time, sticky 1 hour before was not good enough and secondly because it's members only, I know out of personal experience that because the site is so busy at the weekend if you just want to read sometimes you just don't bother logging in. I understand the problems of removing members' only however bare 2 things in mind firstly member only or not someone will still need to be looking at CL Forum to see the thread and secondly we don't really need to put password on thread (that could be in a separate members thread, entitled 'CL Poker Password') on game details in the thread that everyone reads we tell them how to obtain the password. I predict if members only was removed and someone keeps bumping at the weekend (or stickied) we would get a record turnout on a Sunday.
  • Options
    I agree, also is there a way to whisper all previous partisipants and advise them of a forthcoming event.
  • Options
    Its all gone quiet on this, when's it going to happen?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    no idea, people just annoyed at weather lol
  • Options
    What it needs is for someone to take the decision and get it set up. Poeple will play if they're free or miss out if they're busy.

As they said in Field of Dreams: "Build it and they will come"
  • Options
    Right apologise as no charlton over the weekend i have completely forgot about this, i did not want to just make a decision as so many if's and but's if you dont mind confirming date and time your welcome to arrange with tk, im still wanting to play and get this re-arranged but its like banging my head against the wall of late as not been easy this time

over to you peeps
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    8pm next tuesday is good for me.

i reckon we've had about 40 players in total over the last year, would be good to have a big field this time. i don't think the title is worth winning unless theres a minimum of 25 players anyway!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]8pm next tuesday is good for me.

i reckon we've had about 40 players in total over the last year, would be good to have a big field this time. i don't think the title is worth winning unless theres a minimum of 25 players anyway!

sounds good to me next tuesday 14th although wasnt we playing someone on that day?

yeah would be great if we can get 20+ but who knows like the weather
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    Brentford away on 14th JPT
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: sadiejane1981[/cite]Brentford away on 14th JPT

oh bum!
  • Options
    What about sunday The 19th ?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]What about sunday The 19th ?
    Yes that will do
  • Options
    yep fine by me
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    yep
  • Options
    Yep im free sunday 19th other then haircut :p

names down who can do looks positive
  • Options
    someone needs to dig out the threads for all previous tournaments and send whispers to each person that has previously played or expressed an interest with link to this tourney's thread. When official thread has been made. Any volunteers??
  • Options
    I personally am not going to do this

Anyone is more then welcome but tbh if people still read charlton life then anyone who has previously played should know. also you dont get notifications for whispers now so maybe pointless anyways
  • Options
    ok the tourney is set up for the 19th then. easy to change if you want me to and the i.d. is 339214428. see how it goes
  • Options
    Ok thank you tk i will defo register tonight and will try set up another thread with details as previously done

Game on!
  • Options
    Password please.
  • Options
    one more
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]ok the tourney is set up for the 19th then. easy to change if you want me to and the i.d. is 339214428. see how it goes

What's the password?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: ThreadKiller[/cite]ok the tourney is set up for the 19th then. easy to change if you want me to and the i.d. is 339214428. see how it goes

What's the password?

oops, sorry. it's - geeksquad