Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton 1 - 0 Barnet - Post match reaction

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
Scraped through, sounded like Robbie Elliot earned a few pats on the back tonight.

Comments

• Options
    That'll do. Another win, another clean sheet. Hopefully we'll get Luton in the next round.
  • Options
    good job Charlton! not pretty but way to get a win in the FA CUP! i still love this tourney even tho we suck at it!

A clean sheet from Charlton always keeps me happy! COYR
  • Options
    Parky being interviewed on CAFC Player.

Nothing suprising really, praising Elliot, admits we didn't play too well, but we're through.
  • Options
    Didnt go got this from a mate:
    crowd:4803, elliott 5 top saves , lucky to be 1-0, scraped through.
  • Options
    Woeful. Elliott was playing on his own for 20mins in the 2nd half. Abbott shocking. McCormack shocking. Dont remember us stringing 2-3 passes together very often. The classic Charlton FA Cup performance.
  • Options
    Just an aside.

Not many glamorous ties tonight but of the 11 Cup replays, we had the highest attendance.

Gald to keep the run going & another clean sheet.
  • Options
    Mmmm another 1-0 home win anyone else think our run of home results are a tad bizarre ?
  • Options
    you have to remember that we had a pacy game on sat so just happy to get through.. wud be nice to get past luton or corby next round....... then maybe Man utd away (i prefer arsenal as i have not been to their ground yet). bow out.. get some money and invest in a player or 2 for that promotion push
  • Options
    Wem Ber Lee!

Not sure who I would prefer out of Corby or Luton.
  • Options
    Jesus did we scraped through. Also to point out, Abbott's easy chance towards the end that could have made it 2-0, lost me £50. Arghhhhhhhh. Oh well, still the run continues :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so, whos next? fixture date?
  • Options
    A win is a win and although not the first choice side it's good to see some of the bench get some game time. It does highlight that behind that first choice starting XI there isn't a lot of quality.

Semedo has served his suspension, but on the negative side a few yellow cards have brought some of our defence closer to a suspension.
  • Options
    Parky reaction already on CAFC Player.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]A win is a win and although not the first choice side it's good to see some of the bench get some game time. It does highlight that behind that first choice starting XI there isn't a lot of quality.

Semedo has served his suspension, but on the negative side a few yellow cards have brought some of our defence closer to a suspension.

All well and good giving them game time. Unfortunately, they show no sign of stepping up and putting thr first XI under any pressure.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]Parky reaction already on CAFC Player.
    Fortune had stomach cramps, felt ill, wasn't right so Doherty came on.

Wagstaff had a recurrence of his dead leg.

Kyel Reid got cramp towards the end of the game.

Football League site says Matt Fry is on 4 yellow cards, so that's probably not including 1 tonight, banned Saturday then?
  • Options
    Robbie 'non league' Elliot did it again.

Started well enough but we looked like we were trying to get through in 2nd gear. We just about did it.

Another win and closer to the third round but that's it as far as positives.

Three defenders booked not good.

Shame we didn't have the comfort to play Herriott.

Before the suicide squad start Brighton couldn't beat working over two games and went to pens.
  • Options
    the run continues...

Charlton Athletic Football Club are rebuilding...

We are Charlton..
  • Options
    Elliot was amazing tonight, saved two one on one situations. He is on form!
  • Options
    reminded me of some of our eariler performances in the season...

not playing well, but managing to scrape through it.

Top marks for Elliot, we could of easily endured a bad defeat without him, MoM for me.
  • Options
    The history of the fa cup is littered with lower league teams not getting their just desserts against higher league opposition and tonight you can add barnet to that. Not bothered about the performance as I always thought we'd suffer a hangover from saturday. Just glad we're through. Rob elliott put in a true 10 out of 10 performance. He was the difference between us going through and having the weekend off. Are you watching ooh aah.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    It was a pretty dull game, from the charlton point of view anyway. We were very poor, missed semedo, and most players looked very tired.
  • Options
    Did enough but that 2nd half was garbage

If they continue like that they will shoot up league2

Fair play to barnet - most impressive
  • Options
    Elliott MOM. Dead atmosphere, 2nd and 3rd gear but we got a win and that's about it. Liveliest moment for supporters was getting the chance to boo McCleod.
  • Options
    Played bad, should've lost, but won. Into the next round. I'll take that.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Elliott MOM. Dead atmosphere, 2nd and 3rd gear but we got a win and that's about it. Liveliest moment for supporters was getting the chance to boo McCleod.

Did Eyesore Mcleod do anything of note this evening?
  • Options
    We are through and Id love to get a big draw in the 3rd Round ...

The League is and will always be our Bread and Butter, and this season is so importnat in terms of getting us up and stable...

Good run, good form..
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]Elliott MOM. Dead atmosphere, 2nd and 3rd gear but we got a win and that's about it. Liveliest moment for supporters was getting the chance to boo McCleod.[/quote]

Did Eyesore Mcleod do anything of note this evening?[/quote]

More than Abbott did !!!!!!!

woeful peformance from nos 2-10 and only players who can come out of this game with any credit are Elliott and Reid

what this shows are the following things:

1) we can go from the slick football of sat to sunday park football overnight
    2) leave just a couple of the regulars out and we go to peices
    3) Abbott is not up to League one standard
    4) Basey could get back into our back 4
  • Options
    God awful match but on past cup performances I didnt expect much more to be honest. Most importantly we won and are through. If barnet had equalised I think we would have stepped up and still pulled through, and if benson had started instead of Abbott then I truley believe we would have been atleast 3 or 4 up by half time.

Robbie was excellent 4/5 real top class saves, Spring and Daily were OK, Jacko good first half, doc looked assured when came on and Benson looked sharp and full of confidence and Reids goal was good and looked v good first half.

now the negatives,
    Abbott - Woeful off the pace no confidence doesnt appear to offer anything whatsoever - although i still would have kept him on for the 90 in the hope something came off for him, surely wont be anywhere near the first team (behind martin, sodje (not that I think he's the answer), reid and wagstaff for a start up top)
    Francis - back to his early season form
    Macca - Awful spent too much time on the ground or complaining, seemed way off pace
    Racon - way off the pace although we were humping it over his head all game, we all have our off days though
    General discipline of the squad, picked up alot of cards for complaining/petulance/bad language/stupid fouls

the reff was awful aswell - for both teams, didnt seem to understand advantage and kept booking anyone for bad language how he heard doc from 50/60 yeards away is beyond me, considering I was probably closer to him than the ref and I couldnt hear it! Or maybe it was for something else completely which I and everyone around me missed
  • Options
    Posting without reading so apologies for duplications.

Ooh ah's favourite player kept us in it and was man of the match by a street although Kyel Reid did produce an individual goal of real quality and pace which was the one highlight of an eminently forgettable match with no atmosphere other than that generated by two or three hundred Barnet fans.

Robbie didn't do the tunnel jump although I was probably the only person left in the ground to see it had he done so.

Our midfield was once again non-existent for large parts of the match but thanks to Robbie and Barnet's general ineptness we got the job done.

I hope Waggy's substitution was purely precautionary as for Forch he looked to be struggling to me after about 20 minutes or so.

Back to the league on Saturday.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Robbie 'non league' Elliot did it again.

Started well enough but we looked like we were trying to get through in 2nd gear. We just about did it.

Another win and closer to the third round but that's it as far as positives.

Three defenders booked not good.

Shame we didn't have the comfort to play Herriott.

Before the suicide squad start Brighton couldn't beat working over two games and went to pens.

Delighted that we are through, but what the hell has Woking vs Brighton got to do with us?

Port Vale stuffed Dartford.

And your point is ...?