Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton's Stewards

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
tonight i got threatened to be kicked out for sitting in an empty block (East A), and somebody else got kicked out for throwing bog roll. anyone else thinks this is ridiculous?

Comments

• Options
    Sitting where your not supposed to and throwing stuff on the pitch? No your question however is ridiculous!!!
  • Options
    haha i can see this thread getting nasty.
  • Options
    Dazzler please tell me you not being serious, & the toilet roll was only thrown at our on supporters in block A.
  • Options
    it may be bog standard humour, but you young lads are gonna have to wipe out this toilet roll malarky. Otherwise, one by one the stewards are going to simply flush you out.
  • Options
    LMAO if it didn't go on the pitch then that's fine, love afka's last comment LOL
  • Options
    i understand with the bog roll being lobbed however preventing vocal supporters from sitting in the same block to create any atmosphere really annoyed me tonight, we didn't create any trouble and didn't attend todays game for any troube we was simply there to back the team with a bit of vocal support and the stewards can't seem to understand that.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Maybe this could save the club money by collecting said bogroll and re-use it in the Directors Lounge lavs?

Get the Fans Forum onto it!
  • Options
    Tbf I missed the first couple of mins because of some twatty chavs in the wrong seats who refused to move

Sadly the stewards were nowhere to be seen when that started
    In answer to your question they are supposed to chuck you out for throwing things whether it's onto the pitch or at other fans. Doesn't matter if it's only a bog roll
    And the other blocks are closed for a reason so why sit there? There are probably health and safety rules about how many stewards we need for a block and if anything happened as a result of you being somewhere you shouldn't be the club could be liable for damages
    Extreme or jobsworth it may seem but they are there to keep order
  • Options
    A Block wasnt shut off as I had a ticket for it, 2nd half moved to the other end of th east as expected more of the play to be in their half, how wrong I was!!

The young lads in front were harmless, if any of them were over 15/16 i'd be suprised, all harmless fun and they were just trying to create some form of atmosphere, the lad who got chucked out was petty and slightly pathetic, a simple "pass the bog roll if anyone throws anything your gonna get chucked out" would have been more than enough, rather than him gettin chuckt out by what 5/6 stewards then 1 other steward warning all the lads they were being watched by camera with a real sarky smile your all on camera comment

Pathetic stewarding once again
  • Options
    I called a steward a few choice names tonight and he threatend to throw me out becuse I was chucking shit around.

I mean, if I can't give attitude, call a steward a "f**cking c**t" and chuck shit around at football then when can I do it? I'm gonna bitch and complain to someone. Anyone got any ideas who - or should I just post it up on some random message board?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]I called a steward a few choice names tonight and he threatend to throw me out becuse I was chucking shit around.

I mean, if I can't give attitude, call a steward a "f**cking c**t" and chuck shit around at football then when can I do it? I'm gonna bitch and complain to someone. Anyone got any ideas who - or should I just post it up on some random message board?

Sorry, why post this??

The young lads werent calling the stewards any names and certainly not swearing at them, well in the 1st half when I was there, dont know what happened during second as stated above i'd moved in the aticipation of more football being played at the other end
  • Options
    Sorry, why not?

Exageration for the sake of emphasis. People will moan about just about anything.
  • Options
    i see what was going on 1 bog roll thrown within a group of younger fans.

No need for anyone to get thrown out, simple answer would be come on lads you cant do that and take the bog roll.

Our stewards are always heavy handed, you never get a simple talking to warning someone, they come up 4-5 handed and your gone.

How many stewrds were there last night Jimmy Seed looked like 1 steward for every fan, i know there are rules and H&S that we have to go by, but i see far more stewards at ours than most other grounds i have visited.

No wonder we are skint
  • Options
    I saw a group of teenagers ( boys and girls) right at the edge of A block with toilet rolls but their only crime as far as i could see was their Chaviness.
  • Options
    the stewards in the black and yellow jackets are over the top and a bunch of nob heads...simple!!!!
  • Options
    The stewards in the black and yellow are the A Team.

I remember once last season a group of them coming up to me and asking me to put my can of red bull in the bin.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: leftbehind[/cite]Our stewards are always heavy handed, you never get a simple talking to warning someone, they come up 4-5 handed and your gone.
    [/quote]

saw two instances last season wherethe 'stewards' crossed in the line in what i think is acceptable. Both times came in midweek games where there were very few away fans so the 'hit squad' were deployed to the North Upper. Always reminds me of when a pub doesn't have in a trouble, sticks a few doorman on for the sake of it, and all of a sudden you start getting regular aggro.

one of the instances saw a 16/17yr old take umbrage with the way 6 or 7 stewards were taking him out. I was on the concourse going to get a drink with a couple of others when halfway down the stairway at the back of the concourse the lad was wrestled to the ground and 3 or 4 of the stewards piled into him. Proper roughhouse stuff, one of them had a grip round his throat while they wrestled him to the ground. He was then dragged further down out of sight. When i got my drink i was standing by one of the tellies when five mins later the hit squad come back up and started chatting the couple of other stewards standing by me. They were bouncing around all hyper, telling the other stewards they had just 'missed out on all the fun', 'should of seen so and so 'up him' etc. Bragging bullies. Someone else pointed out to one of them they were bang out of order, not only through the incident but boasting about in front of other fans. When the others realised what was happening they all shut up and dispersed into different directions, while the one collared did his best to play it down 'he likes to exaggerate and we play along with it' etc. All come about because the lad was standing at the back of the north upper by the drum and he didn't have a ticket for there.

Spoilt the game for me and i ended up leaving 10 mins into the 2nd half as i had the right hump. In hindsight i should of reported it, but its not really in my nature. I'm sure there are instances where people exaggerate stewards behaviour, and some of the force they use may in instances be necessary. But some (not all) are bullies in a pack mentality and i can see now why some away fans have had issues in the past few years.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I saw a group of teenagers ( boys and girls) right at the edge of A block with toilet rolls but their only crime as far as i could see was their Chaviness.

Thats enough
  • Options
    stewards = jobsworths, the only time in their, otherwise, sad, nothing lives they can pretend to be somebody.
  • Options
    erm, if they told the guy to stop throwing bog roll around and he stopped and learnt his lesson that would be fine. but to be honest, they'd all rather just watch the game or stand still and not have to bother approaching groups of lads who are mucking about.

i mean. would you throw your own bog roll around in your own home or somewhere else where you had to clear it up? probably not. and he stopped. would he be reminded never to do it again.
    a lesson has been learnt by the group that throwing around loo roll wont be tolerated so they wont have to waste their time and yours asking people to stop doing it in the future.

this is why when people get cautions for doing something wrong, they never take it seriously because they know they could probably get away with it again. chucking him out - he probably wont throw any again. maybe they should have kept him behind after the game so he cleared up the stadium and realised what a pest he was being by doing it.

did he buy the bog roll and bring it in to the ground with the sole purpose of throwing it at his own fans? or did he infact take it from the toilets at the ground? either way, immature and pointless thing to do. did throwing the loo roll create an atmosphere? erm. no.

can't actually believe you're moaning about it. and I can't actually believe i've just written all that to explain why it was probably done as you couldn't work it out for yourself why he was taken out.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Bedsaddick[/cite]I saw a group of teenagers ( boys and girls) right at the edge of A block with toilet rolls but their only crime as far as i could see was their Chaviness.

Why call them chavs? Are you a better person then them? are they beneath you??
  • Options
    I put bog roll up for christmas, rammadan, eid and the summer solstice.
  • Options
    just because your young and with a group of freinds does that make you a chav??
  • Options
    The younger fans are always targeted on this site.
    Always have been.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    no wonder why we get called trainspotters.
  • Options
    not sure what its got to do with trains.
  • Options
    only at charlton
  • Options
    WSSWSS
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]The younger fans are always targeted on this site.
    Always have been.
    Targeted by who and for what? I think you're misguided. There are plenty of "grown-ups" who get an equal bashing on here!
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]only at charlton

naah, you're wrong. you get people that think they can behave whichever way they like at any ground. We're not exclusive.

I used to do things when i was younger that thought they were amusing and for the good of entertainment, but looking back realise that they were just silly awkward behaviour for the sake of it not thinking about how they could affect other people. You'll probably realise the same in time and appreciate that the stewards are just doing what they're told to do and try to keep any disruption for other fans to a minimum.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]The younger fans are always targeted on this site.
    Always have been.
    Targeted by who and for what? I think you're misguided. There are plenty of "grown-ups" who get an equal bashing on here!
    Check out the Southend thread. There are a few posters who always have a go at the younger fans, similar to how people have complained about teenagers for the last 60 years.