Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Charlton's Stewards

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: CafcAndy[/cite]Ban flasks before the bog roll.

Compulsory flasks AND compulsory bog roll.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Some of you just don't understand the importance of the bog roll.

It's called passion.

Whenever I'm engaged in anything passionate, I always make sure I've some toilet roll to hand. ..

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
  • Options
    I think i'll start looking forward to us losing again so we can go back to moaning about Parky and the team rather than our own supporters.
  • Options
    If toilet roll is banned can the younguns bring inflatables or wooden rattles instead?

Can us olduns watch in black and white?
  • Options
    I think the noise of the old wooden rattles would literally drive some people on here to murder. Or a good moan anyway.
  • Options
    love to see bedsaddicks clobber got a feeling he's partial to a pair of hi-tec squash
  • Options
    I know, I know, I'm severely old and moany and out of touch with all things yoof, but why was I searched for deodorant cans at Barnet and why had some of our yoof taken them to the game and had them confiscated? And which brand should I carry in the future?
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]And which brand should I carry in the future?

Lynx Africa
  • Options
    old spice
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stilladdicted[/cite]And which brand should I carry in the future?

Lynx Africa

Was Oriental when i was a boy.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Leftbehind the only person on here speaking sense.

Afka has gone nutty and people should be talking to those close to him.

comparing going to football to behaviour at home my good god football has changed for the worse with thoughts like that
  • Options
    I went to a game in Brazil a couple of years ago where everyone was sitting where they wanted on terraces, venders came round with beer & food and massive flags were on display everywhere. You watch foreign games where massive banners are unveiled and flares are let off. Displays like this add to the atmosphere and make fans part of the spectical. I'm not suggesting that a couple of kids throwing a bog roll around is on the same level, but if they are just throwing it between each other i don't see what the problem is.

Again, like the Southend thread, it is what experience you want going to a game. To be honest, i wouldn't have wanted to be sitting in the middle of them with the bog roll sailing round my head, but if they want to do it between themselves then i don't see what the harm.

I think the argument of doing it in your own home is flawed because there is a lot you do inside a football ground you wouldn't do anywhwere else, but isn't that a large part of why we go there?
  • Options
    round and round and round we go, when it stops nobody knows!?
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Leftbehind the only person on here speaking sense.

comparing going to football to behaviour at home my good god football has changed for the worse with thoughts like that[/quote]

Thank you not like me to talk sense LOL
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Leftbehind the only person on here speaking sense.

comparing going to football to behaviour at home my good god football has changed for the worse with thoughts like that

it was using an example to explain how to look at the bigger picture. if you can't see that then i can't be arsed to explain.
    lets hope you never have to work as a cleaner or steward anywhere and have to clear up mess/ deal with people that are 'mucking about and having a laugh' to the detrimate of what you're trying to do.

how you can not see that throwing loo roll around in an empty football stadium does absolutely nothing for the team, the crowd or anyone apart from the small group of individuals that did it?
  • Options
    Those complaining about it are the ones who are an embarrassment to our club. And these are the people who are destroying the old passion and excitment of going to the football .
    Its harmless.
    Get over it.

And in all honesty.
    This will only lead to more bog roll being thrown about in the future.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Those complaining about it are the ones who are an embarrassment to our club. And these are the people who are destroying the old passion and excitment of going to the football.
    No idea, but I'd suggest its those people who played an extremely big part in us even having a club to watch.
  • Options
    ignore, someones fishing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: suzisausage[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: JimboCAFC[/cite]i really doubt other supporters of other teams moan about their younger supporters throwing soft harmless objects at each other for a laugh.

we have no idea what other clubs supporters moan about as we dont spend all our time on other fans message boards, but from the few i glance at I've noticed that they moan about anything and everything as well. all clubs are the same.

maybe the stewards are trying to prevent the club having to deal with complaints from fans after the event as they can't identify and stop the culprit afterwards.

for example, all you need is one person to get their glasses knocked off by a soft object, which then they fall on the floor and break and you can see it becomes a different story.

yep, I'd go fecking mad if that happened to my Oakley's.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]Those complaining about it are the ones who are an embarrassment to our club. And these are the people who are destroying the old passion and excitment of going to the football .
    Its harmless.
    Get over it.

And in all honesty.
    This will only lead to more bog roll being thrown about in the future.

yeah, cos i reckon loads of people reading this website will have thought: "i never thought of throwing loo roll as a way to heighten my enjoyment of this football fixture. I'll go and nick some from the bog and start passing it around to my mates. wahey"

someone hit the nail on the head earlier saying that they see it as harmless but wouldnt like to be caught in the middle of it. surely the stewards are protecting the people who dont want to be caught in the middle of it. are they to ask every supporter "do you mind if this loo roll is lobbed over your head?"

just get on with watching the game ffs.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I used to throw many a Co-op till roll from the covered end onto the pitch throughout the early 80s, when I were a lad like. Penalities were my particular speciality and took great pride in seeing my paper stream on MOTD. Before the days of H&S madness of course!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: WSS[/cite] No idea, but I'd suggest its those people who played an extremely big part in us even having a club to watch.

You played the Charlton Athletic top trump card…

Oh and for the record, I was stood in Block B opposite the lads (and ladies) being discussed here and they really were doing nothing wrong, we were shocked when the guy was thrown out. I think Stewards are exactly the same as bouncers, the main perk of their role is getting aggro – they love it – and when there is none (for instance at a low key, poorly attended FA Cup first round replay) they will go and create some themselves. For instance throwing a teenager out because he and his mates threw a bit of toilet paper at each other in jest.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    You're right my mate is a bouncer sorry steward at London prem club and i tell you what she nigh on salivates on a Friday night at the thought of crunching a few heads.

she's top dog now as even been given a head piece so she can get the rest of the bouncers round quickly so they can all steam in Loves it she does.
  • Options
    can i have her number
  • Options
    If people didn't moan about the bog roll being thrown about at Southend, then they wouldn't have bothered doing the same against Barnet. Like most youngsters the more you get the hump and tell them not to do something the more they will do it. The other point is they moved to block A where there was no one else and threw the role amongst each other there, they didn't intend to hurt anyone or get in anyone's way.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]can i have her number

Not sure its safe, some on here have met and might advise against.
  • Options
    Clubs get charged if any "missiles" land on the pitch, soft or not.
  • Options
    they didn't land on the pitch. simple as.
  • Options
    she sounds attractive curb_it
  • Options
    When you open something or somewhere and you openly advocate having young people there then you will get mess . You don't need to explain that some people go to football with their mates to fuk about. Just because u don't doesn't mean they are doing wrong if they were throwing something on the pitch At other fans who weren't involved in their fun then you could say they were annoying others so rightly he was removed. To argue that others have to clean up that mess is silly.