Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Emmas Commentary.

edited November 2010 in General Charlton
I posted on the match thread but its shut now.How about a cd of her commentaries ala David Seamans goalie blunders dvd.She is wasted as she so poor its really funny!! Incase she gets stroppy give her a cut.What do you think?

Comments

• Options
    Yeah, she's not the best, but then it probably wouldn't go so noticed if she were a man.
  • Options
    Emma, and the other commentators are supposed to be the eyes of those who can't be there, and describe the action, most especially the crucial action as it happens. They simply don't do that, when we score, or concede, I am never sure what has actually happened.
    Glad I was there today.
  • Options
    That woman steals a living she needs to concentrate on the game. Not Jon fortunes bloody DIY habits . I turned her off and the yeovil blokes on. Last week I had the pboro commentry
  • Options
    Who employs her / pays her to do it ?
  • Options
    BBC Radio London, i believe.

I'm sure they didn't drag her off the street, or out of a nail salon, but you never know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Yeah, she's not the best, but then it probably wouldn't go so noticed if she were a man.

Plenty of male commentators get slated, she happens to be doing our games, so will come under extra scrutiny.

Bottom line is, not even stating a goal has been scored is not good enough.
  • Options
    Ash Im not being sexist I compared it to a bloke dvd.think there is money to be made in that,for Charlton or for charity.
  • Options
    Its not that she's a woman. Switch over to the other team's commentary and all of a sudden you can visualise what's happening.

She's utterly dire. I cant believe she's BBC.
  • Options
    Moaning about here won't change things then - who is the person in charge at BBC London ?
  • Options
    Her Managing editor is David Robey , although she probably reports to the sports editor. ( it used to be Pete Stevens) Tel: 020 7765 2667.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    You can send a complaint E mail on the BBC website.I did it last season they told me i was not the only one to point out the weakness of her commentary and the matter was in for discussion with thier producers, I heard no more and at the beginning of this season thought they had moved her , but sadly she is back?
  • Options
    Is she hot?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Stu of HU5[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]

Bottom line is, not even stating a goal has been scored is not good enough.

This is absolutely right. I can put up with some of her drivel but not with being unsure if the ball actually went into the net or not. It was a joke.

Generally her commentary is going to watch Charlton with a friend who's not really interested in the match. They may be talking about people on the train, DIY, the referee's microphone etc but at least you can watch the match and know what's going on. She though is supposed to be telling us what's going on.

She is the listener's eyes and ears. It's like a blind man being led by a monkey.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    I bet she talks about her shopping when she gets laid.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Waste of time then.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    The person i feel sorry for is the guy who sits with her (sorry, can't recall his name). He tries to be informative regarding whats going on but she constantly cuts him down to babble her twaddle. And it's not just her. The guy who was doing it earlier in the season wasn't much better. Always rambling on about "whats going on elsewhere", talking about the good old days or the latest gossip regarding charlton. They don't seem to realise that the reason we tune in is to listen to whats actually happening on the pitch right now, not 10 yrs ago.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: AshTray[/cite]Yeah, she's not the best, but then it probably wouldn't go so noticed if she were a man.
    of course it would be noted. Her commentary is slow and she confuses players too often.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Her commentary is truly awful. For two of the goals today I didn't realise they'd actually gone in until about ten seconds later as she was just repeating what had happened in the build-up neglecting to mention that someone had SCORED A CHUFFING GOAL. I know we're league one etc, but the blokes on Radio Kent that commentate on non-league are better than her. Can't we just nab one of them?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: SaoPauloAddick[/cite]Google bbc london emma jones.

Oh good God.

Emma Jones

"Emma Jones became a journalist when she realised she wasn't clever enough to be a doctor"
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Has..................anyone.....................else.................noticed....................how .......................she..........................puts..........................long...............................pauses.......................between...............................each.........................word?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I thought she had improved this season. Perhaps ive just got used to her.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    How on earth do you insert a picture?
    Offer it up as a "would ya?"
    It would be interesting to get different opinions as the night wears on.
  • Options
    what an unnecessary nasty post melrose. Cos your a right stunner yourself. horrible.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    emma_jones_203x152.jpg
  • Options
    and you dazzler.
  • Options
    You right click the image and copy it's image location or copy the adress from the adress bar if it's just the image on. Then adress of image and change it to BBC code when posting.
  • Options
    Some of the comment on this thread beggar belief, wouldn't have this stuff if it was a male commentator
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]what an unnecessary nasty post melrose. Cos your a right stunner yourself. horrible.

Nasty - yes perhaps

Unnecessary - no.

I pay for football commentary not for her to have a chat about some other load of old drivel. I'm fed up with her.
  • Options
    edited November 2010
    Shame................she...........hasn't.............got...........the...........voice...........for.............it.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Some of the comment on this thread beggar belief, wouldn't have this stuff if it was a male commentator

Not true. If I paid for commentary and got some bloke waffling on about something else then we'd be slagging him off.

Curb It & Rothko: do you actually listen to her every week?