Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Emmas Commentary.

12346»

Comments

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]I think women commentators are pretty rubbish, and it is because they are women. True, there are some poor male commentators, but there are no good female commentators. This may be down to conditioning, but I think it is to do with the frequency of the voice. The male voice, being deeper, creates space and pulls you into the sense of an unfolding drama. Women, on the other hand, have not perfected the art of creating an aural space. Therein is the problem.
    That - right there - is utter bollocks. Congratulations on winning the stupidest post of the year award before we're even out of January
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Double post - bloody mobiles!
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]
    [cite aria-level=0 aria-posinset=0 aria-setsize=0]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]I think women commentators are pretty rubbish, and it is because they are women. True, there are some poor male commentators, but there are no good female commentators. This may be down to conditioning, but I think it is to do with the frequency of the voice. The male voice, being deeper, creates space and pulls you into the sense of an unfolding drama. Women, on the other hand, have not perfected the art of creating an aural space. Therein is the problem.
    That - right there - is utter bollocks. Congratulations on winning the stupidest post of the year award before we're even out of January

Only your opinion, and it doesn't mean much to me, I'm afraid.Call it stupid if you like. You don't add anything to support your view.
  • Options
    I don't need to add anything. Your post was ignorant, sexist tripe. Mine was reasoned argument. You fail.
  • Options
    I don't need to add anything. Your post was ignorant, sexist tripe. Mine was reasoned argument. You fail.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]Oatley is definitely a better match reporter than dear ol' Emma or Lizzie Greenwood-Palacefan - but her commentary is awful. It's a shame, but none of the female commentators are even close to being good at their jobs. As said before, it's nothing to do with their sex.

So, you put it down to...? Ah, no, you can't can you?

Terry Gibson and Brian Marwood are shit commentators as well - just as bad as Oatley.

Ah, so, you pick out a couple of random 'as bad as' commentators to prove your point. Except, by doing so you have neglected all the good male commentators.

But, no, you're not a PC friendly guy, heaven forbid! So, it must be that the BBC are being 'provocative' - they shunned the good female commentators for crap ones!

The BBC are being deliberately provocative by continually using the three 'highest profile' female commentators - it gets people talking and, as posted above, since there's no chance they would ever give any of them an 'important' (i.e. 'Big' four) game and they don't give a shit about the fans of FL clubs, they're using it as an excuse to create a talking-point. As usual, its the fans who suffer.

Yes, we suffer, terribly...

They wouldn't give them an important game because they know they are shit. Best of a bad bunch in PC world. If the BBC really wanted to provoke, wouldn't a gay presenter be better? I mean, where is the voice of gay people in football? Um, very silent. No, BBC is an old aunt - she is not provacative in any shape or form, sorry
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Leroy Ambrose[/cite]it's nothing to do with their sex.

I think it is actually. The Beeb love their polictical correctness and will fill their posts with people depending on their sex, race or disability just to show us that they're not a bunch of bigots. The big problem is that those they employ are simply rubbish at their jobs. A prime example of this in my eyes is Garth Crooks. Does anyone actually think he'd be classed as a competent sports journalist if he wasn't black?

Sex and race shouldn't be an issue, and with the vast majority of us it isn't. I don't care if the person giving me information is a black crippled lesbian dwarf, as long as they're competent at their job then thats absolutely fine with me. The Beeb sucks!!!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: chablis addick[/cite]If the BBC really wanted to provoke, wouldn't a gay presenter be better? I mean, where is the voice of gay people in football? Um, very silent.

I thought that bloke Clem from the Football League Show is gay ?

It doesn't matter to me whether he is or not, by the way.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Don't mean to be sexist, but... female commentators are shite, fact.
  • Options
    Sorry Curb It. I tried.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Point of order...the Sheff Wed duo yesterday (male) were as bad as Emma+anybody, and as bad as some other male commentators we have had (there was a man plus Terry Smith earlier this season) both rambled on while the game continued behind them and we were tantalised by the crowd noise. There are bad of both sexes, but I have to say that Emma is never good!
    I have posted a million times about the role of the commentator, and yet stick a microphone in front of somebody and all reason goes out of the window...the Charlton Live radio show very much teeters on the brink of that too...thinking the listeners are really fascinated by the in-jokes, and in-experiences of the presenters rather than getting down to matters in hand.
    To repeat, yesterday there were blokes as bad as Emma.
  • Options
    I thought Emma had been promoted . When we played Brighton she was at the Bridge giving updates on Chelsea.