Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

+++2010/11 Takeover complete - Owners unknown, Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez fronting+++

Comments

• Options
    Thought he came across very well on Sky Sports News
  • Options
    GOOD WORDS ON SKY SPORTS NEWS - IF HE WALKS THE WALK ASWELL AS HE TALKS THE TALK ! THINGS ARE ON THE UP.
  • Options
    Not sure what people were expecting. Sounds as though they are here to stabilise and move forward in a well organised manner rather than just throwing millions and millions on nothing
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jobbers[/cite]Thought he came across very well on Sky Sports News

Me too
  • Options
    Deal was worth £50m apparently...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]Deal was worth £50m apparently...
    Sure you're not reading about the attempt a couple of years ago?
  • Options
    any way people without SSN or CAFC player to see this interview?
  • Options
    The "Swiss Link" is nothing more than a vehicle for recording the name of the new company for tax purposes. We won't be getting free bars of Toblerone.
  • Options
    Impressed by MS. Down to earth, no wild promises but looking to go forward.
  • Options
    Mr. Slater sounded measured and reasoned to me.
    How it is going to pan out will become clear in the coming months....
    Just glad the club is now currently "safe" in uncertain times for the time being. :-)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: tebbuttjack[/cite]GOOD WORDS ON SKY SPORTS NEWS - IF HE WALKS THE WALK ASWELL AS HE TALKS THE TALK ! THINGS ARE ON THE UP.

people want him to walk already ;o)
  • Options
    what would we do with millions in L1 anyway!!?

the way forward is to try increase the wagebill and attract players like Brighton have done.

Im happy that this guy seems to know what footballs about at a lower level and isnt some arab who hasnt got a scooby.
  • Options
    Michael-Slater.jpg
  • Options
    Seems to know what he wants, honest and realistic, looks like there will be at least some funds in January as well.
  • Options
    Anyone know if the Blue Star companies associated with Michael Slater, are linked to the former sponsors of Newcastle United ?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: Scoham[/cite]

I've just received a e-mail from a friend, who may or may not be in the loop.

He thinks that there is Dubai money in the background, and that Jimenez and Michael Slater are merely the front men.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

He thinks that there is Dubai money in the background, and that Jimenez and Michael Slater are merely the front men.

I could well believe this
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: No.1 in South London[/cite]Anyone know if the Blue Star companies associated with Michael Slater, are linked to the former sponsors of Newcastle United ?
    Was Bluestar not the company involved in the film Wall Street?!
  • Options
    Might change my name to Michael_Slaters_Quiff
  • Options
    http://www.firstrow.net/watch/11124/1/watch-skysports-news-live.html

Download Veetle; you'll enjoy this if you don't usually have SSN. At the moment it's not on our takeover but it'll probably come round again. Yaaay.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    so looks like we are stuck with Parky then ;-)

Having not seen the interview on SSN it's difficult to form an opinion as the report on the OS is all waffle about Slater's previous. Seems like it's good news though.
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    i think its a great deal looking forward to the season now and im sure jimenez and slater will push us onwards and in the future when wise comes in im up for that. good the richard murray stays involved
  • Options
    WSS - that was my first reaction too...

A good batsman in his day - Test average of 43 and that was in the day when if you averaged 43 you were a very good batsman.
  • Options
    I like the fact he sounds responsible like Murray "we will always live within our means", so doesn't sound like we'll go mad and do a Pompey. Also I think I would feel immoral if we achieved anything off the back of chucking millions of some Arab's oil money about
  • Options
    Didn't Slater say that they would have to discuss things with the new owners?
  • Options
    edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]

It does read like they're front men to me
  • Options
    Isn't Slater a mate of Derek Trotter
  • Options
    Could be true. Play down the .ot spending millions so we arent quoted loads for purchasing players!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Harry Gregory[/cite]Didn't Slater say that they would have to discuss things with the new owners?

He did
  • Options
    Imo they are here to steady the ship & get us on the up slowly but steadily. We are potentially attractive to big buyers but not while were in this poxy little league. If they get us on the up into the champ then some time down the line into the prem with the setup we have i.e location, stadium, training facilities they could possibly make a bit of money from buyers with bigger funds. They are business men after all