Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++2010/11 Takeover complete - Owners unknown, Michael Slater and Tony Jimenez fronting+++

Comments

• so Slater and Jiminez are the front-men for an as yet identified third party. They have paid nothing for the Club but are responsible for the debt. Sounds like the Murray 'takeover'.
  • [cite]Posted By: raymondao[/cite]he actuall said its a thrill to be involved with a football club, shouldn't he have said "own" a club ?

This is the $64million question...

Is his reference to "being involved with" and "buying into" the club reference to his partnership with Jimenez

Or... is it reference to an outside entity?

And how long before we know?
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: ISawLeaburnScore[/cite]

And how long before we know?

It's a Swiss company so I doubt we will ever know if they don't want us to. This is worrying me, but I shall stay positive until I have reason not to be...
  • And how long before we know?

We need someone to ask them a few simple questions - are you using your money? If not are you representing an investor - and who? Or have you borrowed the finance against future income and/or mortgaged the club to the hilt with a series of PIK loans?
  • From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Tony Jimenez (born 1962 in Brixton) is a London-based property developer and former Vice President (Player Recruitment) for Newcastle United. He is a millionaire because of a series of property developments, which have included hotels and golf courses in Spain and Dubai.[1]

Jimenez is friend of former Tottenham boss Juande Ramos and Mike Ashley's friend Paul Kemsley and has extensive contacts in the game through property deals. He is not an agent but is well respected for his football knowledge.[2] Jimenez has a reputation as a Mr Fixit, having played a significant role in Tottenham’s capture of Juande Ramos.[3]

which sudgests he is a front for the real owners doesnt it ?
  • [cite]Posted By: thewolfboy[/cite]There used to be an asset stripper called Slater. It's not him is it?
    Anyway he presented well on SSN.

That was in the 1970's. Slater Walker were asset strippers
  • He's done well with this modest business - no obvious big time money but I'm still digging.

WITH a fleet of 7,500 vehicles Reflex
    Vehicle Solutions operates a flexible hire
    service from depots in Stockton-on-Tees,
    London, Dublin and Didcot in
    Oxfordshire. Customers, who can add
    their own liveries to the vehicles, include
    local authorities, parcel couriers, Network
    Rail and civil engineers. Reflex also offers
    maintenance through 2,500 service
    outlets. Michael Slater, chairman, has
    overseen profits motoring ahead 47% a
    year from £1.3m in 2005 to £4.1m in 2008.
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite]so Slater and Jiminez are the front-men for an as yet identified third party. They have paid nothing for the Club but are responsible for the debt. Sounds like the Murray 'takeover'.

to be accurate MS said a "nominal" amount not nothing. Murray bought the Club and ground for £2 so I imagine the fee was something similar but CAFC holdings now has responsibility for the £8m of mortgage, the £4-5m deficit this season plus the long term £7-8m repayable to the bond holders if/when we get back to the premiership.

That the new owners (whoever they are) have paid very little is very good IMHO. It means more to spend on players/scoreboards/new stands.
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]And how long before we know?

We need someone to ask them a few simple questions - are you using your money? If not are you representing an investor - and who? Or have you borrowed the finance against future income and/or mortgaged the club to the hilt with a series of PIK loans?

Ask away - I have a feeling they won't answer.
  • hardly abromovic !!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Interview with Murray on SSN seemed quite positive, saying they met all the criteria he was looking for in an interest in football, financial stability and a vision for the future in the club (mentioning location and the Olympics)
  • What sort of money are the new owners worth?.
  • [cite]Posted By: hudson-son-son[/cite]Interview with Murray on SSN seemed quite positive, saying they met all the criteria he was looking for in an interest in football, financial stability and a vision for the future in the club (mentioning location and the Olympics)

and let's not forget the investment in the Thames Gateway !! Been trotting that one out for years. Can't see the Olympics making a difference unless we are renting The Valley out for holiday lets in 2012.
  • edited December 2010
    Very good news indeed. Perhaps now we can get that damn scoreboard replaced!
  • The secrecy continues.... We're still none the wiser with who's going to fund it all, if there's a third party, and how much they've got....?
  • [cite]Posted By: COOPS[/cite]Very good news indeed. Perhaps now we can get that damn scoreboard replaced!

Feck the scoreboard (for the moment) - let's spend the money, assuming there is any, on getting promoted.
  • allez, re. the switzerland involvement... i quite agree! My "and when will we know" was an allusion to what might be a perpetual situation
  • I think it all sounds very promising. Thought there might be some idiots on here complaining about it but shocked that there actually are!
  • Been over an hour now since this was announced and I am still trying unsuccesssfully to feel any sense of euphoria ..................................... not knowing who now owns the club outweighs all the positive sound bites and the plus that PV is back involved. So until the mist clears, I'll continue to pessimistically ponder wheather it's Sainsbury, Dubai ot Trotters Inndependent Traders who control the destiny of my club...........................
  • Cautiously pleased. Peter Varney involved and RM still there.

People closer to the club have told me that we had to get a deal done this season. So any reservations we have must be set against that reality.

The good thing is that with Murray and Varney around we have the chance to get some answers, understanding and reassurance, because theyknow whoweare. Completely new owners would not know us at all, and be unlikely to tell us anything.

In the short term the very best news is that Parky may have at least some possibility to strengthen in the Jan window. Frankly, that was the most I was hoping for. Actually the even better news is that in doing so, he will not be "assisted" by Dennis Wise.
  • Sponsored links:

• look after all the hype a excitement you need to look at it in a sensible way

1. we are no where near admin

2. we are no where near admin

3. we are no where near admin

no the sensible bit is out of the way

we are now able to get new players but if you go around spouting we are in the hands of billionares then players get over hyped and pried and we will end up with a squad of has beens on money they are not worth that have very little resale value.

everything that has been said is positive.

stop looking for the doom and gloom and look to the fact that we are starting a new era with fresh money with 3 charlton people still on the board.

the investment will come the ultimate aim is now promotion then to stabalise again in the chumpionship and then to try to go up again.

but the most positive thing is we are now not on the brink of admin
  • edited December 2010
    A lot more coming out in the way of positive allusions on the O/S than made the cut on Sky:

"Our intention, of course, is to see the club promoted to the Championship as soon as possible, and making wholesale changes is not the right way to achieve those objectives. {re. Parkinson's future}

"It isn't going to be a walk in the park to ensure promotion, but [the club] is clearly well placed, and with the right sort of activity in the January transfer window, I'm sure we can strengthen the squad and I'm sure we can push on."
  • edited December 2010
    [cite]Posted By: PragueAddick[/cite]
    In the short term the very best news is that Parky may have at least some possibility to strengthen in the Jan window. Frankly, that was the most I was hoping for. Actually the even better news is that in doing so, he will not be "assisted" by Dennis Wise.

Agree with the first part of that - Slater's stated determination to improve things on the pitch was promising and implied that he recognises that,regardless of league position, we are not playing quality football.

Sounds like Parky stays for the moment - but you can bet that extending his contract is not one of their immediate priorities. If they are investing in new players in Jan, they will demand promotion in return. If Parky delivers it, he might get an extension in May, but even that's not certain, I suspect.

A little naive to claim Wise will not be ''assisting'' , surely? Whereever Jiminez goes, Wise is always lurking around somewhere. I would bet that whatever transfer targets Parky identifies, Jiminez/Slater will consult Wise (at least informally) before agreeing to any of them.

Overall it is pretty much what Peter Burrowes told me three or four weeks ago at the KCCC supporters club luncheon (and which I reported on CL at the time). Well done, Scoop - you haven't completely lost your touch and you were far closer than just about anybody on CL!
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]look after all the hype a excitement you need to look at it in a sensible way

1. we are no where near admin

2. we are no where near admin

3. we are no where near admin

no the sensible bit is out of the way

we are now able to get new players but if you go around spouting we are in the hands of billionares then players get over hyped and pried and we will end up with a squad of has beens on money they are not worth that have very little resale value.

everything that has been said is positive.

stop looking for the doom and gloom and look to the fact that we are starting a new era with fresh money with 3 charlton people still on the board.

the investment will come the ultimate aim is now promotion then to stabalise again in the chumpionship and then to try to go up again.

but the most positive thing is we are now not on the brink of admin

I do admire your optimism mate.
  • Just found this bit of info on the web

On 13 October 2008 it was reported that Jimenez had brokered the £50m takeover of Charlton Athletic by a Dubai-based investor

could it be the same investor ?
  • If its good enough for Murray then its good enough for me.

But to be honest Jiminez scares the shit out of me - even Terry Venables wouldnt work for him and he is one of the biggest crooks about.

(Slightly) underwhelmed.
  • [cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]If its good enough for Murray then its good enough for me.

But to be honest Jiminez scares the shit out of me - even Terry Venables wouldnt work for him and he is one of the biggest crooks about.

(Slightly) underwhelmed.

Me too, which is probably why he is not on the pitch shaking hands with Murray
  • Ask away - I have a feeling they won't answer.

And if they are asked these few simple straightforward questions and refuse to answer then what conclusion would you draw?
  • you either like jimenez or you dont his mate will pop along soon enough,he does have previous but think we should give everyone a second chance