Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

++++++Parkinson SACKED+++++++

Comments

• Ben Roberts is the one I feel sorry for. Left a stable job just week, now what ? Maybe put in temporoary charge ?
  • http://www.wharf.co.uk/2011/01/charlton-management-team-leave.html
  • Phil all the best you gave everything and more (if only some Knew).

What I dont like is before they have spoken to the manager this new lot are bringing in players whats that about??
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Nothing yet on the Official outlets.

Which means:

a. its not true, or
    b. A changing era where the club's comms team get treated second rate as sports consultancy firms and Sky get to announce what should be their exclusives.

Bet Matt W etc are fuming if its true.

SLP are reporting it as true and they seem to have the inside track these days.
  • On sky.......
    so bye Parky and his staff....
  • [cite]Posted By: MattD[/cite]Just passed my driving test, this could really finish of a top day!
    Congrats!

I think last night showed that he wasn't the man to get us out of the league, but the timing and the way they've gone about it is very interesting.
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCBourne[/cite]Phil all the best you gave everything and more (if only some Knew).

What I dont like is before they have spoken to the manager this new lot are bringing in players whats that about??

how do you know they havn't spoken to the Manager ?
  • Just think about what we saw last night, a well coached team who fully executed a well constructed plan, against a team lacking quality coaching, looking clueless and as always relying on the punt forward. What sensible business people would be prepared to hand fresh incoming talent to our management/coaching team ?
  • The Lunatics have taken over The Valley asylum.
  • From another thread:

Cafc#1 said: on SSN now

nichorob said: Yep, official now, deserved at least until the end of the season. Quite a statement from our new owners...

Incorruptible Addick said: Congrats to Slater and Jiminez on doing the necesary.

They are serious businessmen and did not buy the club to spend another season pissing about in div three.

Absolutely delighted with this.

New owners. New era. New manager. New players. New Valley. New dawn.

Parkinson was far too tainted by the years of failure to be part of the future and well done again to Slater and Jiminez for not only recognising the fact but acting so swiftly and decisively.

This bodes really well for the 'new Charlton', I think.

Cafc#1 said: Agree, not sure he deserved it, but all things considered (Recent home defeats, Crowd dissatisfaction, New Ownership) im not surprised.

Bexley Dan said: agree totally - we've bottomed out at last - onwards and upwards now.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not surprise that the OS does not report it.......

Had the same issues at the bbc..... the age we live in, makes a communications managers job 'difficult'
  • I just hope that Parky knew this was likely before yesterday's game as if not it means that:

1. the new owners decided that he and his team were going but decided not to tell them until now.
    2. the new owners made a snap decision following yesterday's game.

if #1 is true then then that is pretty piss poor behaviour and they lose a lot of credibility in my view
    if #2 is true then then that is pretty shambolic rash judgment and they lost a lot of credibility in my view.
  • It's sad to see Kinsella leave the club.
  • Timing seems perfectly logical to me - if you are going to get shot of PP, do it and get the new guys in asap whilst the window is open.
  • Feel a little sorry for Phil, took over in hard times with zero cash. Bought /loaned good players and was always struggling to win the fans backing. Personally (sadly probably in a minority) I would like to wish him luck in the future sure he will do well in different circumstances.
  • Really hope its true (like the man, loath his inability to play right formation, lack of strategy, tactics, well most things football I guess...). Still will not believe it until its on OS or BBC (not a SKY believer).
  • if true glad they have sacked the coaching squad aswel,

I was willing to support parky all the time he ie/was in charge, but honestly we've needed a clean sweep for a while now, simple things such as set plays and simple simple defending just isnt gettin trained or the players we have are that stupid.
  • Feel a little sorry for Phil, took over in hard times with zero cash. Bought /loaned good players and was always struggling to win the fans backing. Personally (sadly probably in a minority) I would like to wish him luck in the future sure he will do well in different circumstances.
  • I think those who are absolutely delighted are a bit premature. Wait to see who we replace him with first.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]It's sad to see Kinsella leave the club.

yes very sad, but very necessary. New broom and all that. Anyway, should be a favourite for the Walsall job especially now they won't have to pay compensation now. Maybe Phil will even walk into the Preston job. As said before, poor old Ben Roberts. In the job for less than a week. No reason why he can't be kept on though.
  • What would have happened had we not lost yesterday.

Clearly in the minority here but totally totally disagree with the decision and already proves my theory that Jiminez is a complete clown, and Murray is a complete clown to sell to someone like him - but hey, nice few quid in the bank.

Anyone want a Spurs ticket.
  • quote# 40
    The Lunatics have taken over The Valley asylum.

When did you manage that ?
  • [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I just hope that Parky knew this was likely before yesterday's game as if not it means that:

1. the new owners decided that he and his team were going but decided not to tell them until now.
    2. the new owners made a snap decision following yesterday's game.

if #1 is true then then that is pretty piss poor behaviour and they lose a lot of credibility in my view
    if #2 is true then then that is pretty shambolic rash judgment and they lost a lot of credibility in my view.

Agree 100%.
  • How can you bring a new man in and expect him to sign players without knowing what the squad is like first? Parky said he had targets, but now they may slip by the wayside...
  • [cite]Posted By: aliwibble[/cite]I think those who areabsolutely delightedare a bit premature. Wait to see who we replace him with first.

This. No one will be delighted if Chris Hutchings gets the job. Will reserve judgment til

1. It's on the OS
    2. We learn who the new man is.

Personally I'm not sure the run we're on warrants sacking the manager.
  • they will have been watching us pretty closely for some time now (you would if you were investing hard cash in something) so its not a snap decision.
  • [cite]Posted By: kimbo[/cite]Feel a little sorry for Phil, took over in hard times with zero cash. Bought /loaned good players and was always struggling to win the fans backing. Personally (sadly probably in a minority) I would like to wish him luck in the future sure he will do well in different circumstances.

The trouble is, there were some very poor ones too (Francis, McCormack), but then again he had no money.
  • I cant wait to see the new manager.

If it is Brian Laws my season ticket will be on e bay.
  • Southend - let's wait and see - however, it's about time, IMHO