Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++++Parkinson SACKED+++++++

Comments

• Options
    thanks for the good times, leeds at home...peterboro away...wish the man good luck. Unfortunately i dont think he has enough to be a succesful manager and the bad certainly outweighed the good. have to say well done to the new owners.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: johnny73[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: kigelia[/cite]I just hope that Parky knew this was likely before yesterday's game as if not it means that:

1. the new owners decided that he and his team were going but decided not to tell them until now.
    2. the new owners made a snap decision following yesterday's game.

if #1 is true then then that is pretty piss poor behaviour and they lose a lot of credibility in my view
    if #2 is true then then that is pretty shambolic rash judgment and they lost a lot of credibility in my view.

Agree 100%.

why could not the owners have been in two minds before yesterday game but then that performance pushed them over the edge ?
  • Options
    Early betting has Steve Clarke down as favorite. Coleman, Hughton and Howe also mentioned.
  • Options
    Still cannot see anything on the OS board.......

Perhaps we should just abolish the FA, and the league and have them run the game !.......
    far too much influence for the good of the game.

Re sackings; Almost inevitable, the sad figure he cut last night, and the comments were very downbeat!
  • Options
    who cares about the intricate details, the bottom line is that it was the right decision and i now feel more optimistic about the clubs prospects than i have for 5 years. Anybody who says any different just likes to something to whine about. Get behind the new regime for gods sake. So far, so good. Now lets go and take Morrison and Shittu off Millwall, the young pacy forward off Palace and bring a couple of class loan premiership midfielders in and lets get out of this crap. Stand aside Millwall, things are about to be corrected.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Early betting has Steve Clarke down as favorite. Coleman, Hughton and Howe also mentioned.

happy with three or them. Would prefer Howe, then Clarke/Houghton. Coleman can sod off.
  • Options
    I also disagree with the decision (though not official yet).
    If Parky has gone then i think its outrageous.

Sack Dailly too, fuck it the whole squad are abysmal lets start an open book.

Parky has done a decent job since he's been here, he deserves the rest of the season..
  • Options
    Brother at BBC Solent reckons Howe.
  • Options
    If they were considering it, it's the right time to do it, rather than wait a month or so. Almost a full month to sign players and plenty of games to be played.

Unlike a week ago, we presumably can afford to sack Parky and his staff, pay for a new manager (though won't be surprised if we get someone out of work) and give him money to spend.

Like Exiled said in another thread, he could keep us in the top 6 but now we should be able to afford and attract a better manager than we could previously.

Looking forward to seeing who we get. Hope the board have some ideas already as to the sort of replacement they'd like to bring in.
  • Options
    I think people are going to be cringing looking back at these threads come the end of the season.

Completely the wrong decision.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: Southendaddick[/cite]What would have happened had we not lost yesterday.

Clearly in the minority here but totally totally disagree with the decision and already proves my theory that Jiminez is a complete clown, and Murray is a complete clown to sell to someone like him - but hey, nice few quid in the bank.

Anyone want a Spurs ticket.[/quote]

Judging from the atmosphere at the Valley recently I suspect you are very much in the minority. Any sign of support for Parkinson was so muted it was embarrasing.

Onwards and upwards time will tell whether Jiminez is a clown but I am pleased he has made the changes.

Where do I pick up the Spurs ticket?
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: PopIcon[/cite]I also disagree with the decision (though not official yet).

Parky has done a decent job since he's been here, he deserves the rest of the season..

very good.
  • Options
    [quote][cite]Posted By: LargeAddick[/cite][quote][cite]Posted By: PopIcon[/cite]I also disagree with the decision (though not official yet).

Parky has done a decent job since he's been here, he deserves the rest of the season..[/quote]

very good.[/quote]

You can put your hampton away now!!! I just hope someone's not pushing for you to get the sack one day like you have the last 8 months. At times you made it personal
  • Options
    Nothing on BBC teletext.
  • Options
    Parky should have gone after 18 games without a win 2 seasons ago. Its always been a money issue - now thats resolved! Wise 11/8 on Skybet.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Sound decision for business and footballing reasons.

Don't feel particualrly sorry for Parkinsion. He might not be the best paid manager in English football , but he leads a more propserous life than most on CL and has been able to work at something he loves. And his prospects for re-employment are probably better than most of the hundreds of thousands of others who will lose their jobs in 2011 as the cuts start to bite.

Why should the new owners be sadled with Murray's bad decsison, his fourth after he decided to turn the Charlton managership into a game of speed dating?

Thanks, Philip. You did your best.Hope you get a job at Preston or somewhere. There's no reason why we can't celebrate his departure - and show some basic human decency about it, too.

Charlton supporters can now move forward with confidence and get the spirit back at the Valley and in the dressing room.

This is the start of a new era. The new owners are clearly ambitious and decisive. Seems to me they are just what we need.

New Year's Eve was a red letter day in my book. And today is the second in five days.
  • Options
    Not happy at all.

Well done all those for calling for his head yesterday. He has spent next to nothing and we are in the top 6.

If it is true then he has been dealt with very poorly.

They better have someone good lined up.
  • Options
    How's your job Large?
  • Options
    You could see it in Slater's and Varney's eyes last night, and in Parky's hauntd expression in the second half.
  • Options
    skysports_ed Ed Chamberlin
    Tony Jimenez to bring in Dennis Wise at #CAFC now just a 2/1 chance with @skybet........
    5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I'd be extremely disppointed if Wise came in.
  • Options
    Ray Wilkins anyone?

Good mates with Wise.
  • Options
    skysports_ed Ed Chamberlin
    Tony Jimenez to bring in Dennis Wise at #CAFC now just a 2/1 chance with @skybet........
    5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    grrrrrrrrr so busy
  • Options
    Lets hope Large doesn't get sacked if he has a few difficult weeks at work.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Wise now favorite on Sky Bet 11/10. Next is 8/1. That is a strong favourite!
  • Options
    New manager: Darren Ferguson?
  • Options
    Parky to join Pardew at Newcastle?
  • Options
    If true (and there's so much rumour around now it seems as though it must be) then I am appalled.

Appalled that the board would sack a manager with the team 5th in the table;
    Appalled that it comes so soon after giving him their backing;
    Appalled that the news is everywhere apart from the official website;
    Appalled that they say promotion is paramount and yet the name of Dennis Wise is being linked as our new manager - only rumour but if it's true what suggests he can do better?....

The takeover is only days old and already I don't recognise the club I love.
  • Options
    Can someone post the odds from skybet on here as my work comp dont let me on betting websites! (wonder why)