Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

++++++Parkinson SACKED+++++++

12345679»

Comments

• Options
    The Dennis Wise reports have already started.....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1343994/Phil-Parkinson-axed-Charlton-Dennis-Wise-emerges-contender-managers-job.html

Nothing substantial there yet.....

As for my earlier post, let me make it clear that it solely Wise that I was referring to a "vermin" rather than the new owners.

For some reason, I just can't imagine Alan Curbishley punching someone in the face while they were asleep.....
  • Options
    The new regime has acted swiftly and swept with the new broom, of which is what most of us wanted to happen more than 2 years ago following pardew's mess. I know its been a financial disaster that parky has had to deal with since then, but like others on here, I couldn't see him taking us up.

It is a results business and sadly, recent results pretty much confirmed the new boards decision. We've been a shambles at home all season including 3 embarrassing defeats (and the failure to beat luton), yet this group of players are supposed to be one of the best sides in the third division. Unfortunately the management have been unable to bring out this 'quality'.

I think it's the right decision - norwich acted very swiftly to sack gunn after their 7-1 reverse at home last season and they picked up a quality manager who blasted them to promotion. I hope we can do the same.
  • Options
    To be fair Gunn was an absolute managerial novice and was only in charge because they could not get anyone else in. He had actually previously been their commercial manager!

If we picked up someone of Paul Lambert's quality then fine but.....
  • Options
    OohAah: "my big fear is that this new mob are using us as a free bet(they're not gonna lose any real money) by leveraging us up"

But I wonder if you could find a bank to lend to buy a no-rate football club these days? I doubt this is a heavily leveraged deal.
  • Options
    Yes, I despise Wise, he is a total ****, and I hope it ain't gonna be him. But as someone above said, I was at the point of accepting Donald Duck taking over, and things couldn't be any worse - football-wise, tactical-wise, atmosphere-wise (only when just typing the latter have I realised the pun, certainly wasn't intended!). We ALL know we don't deserve to be more than mid-table the way we've been playing.

The best thing that could happen for me regarding whoever comes in, is to get these players giving a s**t and playing to the best of their abilities, and afraid of what'll happen if they don't. Maybe I'm living in cloud cuckoo land in this day and age, but then how have SO MANY decent players come to Charlton and turned to tosh (people in current squad included).
  • Options
    You have got to feel a little sorry for Parky during this spending spree. he didn't have the preverbial pot to piss in and we will never know how well he would have done with CP's transfer kitty. 
  • Options
    edited June 2011
    i really believe that with the money he would easily get us promoted, however i wonder how much influence vetere has on the singings?
  • Options
    Crossed my mind too.
  • Options

Don't forget he brought in Francis & mcOxo..............for those two signings alone he showed he had no idea.

If he was here now he would still be raiding southend...........

• Options
    oh gawd
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    thems the breaks I guess
  • Options

Don't forget he brought in Francis & mcOxo..............for those two signings alone he showed he had no idea.

He had no money so he had to raid Southend.
  • Options

And Docherty and worse still gave them all two year contracts. Contracts that I suspect we are trying to buy them out of even as we speak.
  • Options
    Pearls before swine.
  • Options

And Docherty and worse still gave them all two year contracts. Contracts that I suspect we are trying to buy them out of even as we speak.

are you honestly saying Doherty wasn't worth a punt after the season je had prior to joining us?

I think some people are blinded just because he was part of the Pardew set up.

Powell's first half a season wasnt much better than Parkinson's first half a season as manager and that was after taking over from a side in 5th and finishing 12th.

Parky took over when we were 3rd bottom and we finished bottom by a couple of points!
  • Options
    Parky took over when we were a point or two from safety and we finished 13 points from safety
    That abysmal attempt is part of the reason we're sloshing around in this pub league and he should never have gotten the job in the first place cos we went down without even a whimper
    In the next season and a half PP done a decent job for us imo but he got the job thru default and thru his failure to keep us up he then did very well after that and was harshly sacked in retrospect but the board gambled (unlike when we gave the job to stay up to parky) and it was a failure last season but looking how the board are giving it a go now I'm fully behind their actions .... He who dares rodney, he who dares
  • Options
    Oohaah's right, you know.
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzz, looking at the past re hash of old debate, why not look forward & support what could be a great season rather than worrying about old debates
  • Options
    zzzzzzzzz, looking at the past re hash of old debate, why not look forward & support what could be a great season rather than worrying about old debates
    This!
  • Options
    Yep a new era has begun. I wish Parky the best of luck, he did his best and had scant resources to work from but re-hashing old debates serves no purpose.