Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Crystal Palace new ground plans

Comments

• Options
    I've been racking my brain as to what other stadium it looks like, then it came to me.........................JUST LIKE EVERY OTHER ONE THATS BEEN CONSTUCTED OVER THE LAST 10 YRS!!!!!!!!

Certainly no green eyed envy would be coming from my direction, they all look like a bloody sainsbur..........hold on a minute, now i see.....;-)
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: IA[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]Palarse have a pot to piss in, so will ride Tottenham's back for funding.

Looks like it's a KSS design, same people who drew up WHL regenrationplans.

Why would Tottenham help them? For the plans they mention on the website, they need Tottenham to lose the Stratford bid.

Do they? Couldn't give a fck to be honest.

Hope it burns down like the last Crystal Palace.
  • Options
    Look at the picture again.

It's not the bowl on the left.

It's the pitch on the right, with the cinder running track and no stands.
  • Options
    Nice plans.

Rather short on details like when, how much and how they will pay for it however.

Still, it's ambition. I hope the Palace fans are slowly realising just how much of a bluffer and liar Jordan was.
  • Options
    Bit confused by the picture of the aquatic centre, which looks alot like a concreted terraced area,and I think looks like, for those who know the park, the road between the stadium and the zoo. The Sports centre, containing the pool, isn't touched. Nor is there any roads, and the car parks that are there, now seem to have been turfed over. Can't see this happening, as someone mentioned on another thread the residents kicked up a huge fuss a few years back when they wanted to build a cinema/entertainment complex at the top by the bus station.
    Remember, before you look at the link in the first post, everytime you click on the official website, you earn the club money!!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Rather short on details like when, how much and how they will pay for it however.

Build it, enter admin, receive free ground.

Palace don't like paying for stuff.
  • Options
    Architect's fees, Planner's fees, Civil Engineer's fees, Environmental impact assessment fees, traffic engineers fee's, local consultation costs, feasibility studies, models, service adaptation studies, electrical & mechanical engineers fees, land surveys, geophysical surveys, transport models, reports, etc etc.

Lets be generous and say £2m.

Let me know when the planning and building control approval go in.

Perhaps Parrish should have a word with B&HA as to how their new ground took shape, I expect they'll need someone who knows the planning appeal process inside out. Although Falmer was in an area of outstanding natural beauty it was in the middle of nowhere. Crystal Palace Park and the NSC are a different kettle of fish.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    I say good luck to them and I hope they do well...

haha NEVER!!! They would not fill 40k and I hope it does burn down.
  • Options
    A few years ago we (Charlton) drew up plans to move to the Dome site. At that time Arsenal were looking to move from Highbury and we didnt want them in our back yard. The plans were for a 40k stadium but were really pictures/sketches not working drawings, just like Palace have had produced. I could produce similar for an 80k or 100k stadiums they wouldnt be accurate and therefore pretty meaningless.
    They will do well to get this project off the architects board.
    As a Bromley resident I feel it has to be opposed, I dont want our green spaces built on more than they are now.
    Yes I am a nimby!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]Nice plans.

Rather short on details like when, how much and how they will pay for it however.

Still, it's ambition. I hope the Palace fans are slowly realising just how much of a bluffer and liar Jordan was.

I think most have come to realise this.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I just can't see how this is ever going to get off the ground. Yes, they can sell Selhurst for a housing development but this will be a £100-£200m project to build a new stadium AND a replacement for the national sports centre. We were lucky when we redeveloped the Valley. Public money was readily available through regeneration grants but that amount of money is no longer available. The public sector doesn't have a pot to piss in (schools capital grants have been cut by 80% from April). So that just leaves raising raising through investment banks. IF they were available to raise the money through the banks, it would take them 100 years to pay it back. There's too much risk involved for this project and I just can't see it getting off the ground. Unless they have a billionaire backing them like Spur's Joe Lewis?
  • Options
    I notice today in the Metro it is reported that Parish has said ' Once the decision has been made we'd look to work with whoever else wants to do something here '.

He is therefore hedging his bets . I suspect it could be the Nigels who end up with the Athletics Stadium and Spurs have a Football Ground in Stratford.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I notice today in the Metro it is reported that Parish has said ' Once the decision has been made we'd look to work with whoever else wants to do something here '.

He is therefore hedging his bets . I suspect it could be the Nigels who end up with the Athletics Stadium and Spurs have a Football Ground in Stratford.

Could be. But I think they will have major problems getting this off the ground.
  • Options
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/20/olympic-stadium-iaaf-bids

Spurs' plans were also criticised by the Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish as he unveiled his club's rival £50m plans to redevelop the National Sports Centre site, funded by a combination of the sale of Selhurst Park, new-stadium naming rights and pre-sales of corporate and debenture seats. "It would be like Charlton Athletic moving to Croydon," said Parish said of the prospect of Spurs moving to West Ham's home borough. "If you said that was happening I would think you were criminally insane. As a football fan I think it's a nonsense, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen."

Hmm
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/2011/jan/20/olympic-stadium-iaaf-bids
    />
    Spurs' plans were also criticised by the Crystal Palace co-owner Steve Parish as he unveiled his club's rival £50m plans to redevelop the National Sports Centre site, funded by a combination of the sale of Selhurst Park, new-stadium naming rights and pre-sales of corporate and debenture seats. "It would be like Charlton Athletic moving to Croydon," said Parish said of the prospect of Spurs moving to West Ham's home borough. "If you said that was happening I would think you were criminally insane. As a football fan I think it's a nonsense, but that doesn't mean it isn't going to happen."

Hmm

Make him right re the spurs move. Still cant see Palace moving to the park though.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Richard J[/cite]I notice today in the Metro it is reported that Parish has said ' Once the decision has been made we'd look to work with whoever else wants to do something here '.

This was what I thought they'd go for when they announced they wanted to move to Crystal Palace Park, ie take the free ground built for them by Spurs.

Maybe they're putting out the plans for a ground for themselves to hedge their bets, one for if West Ham win and one for if Spurs win. And, if Spurs win, they can pretend they had a great new ground planned but lost out because of the Olympics people.
  • Options
    edited January 2011
    Who needs a new ground costing £100 million plus when you are in leaque 1?
  • Options
    This was what I thought they'd go for when they announced they wanted to move to Crystal Palace Park, ie take the free ground built for them by Spurs.

In these days of tightening our belts I suspect that Boris Johnson and the Condem Government will be tempted by Spurs' no taxpayers money spent option . Both Palace and Wham have or have had major finanical issues , Spurs really are on the cusp of the ' next level ' of regular CL / European Football .

Most of the politicians ( apart from Seb Coe ) who support the West Ham option are Labour and therefore now out of the loop . I fear for Wham's future if Spurs move there as they will finally have to face the massive debt problems which even Sullivan described as 'a basket case'. The OS allowed Newham Council to bail them out.
  • Options
    I'm going to draw up some plans for a "KEEP PALACE OUT OF BROMLEY" campaign. Not having that nonsense in my Borough
  • Options
    The pdf of their plans, including what they've done so far.

http://www.cpfc.co.uk/staticFiles/31/67/0,,10323~157489,00.pdf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As Henry as said, not a lot, despite the words of engcouragement for the Nigels from Parrish.

A couple of hundred quid on a basic "this is what it could look like"CAD drawing, a few letters to people considered of importance in the scheme with their 'supportive' quotes and a guesstimate price of £50m (which I reckon is less than half a 40k stadium at the NSC would cost).

Stick all these out to the media and hey presto, the Nigels are swooning all over Parrish and Long and forgetting about the strong possibility of coming down a level next season.

Oh and it means they now have a perfect excuse of not spending a penny on Sellout for a couple of seasons.
  • Options
    Parrish has been perfectly honest about the proposed move to the NSC, and I think it's quite clear that the presentation was to show the alternative to Spur's proposal to renovate it. Ever since he has come in, he has made it clear that his preference would be to move from Selhurst, which as you all know need's a fortune spent to bring it up to date, and even then it wouldn't be able to bring in the alternative revenue streams that a purpose built stadium would.

My understanding is that the NSC would be the ideal choice for all at Palace, but until Stratford's decision is made, it would be pointless spending a fortune, until you know what you are having to plan for.

The plus point for me at the moment, are that Bromley council are for the time being looking supportive to the idea, which is something they havn't shown in the past.
  • Options
    Looks like it is now in doubt ,this was in last weeks Croydon Advertiser.

CRYSTAL Palace co-chairman, Steve Parish said a redevelopment of Selhurst Park is possible, although he admitted this is just one of the options currently being explored.

Future stadium plans were discussed at the club's Fans' Forum last week and the redevelopment of the Eagles' current ground was mooted as a possible solution.

However, Parish told the Croydon Advertiser this week that it was not the only option.

He said: "It is a possibility and it is one of the options we are looking at. But Crystal Palace Park is still a possibility."

Parish said he felt the fans' reaction was broadly positive, adding that people had different views on what they would like to see.

He said: "I think some people don't mind either way, but there are some people who only know Selhurst Park and would like to stay there."

On the other hand, he said, some people liked the history around Crystal Palace Park.

Last year, the club unveiled ambitious plans to move into a 40,000 seater stadium back at their spiritual home at Crystal Palace Park, where the club first played back in the early 1900s.

The move, which would see them leave the borough of Croydon, was backed at the time by town hall chiefs, who said it would help Palace become a strong club again.

The plans would include a new stadium built on the National Sports Centre site, with a capacity eventually rising to 40,000, together with other facilities, including an aquatic centre next to the stadium and a new athletics track for the use of the local community.

And while Parish says Crystal Palace Park is still a possibility, it appeared at the Forum that a redevelopment of the 26,309-capacity Selhurst Park was probably more likely.

Either way, Parish said a new stadium would be important for Palace if they got to the Premier League.

He said: "You need to get as much income as possible.

"In the Premier League there would be a lot of games where you could get crowds of around 35,000 and with 10,000 more fans paying £30 a time that is £300,000 extra each game."

Parish said it was important to look at other revenue sources too, which opens the door to other facilities as part of any redevelopment.

You develop for the primary use, but you do have to look at secondary uses.

"Whether that be shops, a hotel or a supermarket, that is really what you need to try and achieve and if we can do it, then great."

However, he said there was still a long way to go before any plans could get the go ahead.

He said: "It takes a long time for these things and hopefully we will still be here to see them through."

• Options
    Just a small hitch for the Nigels. It is all based on: "if they got to the Premier League...."
    After selling Zaha and Cline they will be in a relegation scrap again.
    Selhurst suits them perfectly well at the moment.
  • Options
    I can't begin to describe how funny this lot are

40,000 capacity stadium? ha ha ha ha ha ha
  • Options

"In the Premier League there would be a lot of games where you could get crowds of around 35,000 and with 10,000 more fans paying £30 a time that is £300,000 extra each game."

This reminds me of Ali G trying to sell his business plan!

Should it be 20,000 more fans?

• Options
    All clubs do this - "In the PL, we could sell out 35,000 seats" unfortunately only 20 clubs not 40 can play the likes of Man U and Arsenal and flog loads of tickets to away fans and casuals. To be fair to Palace, Charlton's plans for a 40k stadium are only slightly less optimistic.

Palace badly need a new main stand, the current one is ancient, and has hopeless facilities for making corporate and other income, but there's no room behind it. The Arthur Wait is adequate for the time being, but pretty grim. Replacing 2 sides won't be cheap...
  • Options
    I think we're alot closer to having use to a 40k stadium than the nigels are, when we reduce prices and play good football we sell alot, it'll only get better if Chris Powell keeps the amazing feel around the club.. everyone wants to be a part of it.

We'll have a few more sell outs next season which'll be nice to see ;-)
  • Options
    The plans would include a new stadium built on the National Sports Centre site, with a capacity eventually rising to 40,000, together with other facilities, including an aquatic centre next to the stadium and a new athletics track for the use of the local community.

Are they trying to re-sign Andy Johnson then?? ;-)
  • Options
    Would they also have room for the best academy in South Norwood?