Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Crystal Palace new ground plans

Comments

• WUM alert
    Who for?
  • How old are you Portsmouth Addick?
  • We already have/had permission for 40,000 capacity.
    Forget the sentimental element of the Valley? After 50 years, nah not me.
    Not saying I'd give up if we moved, but as more and more people are priced out of top live games can't see the attraction of a potential white elephant by the river.
    "Your ground is too big for you" etc
    Cant believe that anyone would say that transport would be worse for 95 per cent of fans - have you ever been to the O2??
    Doesn't everyone moan about the useless Jubilee Line at the O2? How else do you get to the peninsula? 40,000 fans all changing at London Bridge to get the Jubilee?
    Ever heard of the huge car parks at the O2 ?
    Or the 472 and 161 buses, (which incidentally, go past the Valley )

but have you seen the cost of parking.

In any case I think you'll find the developers want a baseball stadium that can be be used for open air music events
    Firstly, why do you ask? Do you believe it has relevance in this thread?

• Leaving the Valley, who ever heard fo such nonsense, have we really such short memories? Not interested in any opportunities that arose elsewhere when I extremely happy with the growth on and off the picth we currently have where we are,

The old den new den experience or going to that awful Colchester ground should be enough, if I am going to stick my head in the sand at the expence of progress I hope its a good old, reclaimed quarry/sandpit in SE7 where the spirt of 47 and even 92 still exists, I would fight with every thing I had not to loose this wonderful place again....
  • Leaving the Valley, who ever heard fo such nonsense, have we really such short memories? Not interested in any opportunities that arose elsewhere when I extremely happy with the growth on and off the picth we currently have where we are,

The old den new den experience or going to that awful Colchester ground should be enough, if I am going to stick my head in the sand at the expence of progress I hope its a good old, reclaimed quarry/sandpit in SE7 where the spirt of 47 and even 92 still exists, I would fight with every thing I had not to loose this wonderful place again....
    I'll give you a very unlikely hypothetical scenario. We get promoted to the Premier League in a couple of years and after another three or four years of investment in the team by the Mysteons and good stewardship by SCP we find ourselves pushing for a euro place and fill The Valley week in week out. The board say we need to get more bums on seats to enable us to compete but The Valley cannot be expanded. Where does that leave the picture you paint ?

• edited May 2012
    Leaving the Valley, who ever heard fo such nonsense, have we really such short memories? Not interested in any opportunities that arose elsewhere when I extremely happy with the growth on and off the picth we currently have where we are,

Duly filed under Ostrich.

Are we playing answer a question with a question?

BTW, Darlington were relegated to step 5 yesterday.

Says the guy who dodges questions he can't answer. Even the answers you do give are for the most part crazy.

"We can negotiate"

Have you seen how congested it gets down at the O2 when an event is on, now you want to add 40k football fans to that.

• edited May 2012
    How old are you Portsmouth Addick?

BTW, Darlington were relegated to step 5 yesterday.

Just wondered what relevance you thought it had.
    Lets put it this way, i have seen Matt Tees play at The Valley.Does that help?
  • Sponsored links:

Says the guy who dodges questions he can't answer. Even the answers you do give are for the most part crazy.

"We can negotiate"

Have you seen how congested it gets down at the O2 when an event is on, now you want to add 40k football fans to that.

Yes, and dealt with very efficiently - dont you agree?
    So, are you against progress because you dont like the congestion? Have you ever been to a football match?

Are you comparing us with Darlo ?? I sincerely hope not.
  • Charlton's newground element of this thread has been moved to another thread (with Charlton in the title !)
  • Someone's on a wind-up.

Of course if it all made sense, we could move in as soon as the thing was built. However, it quite clearly doesn't as many people have pointed out for various different reasons.

How well do you think you did with that last answer?

Which answer?

Which answer?

What question?

• edited May 2012
    Leaving the Valley, who ever heard fo such nonsense, have we really such short memories? Not interested in any opportunities that arose elsewhere when I extremely happy with the growth on and off the picth we currently have where we are,

I'll give you a very unlikely hypothetical scenario. We get promoted to the Premier League in a couple of years and after another three or four years of investment in the team by the Mysteons and good stewardship by SCP we find ourselves pushing for a euro place and fill The Valley week in week out. The board say we need to get more bums on seats to enable us to compete but The Valley cannot be expanded. Where does that leave the picture you paint ?

My painted picture remains a real life study as opposed to an impressionists unlikely hypothetical scenario and would be entitled, simply, "an Ostriches eye view of life" by C S Harris, I think it would prove very popular...
  • edited May 2012
    I would also love to see Palace risk all and move to a 40,000 seat stadium with no investment by the Mysterons and attract even less each week whilst not moving forward in any way on the pictch...

• I would also love to see Palace risk all and move to a 40,000 seat stadium with no investment by the Mysterons and attract even less each week whilst not moving forward in any way on the pictch...

Simples - come and ground share with us on the peninsular. :-)

• Sponsored links:

Which answer?

What question?

*Groan* Not only can't you put your opinion over properly, you can't even play a stupid game correctly!
  • Again, have you ever heard of negotiation ?
    You would expect that Charlton FC would negotiate free(or near free) parking for games - all this sort of stuff would be points to negotiate.
    Most of the other points i have 'answered'
    How can you negotiate free parking when there are limited car parking spaces? & how would the council sign off the environmental impact of additional congestion & pollution if they have no revenue from car parking charges to offset it?

Wot, limited parking on saturday afternoon at 3pm? What about the people going to O2 circa 7pm on saturdays? - think about it- ah, sorry, you're a Smallwall fan, so it might be a little tough for you !

Many people going to the O2 get the tube.

If you think travelling to a new stadium near the O2 would be easier for you all then that's your view. I can't see how it would be any easier except for those who live near a Jubilee line station.
  • I love the valley ....
  • edited May 2012
    Addickted- Palace could share with us as long as they are prepared to pay a fair rent.
  • I would also love to see Palace risk all and move to a 40,000 seat stadium with no investment by the Mysterons and attract even less each week whilst not moving forward in any way on the pictch...

Simples - come and ground share with us on the peninsular. :-)

we could give them a lovely stripey portacabin to run things from at least an end would back onto a Sainsburys so they would feel at home...
  • Every now and then we could cut the power whilst they're playing...
  • Watch out, the Luddites have been released !
    I'm sorry, but if you are going to give the argument that we shouldnt move because it might be harder to park, then i feel for you, i really do.
    Dont you all realise that everything is negotiable is business. If noone can park because of exhorbitant money-grabbers, then the council gets involved, or traders around put pressure on because they are losing out. - its ALL negotiable ! There are good,efficient,effective ways around these 'problems'

Wow, i didnt realise that there were so many Ostriches out there masquerading as Charlton fans - no wonder we fluctuate between the divisions - ye gods.
    I find, the council are invariably the biggest money grabbers of them all.

• Anyone who doesn't think there is congestion heading toward the Blackwall Tunnel on Saturdays has, obviously, never had to travel that way after a game. (And, no, I don't think they were all 'early leavers' from the Valley!)
  • http://www.thisiscroydontoday.co.uk/Crystal-Palace-stay-Selhurst-Park-chairman-hints/story-16847188-detail/story.html

"Addressing supporters on a Palace fans' website, Mr Browett did not rule out moving away from Selhurst in a ground share while development took place."