Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Atlantic

Comments

• Options
    Set your sky plus and series link , the sopranos starts 9pm Wednesday
  • Options
    Just seen they are running battlestar galactica from series one from tonight well worth watching if you have not seen before cracking drama.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]battlestar galactica f.

Leave off
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Ketman[/cite]Just seen they are running battlestar galactica from series one from tonight well worth watching if you have not seen before cracking drama.

Thought it was a cracking series, although I haven't got as attached to Caprica.
  • Options
    If you want to avoid the adverts watch Boardwalk Empire on anytime. You can even series link it.
  • Options
    Anyone watching Treme?

I watched the pilot but wasn't too sure.Got the rest recorded but is it worth persisting with?
  • Options
    Boardwalk Empire isn't as good as I thought it would be
  • Options
    Think its brillant
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: carly burn[/cite]Anyone watching Treme?

I watched the pilot but wasn't too sure.Got the rest recorded but is it worth persisting with?
    It's pretty good, performances and the script are both very good but not a lot seems to happen. I'd say give another episode a shot and see how you like it.

As for Battlestar Gallactica, I absolutley love that show. I never watch any sci-fi stuff like Stargate etc but this show is awesome.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: nolly[/cite]Think its brillant

Don't get me wrong, its good, just not as "fantastic" as I hears it was meant to be
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]

Don't get me wrong, its good, just not as "fantastic" as I hears it was meant to be
    Yeah, it's good alright but nowhere near as good as their best stuff. Steve Buscemi isn't all that amazing in it either.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Winters-Dawn[/cite]

I don't think anything will be made as good as The Wire for some time. I enjoy Treme more than Broadwalk and look forward to Game of Thrones which starts this month, what a channel!
  • Options
    Need to clear some space on the planner by either watching or deleting The Sopranos. Based on thinking Boardwalk Empire was a tad slow and a bit over hyped, should I watch or give it a miss? Enjoyed the wire but assume it's a different type of show?
  • Options

Definitely watch it - had never seen an episode before, but having just finished the first series on Sky Atlantic it far exceded my expectations and was in a different league to Boardwalk Empire.

• Options
    Looking back on Boardwalk Empire there were some moments that stick in the memory, but I did find it a bit slow at the time. I'm loving Treme, on the other hand. I'm a big fan of David Simon and The Wire in particular (the greatest drama series in TV history), although it took a while for me to get into Generation Kill, and I'd heard that Simon fans were saying they found it disappointing, but I'm really enjoying it. It helps if you like New Orleans music, mind, because there's a LOT of music in it.
  • Options
    edited May 2011
    Ive watched 5 episodes of Treme and i have to admit im struggling to see it's appeal. I will watch a couple more and if it doesn't improve i will ditch it. It's not a patch on The Wire.  
  • Options

Anyone watching Game of Thrones? I'm really enjoying it.

• Options
    For the final 2 episodes Treme is brilliant, the story really starts to come together. Game Of Thrones is superb. Bored To Death is a pleasent surprise as well.
  • Options

Anyone watching Game of Thrones? I'm really enjoying it.

Just watched episode 6 on the Sky Player. Best thing I've seen on TV in ages, really gripped and just want the next episode as soon as the last one finishes. Probably not to everyone's taste but it appeals to my inner nerd.
  • Options
    Game Of Thrones is great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Just given up on Treme. Watched 8 episodes and still nothing has happened.
  • Options

Game of Thrones is really very impressive, The acting is superb and the sets really lavish. For those who have read the books it's really impressive how they manage to compress the plot without losing the essence.

BTW the books are well worth a read.

• Options
    Game of Thrones was that it!! bit of a weak finish
  • Options
    Blue Brothers is very good, this weeks episode ended on a cliff hanger!
  • Options
    bored to death was ok, very slow at times but zack galfinakus from the hangover was fantastic in it, also oddly for a US comedy show only lasts 30mins per eppisode so you can easily do 2 or 3 in a row. have been watching old episodes of saturday night live on sky arts, amazing to watch akroyd, buleshi and murray starting out, there was a sketch the other week with bill murray and doing the news and they had hired a cuban ex baseball player to read the sports news was some off the funniest TV i had seen in years even if it was nearly 30 years old.
  • Options
    Would have been a crappy ending if they hadn't had a second series comissioned! All just a big setup for series two though, personally I can't wait.
  • Options

The second series was commissioned after the first episode so they probably had to re-write the ending to set up the second series.

Both my son and me thought this was a terrific series and can't wait for the next one.

• Options
    Would have been a crappy ending if they hadn't had a second series comissioned! All just a big setup for series two though, personally I can't wait.
     Ithought that they only comissioned a second series in April in which case yes it would have been rubbish
  • Options

Yep, did feel a bit more like a premier than a finale.

Excellent series, really superb acting from most of the cast. Solidly consistent gratitous tit count.

Shame it's on sattelite, would be massive if on BBC.

• Options

Spot on. Often the best action occurs in the penultimate episode in HBO series' (I think I remember Sopranos being the same).

I hope we don't have to wait long!