Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Atlantic

1235»

Comments

• Options
    Clockers was written after Homicide Life on The Street, by Richard Price. Unsure whethere Simon and Burns wrote The Corner a little later or before The Corner. Simon liked Clockers so he got in Richard Price as a main writer on The Wire.

One of the criticisms you can say about The Wire is that it's dealing with a lot of issues that are over a decade old when it was being filmed. The first season feels a little anachronisitic. Simon alluded to this when he recognised he couldn't take it any further, as he didn't know anything about how the influx of Hispanics and other ehtnicities had eschewed the dynamics of crime in most major US cities.
    Watched the first episode of this when Atlantic started repeats a month or so ago and couldn't get over the fact that the police department didn't have computers. They were using typewriters despite only being about 10 years ago ?!
  • Options
    Clockers was written after Homicide Life on The Street, by Richard Price. Unsure whethere Simon and Burns wrote The Corner a little later or before The Corner. Simon liked Clockers so he got in Richard Price as a main writer on The Wire.

One of the criticisms you can say about The Wire is that it's dealing with a lot of issues that are over a decade old when it was being filmed. The first season feels a little anachronisitic. Simon alluded to this when he recognised he couldn't take it any further, as he didn't know anything about how the influx of Hispanics and other ehtnicities had eschewed the dynamics of crime in most major US cities.
    True, thought Clockers preceded Homicide by a year, but it's the other way around.

1991 & 1992.

• Options
    Anyone watching the latest Boardwalk empire?? I'm getting it online just after each episode airs in America, unbelieavble 3rd series. Stephen Graham's character playing a bigger role, gotta say he is an excellent actor.
  • Options
    J BLOCK said:

Anyone watching the latest Boardwalk empire?? I'm getting it online just after each episode airs in America, unbelieavble 3rd series. Stephen Graham's character playing a bigger role, gotta say he is an excellent actor.

I just finished watching Series 3 of Boardwalk Empire on German Sky and it is probably the best of the 3. I wont spoil it for anyone, but it is really, really good.

• Options
    I love Gip Rosetti's character - wish Stephen Graham was in it more
  • Options

West Wing isn't on sky Atlantic is it ?
    Is it on tv then ?
    No i acquired the box sets.

Which are about £40 the complete series quite often - best £40 you'll spend in a while, brilliant show.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

Watched the first episode of this when Atlantic started repeats a month or so ago and couldn't get over the fact that the police department didn't have computers. They were using typewriters despite only being about 10 years ago ?!

if that's the major crimes unit, its because they want to "live like the gangstas live" ie in a complete shit hole without anything. It's why they're holed up in a derelict building. Finished the wire a few weeks ago, absolutely amazing series, doesn't quite show its self til the final episode and then it all "makes sense". Currently finishing season 3 of the sopranos and really enjoy that so far.
  • Options

J BLOCK said:

I just finished watching Series 3 of Boardwalk Empire on German Sky and it is probably the best of the 3. I wont spoil it for anyone, but it is really, really good.

I like it a lot but I do think there are too many irrelevant story strands going on.
  • Options
    I'm waiting for treme season 3!!