Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Sky Atlantic

Comments

• Options
    Second season starts April 2012 so quite a long wait
  • Options

Really enjoyed Game of Thrones.  I've bought the first book now the season has ended. 

• Options
    Game of Thrones penultimate episode left me totally gob smacked... really never expected that.  Final episode a bit of a damp squib. 
  • Options
    edited September 2011
    Season 2 of Treme is superb, wasn't gone on season one, but so far season 2 is almost as good as The Wire, the charachtes are a lot more interesting, the various plots are much more interesting as well.
  • Options
    They're repeating Game of Thrones next month, can't wait to watch it through again after reading the book.
  • Options
    Anyone seen "This is Jinsey" yet

it's certainly out there !!
    Bit like a cross between the Mighty Boosh and Catterick (Vic & Bob)
  • Options
    Yep, didn't like it. When I heard it advertised as a cross between Flight of the Conchords and something else I thought it may be good but it's a bit TOO out there for me.
  • Options
    Don'e get to excited about the Game of Thrones books. The first three are brilliant (and the third is the best) but it nosedives after that.
  • Options
    I'm about to finish the first book in the series, absolutley loving it. I stopped watching after the 5th episode as I wanted to read the book, can'w wait to get back into the series.
  • Options
    They're repeating Game of Thrones next month, can't wait to watch it through again after reading the book.
    You need to be watching repeats of the mangeress and mike bassett for some tips not GOT
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Yep, didn't like it. When I heard it advertised as a cross between Flight of the Conchords and something else I thought it may be good but it's a bit TOO out there for me.
    yeah I saw they compared it to FOTC (it clearly isn't ?!?) but reckon they did that as that's also on Atlantic

• Options
    Just finished Treme season 2. Quality. Just as good as the wire for storytelling and characters. Apparently Season 3 is being filmed already. Boardwalk Empire is next.
  • Options
    edited November 2011
    Just finished Treme season 2. Quality. Just as good as the wire for storytelling and characters. Apparently Season 3 is being filmed already. Boardwalk Empire is next.

I gave up on Treme at the end of season one. Nothing ever happened ! Boardwalk is better but still needs a bit of oomph as it can be slow. Neither show comes close to The Wire.

Just started watching The West Wing season 1 . Loving it so far.
  • Options

I gave up on Treme at the end of season one. Nothing ever happened ! Boardwalk is better but still needs a bit of oomph as it can be slow. Neither she comes close to The Wire.

Seen the first 3 episodes of BE but then got into Treme. Disagree that nothing happens in it though. Superb soundtrack too. Anyway weren't you a wurzel?
  • Options
    West Wing isn't on sky Atlantic is it ?
    Is it on tv then ?
  • Options
    Loved season 2 of Treme, found it almost as good as The Wire. Haven't seen West Wing listed, unless its on one of them channels like Universal or Sony TV etc
  • Options
    edited November 2011

I gave up on Treme at the end of season one. Nothing ever happened ! Boardwalk is better but still needs a bit of oomph as it can be slow. Neither she comes close to The Wire.

Seen the first 3 episodes of BE but then got into Treme. Disagree that nothing happens in it though. Superb soundtrack too. Anyway weren't you a wurzel?
    Yes i was a Wurzel but i found people thought i was an old git. Keeley is much better on the eye! 
  • Options
    West Wing isn't on sky Atlantic is it ?
    Is it on tv then ?
    No i acquired the box sets.
  • Options
    Treme series 2  was a good watch, not to be compared with the Wire, although it is slowly building up a good character base for its future storyline. 
  • Options

Id like to give a shout to "Justified" Some really good story lines and a thoroughly excellent first series. Stars Timothy Olyphant from Deadwood (another excellent piece of TV).

Also really enjoying "Sons of Anarchy" was surprised when the character Jacks was interviewed to find he was English. Looking forward to season 4.

Dexter is into season six now and I still find this series to be great entertainment.

An oddball one if youre into bizzare is Carnivale....you have to persist with it mind.

I also love "The United States of Tara" Toni Collette is awesome in this playing 6-7 versions of herself.....

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Set your sky plus and series link , the sopranos starts 9pm Wednesday
    haven't missed an episode, great viewing

Really enjoyed Game of Thrones.

yes, also great stuff
  • Options

The Sopranos is absolute top notch TV. Didn't watch it first time round but wish I had.

Boardwalk Empire is also great.

Bones on Sky Living is another great show. Watched it from series 1 and carried on all the way through.

Game of Thrones. Another good series. Roll on series 2.

And of course the Walking Dead, although thats got it's own thread.

• Options

Id like to give a shout to "Justified" Some really good story lines and a thoroughly excellent first series. Stars Timothy Olyphant from Deadwood (another excellent piece of TV).

Also really enjoying "Sons of Anarchy" was surprised when the character Jacks was interviewed to find he was English. Looking forward to season 4.

Dexter is into season six now and I still find this series to be great entertainment.

An oddball one if youre into bizzare is Carnivale....you have to persist with it mind.

I also love "The United States of Tara" Toni Collette is awesome in this playing 6-7 versions of herself.....

Sons of Anarchy is probably my favourite current series from the States . It's hard to believe that the guy who plays jacks was the star of that dreadful film Green Street.
    stunning show and it's the best current show on Fox by a long way.
    If you have not seen it I recommend you get hold of the box sets. At the moment we are coming to the end of season 4 with another season already commissioned .
  • Options

Love the first series of walking dead. Proper gorefest for a TV show. Will have to catch up on series 2.
  • Options

Love the first series of walking dead. Proper gorefest for a TV show. Will have to catch up on series 2.
    Yep a really surprisingly good first series.....shame it was so short.
  • Options

Downloaded it couple of weeks ago and watched first series in one night ... Excellent.
  • Options
    Walking Dead is great but by god its so grim. Can be toughh viewing at times.
  • Options
    Stated watching 'LUCK' the other night.
    Early days,but looks good.If you're into your racing I reckon you'll love it.
  • Options
    The Wire is far superior to The Sopranos. I finished off series 5 of The Sopranos last night, what a disappointment, they continuously build up to something but never deliver. I've watch The Sopranos on and off, unlike The Wire which was hard to put down as a good book.

Probably because The Wire is basically based on books which were impossible to put down...Clockers was the inspiration I think....Corner & Homicide the results (which were both made into series - read the books first) and The Wire is almost like the pinnacle, the culmination of years of research, writing, watching, observing, interviewing, listening...it's a distillation of the very best & very worst of Baltimore & America. Fantastic viewing.

The Corner was 6 episodes I think, Homicide about 6 series from memory....not seen the latter yet, read both books and The Corner was powerful stuff.

• Options
    Clockers was written after Homicide Life on The Street, by Richard Price. Unsure whethere Simon and Burns wrote The Corner a little later or before The Corner. Simon liked Clockers so he got in Richard Price as a main writer on The Wire.

One of the criticisms you can say about The Wire is that it's dealing with a lot of issues that are over a decade old when it was being filmed. The first season feels a little anachronisitic. Simon alluded to this when he recognised he couldn't take it any further, as he didn't know anything about how the influx of Hispanics and other ehtnicities had eschewed the dynamics of crime in most major US cities.