Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Half Time break, couple of things

Clash, London Calling, WTF was that arrangement, IMO a bit odd

Also, who was reading the scores out at half time, sounded asleep and would rather have been anywhere alse to say the least.

Comments

• the clash song sounded awful with the cafc input!!
  • yeah the clash thing was shocking

anyone see what was wrong with the colchester fan being karted out by st johns just after half-time? hope nothing too serious.
  • [cite]Posted By: Charltonparklane[/cite]Clash, London Calling, WTF was that arrangement, IMO a bit odd

Also, who was reading the scores out at half time, sounded asleep and would rather have been anywhere alse to say the least.

Send Dyer up there to shake 'em up a bit.
  • Agreed.

Absolutely terrible London 'CAFC' Calling remix.

And could barely understand the scores guy at first.
  • Can't say I noticed anything different about the guy reading half times, pleased he read out the Prem/Milwall/Palace scores aswell.

As for the Clash/CAFC mix, terrible. Preferred Infinity or I gotta feeling.
  • it was poor

Want a decent mix to play ask the White Eyed Tigers

Simples great at Mash ups and have done one already.

Might ask them to do something
  • That was John _ _ _ _ _ _ _ , can't remember his name, Cartwright? He used to do pitch side when BDL was still in the box. He's on Charlton Live. He did sound bit sleepy tonight!

The CAFC MegaMix! WTF??? That was so cringey! Awful. Never again please!
  • The CAFC vs Clash mix was just scary

I hope to god I never ever have to hear that again!

I can imagine nolly being in some sort of fit at that point!
  • Glad someone else mentioned this. My old man and boy didn't go tonight so I paid more attention to the half time "entertainment" than normal and thought that London Calling "thing" was quite possibly the worst version of anything I'd ever heard. Worse even than Rolf's version of Stairway to Heaven on the wobbleboard (one for Henry there).

I'd assumed it was a regular thing and I just hadn't noticed before, but was then doubting my own sanity as to how my well trained musical ears had never picked up on it before.

Bloody awful. BDL - have a word son.
  • Jon Lucas isn't it? I think he's quite often doing the half times.

It was CAFC v Clash v Billy Cotton. He must be turning in his grave. Never again please.
  • Sponsored links:

• Not fans? Hmm - It was done by Bob Lawrence (he of the Stock Aitken Waterman style remix of RRR twice played at Sellout)

It's a good idea (IMO) and needs tweaking. The Valley PA didn't do it justice unfortunately. We played it on CL on Sunday night and it got a great reception - Honest.

Jon reads out the League One H/T's - CAFCDAN, I read out the Prem and Champ scores.
  • Dave, I thought it was awful on CL on Sunday to be honest mate, it was as disjointed as our performance......Jon was very muffled in the north upper, I didnt get any of the scores.
  • John Lucas sounded as if he was broadcasting from under his duvet........
  • awful remix. thought i heard a bit of red red robin remixed in it too. sounded crap
  • When it came on, almost everyone looked at each other, laughed and went 'what the f*ck is this'. Total rubbish and i hope someone on here has the power to ensure it never gets played again.
  • [cite]Posted By: south london sing[/cite]awful remix. thought i heard a bit of red red robin remixed in it too. sounded crap

Yep, I heard a but of red red robin in there too. It was a true WTF moment though.
  • I've gotta be brutally honest, when we played the song on Charlton Live Sunday, it was a cute little thing, but I agree with a lot of posters here. It didn't fit in live at the game at all.

I'd like to see a return to our Championship era trend of playing ominous classical music as the sides re-appear for the second half.
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: south london sing[/cite]awful remix. thought i heard a bit of red red robin remixed in it too. sounded crap

Yep, I heard a but of red red robin in there too. It was a true WTF moment though.

No, the true WFT moment was when I announced Seven minutes added - There was an audible collective WOT??

BTW - If you didn't hear it - here's the "mash up"

Bob Lawrence's Mix
  • I think its funny. Just a bit of fun... well i've only listened to 30 secs so far.
  • Well I like it. so nerrrrr
  • Sponsored links:

• The Clash thing was appalingly amatureish and should never grace the Valley again!! rather like the ref in fact!
  • It was OK but the CAFC needed work. It seemed too bold / out of place last night.

Make the CAFC a crowd CAFC chant and it would mix much better IMO.
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well I like it. so nerrrrr

No accounting for taste ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]Well I like it. so nerrrrr

But you're a girl........?

<takes cover> ;-)
  • The London Calling remix played at ht was interesting. Hopefully that was a one off.

The bloke who read the League One's half times out sounded no different to any other game. His tone always sounds the same. I have heard a fellow Charlton fan comment at the end of last season that the bloke sounds like he does not want to be there. Very harsh.
  • edited February 2011
    "the true WFT moment was when I announced Seven minutes added - There was an audible collective WOT??"

To be fair, 3 minutes added on for the subs and and then 4 minutes for all the faffing around during the colchester "goal"....

I thought 7 minutes was probably spot on
  • cafc cafc
  • Don't play it again, FFS.
  • [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: south london sing[/cite]awful remix. thought i heard a bit of red red robin remixed in it too. sounded crap

No, the true WFT moment was when I announced Seven minutes added - There was an audible collective WOT??

Bob Lawrence's Mix

I didn't say it was the only WTF moment, just that it was one (is there a pedant award on 'ere?).
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]

Bob Lawrence's Mix

I didn't say it was theonlyWTF moment, just that it was one (is there a pedant award on 'ere?).

I'm going to call you Mr. P. from now on! ;-)