Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Half Time break, couple of things

Comments

• What a bunch of miserable gits.... It's a fine effort, and anything that has a bit of T.Rex & Clash in it, is good for you...
  • [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]The guy doing the C A F C was perhaps the same gentleman who says "Mind the Gep" on the Underground?

''Unexpected items in the bagging area''
  • it was fooking embarrassing....please never play it again.
  • [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]it was fooking embarrassing....please never play it again.

Summed up perfectly
  • Dreadful, dreadful, dreadful.
  • Anyone remember Republica - Ready to go!
    Was an absolute tune, got me going!
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Addick_Dan[/cite]Anyone remember Republica - Ready to go!
    Was an absolute tune, got me going![/quote]

seconded, first season in Prem.

Top tune.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]

VFR should never be played, only sung.

Or preferably neither!
  • Marmite then!

Bob's done another version - Which I haven't heard yet - some amendments made.

Will put it up later.

For the record - I like it, it's different and it's unique!

BTW - can I remind you all - I DON'T PLAY THE BLOODY MUSIC ANY MORE!!!!!! So no talk of castrating me please!
  • BDLBDL
    edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]

Or preferably neither!

Oi - I was there when Claus went Tchoir
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: BDL[/cite]

Oi - I was there when Claus went Tchoir

All proper Charlton were there.

I didn't care for the "mash up" but at least it's not Led Zeeeeeeeeeep.

More Velvets, More Roots Reggae

KMT
  • I think it's ok, needs work but fair play to the man for having a go

London Calling makes for a good sample
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]It sounded great!
    Very unique.

I love how people are posting about how they never want to hear it again, but what are you doing to replace it with something "better"?
    Sweet FA thats what!

Looking forward to hearing it blasting out at the next home game!

C.A.F.C

I could give you a list of things that would be better, but the forum will probably hasnt got enough webspace
    [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]

Or preferably neither!

Please tell me that was sarcasm
  • edited February 2011
    Whoever plays the music now, please keep on playing Paul Van Dyk's song and also play sandstorm by Darude.

I am a part time DJ myself and I have created some mixes occassionally but this mix has far too many songs mixed in that short space of time. I would calm it down a bit and try and put a Charlton jingle in that mix to get the crowd going. The CAFC is a good idea though but I would change it how the fans sing it and not some random guy singing it lol
  • Never thought cafc cafc would be bettered for campness and crapness then this gem popped up...
  • It is nothing to do with accent, possibly a little to do with technology, but a lot to do with effort and diction and pace...but much too often the scores/announcements and so forth, from the wireless box or pitchside are inaudible... if a person presents themselves as an announcer then isn't their speaking voice supposed to be clear? Mind you, when the players are talking about their top five records they are appalling.
  • I guess if it achieved nothing else , it deflected our attention away from a shocking 1st half performance.
  • First time I have heard it as well.
    Can just picture every away team pissing themselves at that. Think that is up there with Fog of the Tyne by Gazza
    Fair enough that someone made the effort but I think it's embarrassing.
  • Dear me some people obviously don't like BDL! I personally have never had any problems hearing the PA and I have sat in all parts of the ground, still some people are never happy until theyhave something or someone to moan at.
  • [cite]Posted By: tom- k[/cite]First time I have heard it as well.
    Can just picture every away team pissing themselves at that. Think that is up there with Fog of the Tyne by Gazza
    Fair enough that someone made the effort but I think it's embarrassing.

If anyone wants a copy I have got several 7" picture discs of this gem POA. Picked them up in a job lot of singles when I was running a jukebox hire business.
  • Sponsored links:

• At least Fog on the Tyne restricted it's butchery to a crap song. The London Calling remix was like having cold sick dribbled into your ears while you simultaneously realise that society has broken down to such an extent that taste and decency no longer mean anything.
  • The Mix: Full marks for trying, but I'm afraid it doesn't really do it for me. I think that this sort of thing could potentially work well, but it's going to need a bit more thought. Here's my twopenny worth:
    - London Calling is not the right song. As much as we might like to think that Charlton is representative of all London, sadly it ain't. I can just imagine what the fans of Arsenal, Cheslea and Spurs might say if they hear it. Better to go with something that is more 'us'. I'd think Into The Valley would be perfect, though I can imagine Skids fans arguing against.
    - The overdubbed vocals are too loud, though personally I was ok with the dalek tube announcer voice.
    - The 'South East London' bit is too laboured. The way that the word London is stretched out Lon----don, is a clue that it's not a good fit.

Scores:Far too mumbled. I gave up trying to make them out. As someone else said good annunciation is the key. They should be read as if the purpose is for people to hear them not rattled though to get them over with.
  • I have to say that a lot of time I can't hear what is being said over the microphone, I used to assume it was my seat but I have moved and still can't really hear. I've now put it down to a poor sound system and will not be calling for it to be replaced given the recent state of finances.

But as to the 'song' at half time. OMG WTF. It was even worse than playing music after a goal. If we can't create an atmosphere then that's our own fault, you can not create one with things like this.

Londons Calling is a great CAFC song as is the Robin. So play them. Don't f**k with them.

And I am also shocked that BDL believes 7 mintues was a WTF moment, I can only assume he means it shouold have been longer? Does he have any idea how long the refereeing blunder-bus took? It was easily five minutes, I would have put it nearer ten. And then there were a couple of injuries and a few subs. I was suprised it was only 7. Please clarify your WTF BDL.
  • It was terrible and everyone around me were absolutely gobsmacked and then fell about laughing. Please do not play it ever again.
    Stick to the classical music, London Calling, Into The Valley, Ready to Go etc.
    It wasn't broke, don't try to mend it :-)
  • I likened it to walking down the street and you see a girl and she has a great face, then another girl she has a great pair of boobs, another one shes got great legs and finally a girl with a great ass walks past. Individually they are highly desirable but then another girl walks past and matches every attirbute of the previous girls but together they just don't work. I used to work with a girl like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]I likened it to walking down the street and you see a girl and she has a great face, then another girl she has a great pair of boobs, another one shes got great legs and finally a girl with a great ass walks past. Individually they are highly desirable but then another girl walks past and matches every attirbute of the previous girls but together they just don't work. I used to work with a girl like that.

Surely you would have to add, whilst having a fat, hairy man shouting CAFC really loudly at you destroying your enjoyment of said girls?
  • [cite]Posted By: DRF[/cite]
    whilst having a fat, hairy man shouting

So you've met Kap.

: - )
  • I quite like the Bryan Adams 'Gonna Win' we played at half time a good many moons ago - I know it was not universally popular but did we drop it as we couldn't get hold of the 'Gonna draw' version. Into the Valley or Valley Floyd Road should be the song we walk out to btw - we are no longer known as the Robins and it just soesn't have that spark IMO.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Covered End[/cite]It was terrible and everyone around me were absolutely gobsmacked and then fell about laughing. Please do not play it ever again.
    Stick to the classical music, London Calling, Into The Valley, Ready to Go etc.
    It wasn't broke, don't try to mend it :-)[/quote]We should do what they do at Forest and play Mull Of Kintyre as the side comes out for the second half.
  • it sounds like the sort of thing that Palace would play

what next the team announcements only saying the first name of the players and we shout the surname like the Nigels do?