Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Half Time break, couple of things

Comments

• Just to add my two-pennorth, the recording sounded like a bad-quality 'pirate' mix - probably not enhanced by the power of the Valley PA system and the awful treble tone on the slave speaker pods at the back of the Lower West. Hopefully, like the ref, a first and last appearance :-)
  • Boom Boom Chris Powell, Boom Boom Chris Powell
  • I actually liked it, i think it could catch on
  • London Calling (that was the Clash obviously) - C*A*F*C (who the hell was that - a Dalek?)

It was a weird mix BUT my young daughter thought it was great (the dalek voice) so it's fine by me!
  • I wasn't there last night, so have just listened to this for the first time.

Lose the "C A F C" and the Red Red Robin bits. Keep the "This is the Valley" and the spoken "South - East - London"/"London Calling" bits.

It has potential to replace the "O Verona" video/music, but needs some work.
  • Jive Bunny Lives!
  • Sorry, it was painful. One of those things that seemed like a good idea.
  • Can't someone do a proper remix of VFL, Red Red Robin, London Calling and Into The Valley? I know it's four very different songs, but I'm sure it will sound better than the electronic voice thing we heard last night
  • Didnt hear it was smoking in the toilets at the time ;-)
  • [cite]Posted By: adamtheaddick[/cite]Didnt hear it was feeling sick with the smell of dead animals at the time ;-)
  • Sponsored links:

• So can we agree then that, apart from Curb_It, everyone thinks it shite and BDL will be castrated if it gets anywhere near the half time speakers again.

Fair comment?
  •  
    It was worse than Carl Leaburn not scoring, I'm not kidding worse than a time I had three shits at a match before halftime, and worse that Glenn Tilbrook song about the mums and dads.
    If they play it again I may have to get onto Sony BMG and report a violation in copyright.
  • [cite]Posted By: PopIcon[/cite] 
    It was worse than Carl Leaburn not scoring, I'm not kidding worse than a time I had three shits at a match before halftime, and worse that Glenn Tilbrook song about the mums and dads.
    If they play it again I may have to get onto Sony BMG and report a violation in copyright.

I know it's Groundhog Day but that's ridiculous!
  • Totally agree with F Blocker
    With the Red Red Robin & CAFC - embarrassing, without not a bad go at one of the greatest songs ever recorded
  • Different.

Unique.

Someone has at least bothered to make an effort.

I quite liked it.
  • I liked it, I now have it as my ringtone & thank you to Bob for trying to get some kind of atmosphere going at the Valley.

You lot giving it a slating, what are you doing about improving the atmosphere at our home games?

Certainly not singing, as I had to do a double take during the first half as I didn't think there was anyone in the infamous J Block!!!!!!

And don't blame it on the players for not singing. Never stopped me singing. If it wasn't for the refs humongous mistake we'd have had no sound at all.

I mean I loathe the bouncy thing BUT at least its noise.

Put up or shut up.

Simples!

COYR!!!!!!!
  • It's absolutely terrible... please never play it again BDL, embarrassing :L
  • Just play Valley Floyd Road!
  • the C-A-F-C bit sounded like C-A-F-T
  • How did you get it as a ringtone?
  • Sponsored links:

• Someone on twitter sent it to me :-D
  • How about into the valley from skids, that went down well.
  • Its on cafc player

BDL please mate please it is horrendous sounds like a 5 year old has done it, it is terrible we will get the pish ripped from our souls

if you dont want booooing at the valley then dont play that or i reckon it will get boooooooooooed right out of the ground
  • [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]So can we agree then that, apart from Curb_It, KBls, addicted everyone thinks it shite and BDL will be castrated if it gets anywhere near the half time speakers again.

Fair comment?
  • The guy doing the C A F C was perhaps the same gentleman who says "Mind the Gep" on the Underground?

VFR should never be played, only sung.
  • Well done to those involved but frankly it doesn't get me hyper like Infinity 2008 and Jump Around previously did. If that's the aim, if it ain't broke, don't fix it!
  • It sounded great!
    Very unique.

I love how people are posting about how they never want to hear it again, but what are you doing to replace it with something "better"?
    Sweet FA thats what!

Looking forward to hearing it blasting out at the next home game!

C.A.F.C
  • I half expected to see the enraged corpse of Joe Strummer smashing his way into the booth and driving his telecaster through the announcing table in order to stop the horror.

Well done to the fella for trying, but he's defiled sacred verse.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]
    I love how people are posting about how they never want to hear it again, but what are you doing to replace it with something "better"?
    How about London Calling by the Clash? I got the single 30 years ago and surprisingly have never thought, "you know what this needs, it needs an electronic voice mumbling THE RED RED ROBIN" over any instrumental bits". I still feel like that.
  • [cite]Posted By: Bagpuss[/cite]The guy doing the C A F C was perhaps the same gentleman who says "Mind the Gep" on the Underground?

VFR should never be played, only sung.

lol he does!! Good spot.

Come on folks its a bit of fun. red red robin - mind the gap - lalalalalal.