Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

1235»

Comments

• Uboat you never gave that impression but I don't see or hear the ranting given about jimmy d being banded around.

Comedy stereo types that's what makes things funny.

All of the little Britain characters offend someone somewhere you need to just learn to enjoy what comedy you like and don't watch what you don't but remember it is just an act and not real life
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Uboat you never gave that impression but I don't see or hear the ranting given about jimmy d being banded around.

All of the little Britain characters offend someone somewhere you need to just learn to enjoy what comedy you like and don't watch what you don't but remember it is just an act and not real life

If Little Britain turned up at Charlton games then we probably would be having the discussion.
    It's not just his act that bothers me with 'Jimmy D' it is literally everything about him - attitude, public pronouncements, face, life...

It's been the one constant in my life.
  • But the only way for you to feel better about him is for him to not come to charlton games

Either that or die.

But others like myself found his comedy humorous and like the fact he is charlton.

Like I said you need to not let it bother you so much it is an act not real
  • [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]But the only way for you to feel better about him is for him to not come to charlton games

Either that or die.

But others like myself found his comedy humorous and like the fact he is charlton.

I don't think it is much of an act with Davidson.

There is an irrational element to my attitude to him - I think that's quite obvious. However, the fact remains that his association with the club depresses me.

Think of your least favourite person in the UK. Would you like to see them hanging out with the directors at games?
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]But the only way for you to feel better about him is for him to not come to charlton games

Either that or die.

Like I said you need to not let it bother you so much it is an act not real[/quote]

So because he's "charlton" that's ok? If he was a Millwall/Palace fan would that alter your perception of him?

And why the need to think that another poster who is also "charlton" should die?

At least Jim Davidson isn't Ronny Corbett...
  • [cite]Posted By: BlackForestReds[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]But the only way for you to feel better about him is for him to not come to charlton games

Either that or die.

So because he's "charlton" that's ok? If he was a Millwall/Palace fan would that alter your perception of him?

And why the need to think that another poster who is also "charlton" should die?

At least Jim Davidson isn't Ronny Corbett...

You're just being heightist now!
  • No I meant Jim d needs to die for Uboat to be happy.

And I couldn't care who Jim d supported if I found him funny I would say so.

Uboat seems more irrational about Jim d than you bfr on all your other views
  • nobody has to die
  • [cite]Posted By: ValleyGary[/cite]nobody has to die

But they will.............
  • I saw Mick Miller "die" Forex Ball about 10 years ago. And Michael Barrymore - He did our company do about 20 years ago. He was just awful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Wise words, mate. It's time to beat our swords into ploughshares.
  • Has this thread been sunk by Uboat?

(Respect to the Lifer who's family member was actually sunk by a U Boat)
  • [cite]Posted By: Chirpy Red[/cite]I saw Mick Miller "die" Forex Ball about 10 years ago. And Michael Barrymore - He did our company do about 20 years ago. He was just awful.

Michael Barrymore thread NOW. Or not.
  • Alwight At the Back

shouted to the sleepers in the East and West
  • [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: nth london addick[/cite]Uboat you never gave that impression but I don't see or hear the ranting given about jimmy d being banded around.

If Little Britain turned up at Charlton games then we probably would be having the discussion.
    It's not just his act that bothers me with 'Jimmy D' it is literally everything about him - attitude, public pronouncements, face, life...

It's been the one constant in my life.

Little Britain are allowed to get away with it because with all due respect to them, they're a couple of mincers and therefore are seen as victims themselves rather than bullies. How right or wrong that is is another matter.
  • [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]However, the fact remains that his association with the club depresses me.

If that really is the case you should get out more, i mean if someone you don't like supports the same club as you and it 'depresses' you, well words fail me!! Depression is a bad thing to some people, and you are just using this willy nilly!

I like Jim, bit of a git but who isn't/hasn't been!! Just get over it!! He is one of ours!! What a pointless thread this has turned into from CE simply saying he saw him at the game, bet some of the people giving it the biggun wasn't even there!!?? Unreal!!
  • I do find Davidson to be very funny and the fact he is a Charlton fan he gets my vote. As corny as it sounds that 'Charlton nil' gag makes me laugh everytime!
  • edited February 2011
    Also wouldn't it be funny if Davidson and Barrymore did a comedy duet. Now that I would love to see ;)
  • LOL ... this thread will not die
  • [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]LOL ... this thread will not die

Show your support for the JD thread lol!
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: stonemuse[/cite]LOL ... this thread will not die

Show your support for the JD thread lol!

I'm still in ;-)
  • Free the JD 142..., err... 143 now...
  • 144 ... freedom for JD
  • Heard our very own Jim Davidson is lined up for big brother
  • Jim was reportedly a guest at Nigel Farage's 60th Birthday bash last week .. he'll be an MP yet !!