Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++ACTION STATIONS+++LETS FILL THE GROUND FOR EXETER (Ed. 22,000+ sold)+++

edited February 2011 in General Charlton
All,

The Club is clearly making a big effort to get us ‘on the up’ again and moving in the right direction.

The £5 Exeter promotion and the attempt to fill the ground for the game is a real big step in trying to raise the Feelgood Factor to The Valley, luring back lapsed fans, and re-introducing floating fans to watching football at our ground.

Filling the ground (effectively doubling the crowd) for one game seems a tall order, and is possibly unachievable.

BUT

If every season ticket holder brought one other person then the ground would be full.

If every CL member brought three extra people, the ground would be full.

Said like that, IT IS ACHIEVABLE.

The Club are trying their best both with the offer and promoting it as much as they can. But there is a huge role that we the fans can play in this which would take literally seconds.

Just simply send an email to every lapsed fan / local football fan / someone who’s kids might fancy going to football explaining the offer and try and tempt them along. This is what i’m mailing to my friends (feel free to copy, crib something similar):

As you know Charlton have had a rough few years, but there is a big effort going on trying to get the club moving in the right direction again. Tickets for the home game against Exeter on Saturday 19th Feb (Saturday week) are just £5 for all areas. League One is hardly Barcalona v Real Madrid, but it is fantastic value considering it is £12 for a seat at Welling.

If anyone fancies coming along, or taking their kids to a game, the box office number is 0871 226 1905 or can be done online via the link below:

http://tickets.cafc.co.uk/standselect.ink?matchid=4752

if there are a few interested in going then let me know and i’m happy to sort the tickets out and get us a block together.

If everyone reading this bothered to send out an email like that, or messaged their friends on Facebook it would take a minutes effort and will reach out to thousands of people the Club can’t already get to. They won't all be interested of course, and you'll probably get a sarky remark back from the odd armchair Prem fan, but so what ? If one person decided to come and bring his boy, that's automatically increased the chances of that kid coming a fan, or the dad bringing him again.

Make it as easy as possible, make sure you include the phone number, or the email address. Or put yourself out for this one time to sort it for them. Don't let apathy or laziness dictate.

If the Club is hopefully going in the right direction again, then all of us have a part we can play. We all want to see the ground buzzing again. If we all actively get involved, then anything is achievable.

Come on, lets fill that ground again !

Comments

• we got sent about 500 leaflets at work yesterday to hand out to the kids to promote this game, think for alot of the familes in our school the chance of mum or dad taking the kids for 20 notes could work, really expecting this to be taken up by quite a few.
  • Well I've met the CL target, tried to post on Exeters 606 board but the Beeb rejected the posting for adverstising!!!
  • I am bringing four extras already....but a few others mates may be coming along too...

It would be great to get 20,000....I cant see us getting much more than that to be honest...
  • This will be my next home match, looking forward to it. I like the way the club are exploring new marketing initiatives again.

I have emailed a couple of mates who have not been for a while and they are up for it.

West Ham advertise on Talksport quite often, I wonder if we could do the same, Talksport, Radio London/Kent etc, I appreciate that the last two are BBC but if they make a story out of it the point will come accross, also are the local rags (NewsShopper, etc) running ads/stories etc.

Also make the programmes a quid for this game, people will buy them for a £1!! OK we may take a hit on the cost but we will be seen as a good value football club (again)

Good call btw AFKA
  • My son is bringing 2 mates who wouldn't normally go ... signs are good for a big crowd
  • I had 4 extras at the Yeovil game for the previous promotion of 2 x £10 tickets per season ticket holder. There are 11 coming to the Exeter game, some are ex-season ticket holders. The £5 promotion is looking good. With the big screen also working for that game, well done to the club for moving things forward again. Eliminating the banks of empty seats will add to the atmosphere in the ground.
  • I am brining four mates and badgering others to get involced, making a day of it.
  • edited February 2011
    Bringing four mates to the game who support other clubs
  • I got 4 of my Arsenal supporting mates (sorry but it's money in the till and bums on seats) coming south as Arsenal not playing, can't really say no at a fiver.
  • got 5 coming

but we arranged this backin October just glad its this game so they see a decent crowd, one Yid, 1 Gooner, 1 Chels & 2 other's
  • Sponsored links:

• I am bringing three extras, one that comes occasionally and two newbies
  • Does anyone know what the up to date figure is? was it mentioned last night?
  • as mentioned on another thread my daughter is mascot for this game and is going to be great with a bigger crowd

have 4 extra's coming at the moment.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Does anyone know what the up to date figure is? was it mentioned last night?

I think Kavanagh said that 3,500 had been sold when usually we'd be lucky to have done 500.
  • [cite]Posted By: RedArmySE7[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]Does anyone know what the up to date figure is? was it mentioned last night?

I think Kavanagh said that 3,500 had been sold when usually we'd be lucky to have done 500.

Thats good! How many season ticket holders do we have these days?
  • COME ON GUYS!!!!!!!

Good work!!
  • Think it's somewhere around 9000 - 10000 ST's.
  • I've invited a bunch, at least one is coming.
    My Palarse friend declined, I thinks its because he's afraid of crowds.
  • I cant for Exeter unfortunately... but i am bringing 6 americans who've never been to a game on the 5th.
  • [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]I've invited a bunch, at least one is coming.
    My Palarse friend declined, I thinks its because he's afraid of crowds.

PMSL
  • Sponsored links:

• wwtone, Henry, Fanny, Ashford,

is it worth sending an email out to all your branch members, reminding them of the offer and try coaxing them into bringing others ?
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]Think it's somewhere around 9000 - 10000 ST's.

I thought it was more than that....so we do we normal have about 4000 extras coming along to each game then?

I really hope we can get a big croud for this game, it would be great to see the valley nearly full...
  • Spoken to some people at work with families who might be interested. Would be great if we could get a few more ethnic minority families too. Word of mouth. should have a positive effect if we all do our bit - New manager- top of the league - excellent atmosphere - should be attractive and maybe a few would think about coming again. Will of course need to be an entertaining Charlton Victory. You get families in, you can see kids pestering their parents to go again.

Think some pre match/ half time entertainment would be good - Maybe a kids tounament (local schools) with semi finals before kick off and a final at half time. Or that Abba tribute act
  • If we do the work off the pitch and get more fans in, SCP needs to make sure he does the work on the pitch for that game at least to keep them coming!
  • Any idea how many tickets (inc ST) we have shifted for this match?
  • i normally have trouble shifting the free tickets they give out under the community scheme (they don't have to go with me if thats what you'tre thinking) but i'll see what i can do.
  • My son's a mascot. I'm coming back for the game and bringing 4 others.
  • Pete, Chicago

My son was a mascot at the Plymouth game. Hope your kids have as much fun as he did.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jints[/cite]Pete, Chicago

My son was a mascot at the Plymouth game. Hope your kids have as much fun as he did.

she is really looking forward to it, so hope she does, Chicago, may see you there on the 19th...
  • Thanks, AFKA. Very shortly people will be able to download the pdf of the flyer from the website to send to their friends, print out for noticeboards, etc, and we will be appealing for people to help at local stations 5-7pm next Tuesday. We are chipping away at this in all directions and generally we're pleased with the response so far.

It will also help us if people who normally get their tickets on a matchday and are attending Peterborough get their Exeter from the north stand ticket office this Saturday. There will be two tills for Exeter only there, cash and cards.

We will gear up for a big walk-up next Saturday and it will easier to process because of the single price, but if people can buy this weekend they will potentially save themselves time next week - and of course secure their seat.

I will come back with the latest figure tonight, but the gate is probably around the 15,000 mark at the moment. On that basis I'd be pretty hopeful we'll get to 20k.