Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++ACTION STATIONS+++LETS FILL THE GROUND FOR EXETER (Ed. 22,000+ sold)+++

Comments

• [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We're not going to have less that 23k, in my opinion. How many more is hard to tell . . .

Fantastic work Airman. Really can't wait to see the Valley with over 23,000 people in it again, it's going to be amazing.

Really hope the lads do the business on the pitch to reward all the people who have worked behind the scenes to make this a success.
  • What AFKA said, plus bear in mind the VAT.

7,600 @ £5 now. We are looking at whether we can open the Lansdowne Mews ticket office on Saturday if required.
  • AB, have you thought of re-marketing the Red Card?
  • This is already a fantastic success, and as with the Valley Express, Airman and his crew have done another excellent job, big respect all round.
    In my view the seeds planted will at wose consolidate out level of support, but more likely lead to future long-term supporters. In addition it signals to the powers that be that we do have potential. I really don't care who folk purport to 'really' support, if we get bums on seats in the ground whats not to like?
  • great news with tickets, do you think it would ever get to the point of giving us some of the jimmy seed?
  • This is brilliant news if we get to 23k, really hope we put on a great performance and win of corse as it may help to keep some of these new faces at The Valley in the future.
  • It is of course the Charlton way to win tonight comfortably for 5 out of 5 for CP, and then get a huge gate on Saturday all set up for a......defeat.
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]It is of course the Charlton way to win tonight comfortably for 5 out of 5 for CP, and then get a huge gate on Saturday all set up for a......defeat.

Haha your so right it's unreal.
  • Agree with Seth. Sowing the seeds. Eight of us coming instead of the usual 2 or 3. Seven have been before and taking one of CatJnrs friends who is 'unattached' - can't really expect him to get hooked enough to demand his Dad takes him on a 150+ mile round trip every fortnight to watch div 3 football, but in a few years time he might remember what a good time he had....
  • I'm bring a Liverpool fan and a Celtic fan.
    Neither can afford to go to those games, they can afford us though.
    Lets see if live football might sway them enough to come to a few more games this season.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: falconwood_1[/cite]I bet 90% of the lapsed ST's from the Premiership days had 'SE3' postcodes. . . .

;o)

Heh. Actually just been round Blackheath Standard and Charlton Village with a bundle for shop windows - nearly all the shopkeepers really keen and interested. Especially the barbers!

I'll do the ones on Charlton Church Lane in a bit, on my way to leaflet Charlton station - might hold a few back and take them around Greenwich tomorrow morning since I ran out of time to do those this afternoon.
  • good work Inspector. Might not seem much in the grand scheme of things, but its the 'little people' who make that bit of effort who make all the difference.
  • JTJT
    edited February 2011
    [cloggingthread] Midgets? [/cloggingthread]
  • cheers AFKA - thought it should be in front of as many local eyeballs as possible, especially as many people don't get the local papers and/or bin the council paper.

A few people had beaten me to it, so hats off to whoever got leaflets in Marnells DIY on Old Dover Road and the Kidbrooke Park Co-Op on Shooters Hill Road.

The lady in Windmill Bakery, Shooters Hill Road, requested that she be official sausage roll provider to CAFC in return, by the way... sorry Powelly.
  • Don't our club need to put a message out on TV about the five pound deal this saturday?.
  • As a season ticket holder I wouldn't mind if 4/5 games a season were £5 a go, it would keep those people who come interested over the course of the season and not just one weekend a year. It would also bring in the revenue, increase shirt sales etc
  • Can we send someone to leaflet the Medway area please, in an around the Priestfield stadium if possible.
  • wow the barbers like the leaflets--bet they will be hair today gone tomorrow.
  • Indeed GH....it's a snip at a fiver.
  • Trying to get the fringe support to attend.
  • Sponsored links:

• Definitely something for the weekend.
  • I was chatting to my West Ham mate today. We were chewing over the Olympic Stadium bid and the view of some on here that West Ham will pose a threat to our potential fan base. He, like me, was very much of the opinion that it will have little or no affect.

I told him of the Exeter promotion, and the involvement of fans in getting the message out there. He was extremely impressed. Club and Fans working together has in the past been a winning formula and we are discovering it again.

I wish I lived locally. I am coming down on Saturday and will be bringing two plus myself. I am in contact with some of my mates who live in SE London/Kent, trying to encourage them to come along. I am hopeful some more will get involved.

Real respect to all those handing out leaflets. I did some twittering last night which was fun.
  • 23k will be very good and it could be more. I doubted we'd need to open the Jimmy South Stand to home fans but it must be getting close to that.

Great to see just how much potential there is to tap into if we can get it right on the pitch and reach a higher division.

Even better to see fans working together and trying to make it happen.

I know people will praise Slater and Varney/Kavanagh and yes they played their part by being prepared to take the risk and spend the money on advertising etc but big shout to Rick for being the one to think of it, work up the proposal and drive it through.
  • does the ticket office close at 5? How'd we do today?
  • Just send a young fella handing them out at Bexleyheath station (well 45 mins ago). People he didn't have chance to pass them to were actually coming back to get them. Looked very popular.

Good work fella whoever you are.
  • CAFCofficial Charlton Athletic
    News is filtering through of yet another daily high sale of £5 Exeter tickets... (MW) #cafc #footballforafiver
    5 minutes ago Favorite Retweet Reply
  • No one at dartford train station with leaflets tonight?.Always tomorrow.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rommagic[/cite]No one at dartford train station with leaflets tonight?.Always tomorrow.

Are you volunteering? ;-)
  • opening the jimmy seed would be an excellent idea, especially for those that want a good sing song
  • No was only going past there for once but never saw any Charlton leaflets being passed out. I thought all stations 5pm-7pm always another day.