Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++ACTION STATIONS+++LETS FILL THE GROUND FOR EXETER (Ed. 22,000+ sold)+++

Comments

• Airman,
    Lets say a family of 4 come for the first time. They bring thier kids for the first time and the whole family enjoys it. It cost them £20. The parents buy the kids some food and a programme and they spend an extra £20. So all in all lets say its cost the whole family £50 for a day out.

Next home game comes and WHACK £25 for 1 adult ticket.
    I know ticket prices have to reflect a fair price for the season so that ST holders don't lose out, but with the pending sucess the £5 ticket day is hopefully going to bring, how does the club intend to keep the newcomers interested?
    I'm not for one minute knocking the £5 day, I think its a fantastic idea. I'm just intersted in how a football club plans for an event like this. Do we just hope that enough can afford the hike in price? Or do you use a long term plan in the hope that they all buy season tickets? Would be interesting to know.
  • edited February 2011
    It was just me at Charlton station - not really a roaring success* and I've come home early because it's cold and wet, frankly. But I've got some time free tomorrow and there'll be plenty of places that'll take the leaflets.

*That said, there weren't any leaflets left on Charlton Church Lane...
  • Do we know what parts of the ground are sold out now? heard the North Upper and Family quadrant has sold out. Trying to advise some first timers where to sit but don't want to recommend something they can't get hold of.
  • Over 1,500 sold today.
  • WSSWSS
    edited February 2011
    Over 18,000 home tickets have now been sold, and club is making plans to segregate the Jimmy Seed Stand (MW) http://bit.ly/eTRPXY
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]big shout to Rick for being the one to think of it, work up the proposal and drive it through.

Hear hear!!
  • lee_clayton_ Lee Clayton
    Charlton have sold 18,000 tickets for their home game v Exeter at the weekend when tickets are available for a fiver. Top work #cafc

Good shout out there for us on twitter, Lee Clayton is a top bloke!
  • Bloody hell, this thing is gaining in momentum.

Roughly 6,000 home tickets left. With the big walk up expected and still three days of sales left, could we get close to selling out the home tickets?

Great idea and blinding effort by all.
  • Well up for the Jimmy Seed if it comes to that
  • Saw a helper at Sidcup station wearing the home shirt and clutching and a handful of leaflets. LOL, the poor bloke just stood there looking absolutely petrified and failed to offer a leaflet to a single person !! Anyone on here ??
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]Saw a helper at Sidcup station wearing the home shirt and clutching and a handful of leaflets. LOL, the poor bloke just stood there looking absolutely petrified and failed to offer a leaflet to a single person !! Anyone on here ??

Ummm ........not the sort of question i expect from you AFKA!! ps not me lol
  • There match was called off tonight at 6.15 I hope that does not affect ticket sales for saturday.As long as we sell out the home stands it will be good.
  • Apparantly Tranmere are doing the same deal
  • [cite]Posted By: CAFCdamo[/cite]Apparantly Tranmere are doing the same deal

Bugger. That'll effect our gate then.
  • Not quite the same thing. They are offering free admission to a previously abandoned game -

Tranmere are offering free admission for their rearranged clash with Notts County at Prenton Park on Tuesday, April 19.

The original match was abandoned on February 5 due to a waterlogged pitch with the visitors leading 1-0.

Rovers chief executive Mick Horton said: "When the game was abandoned due to a waterlogged pitch we decided to take the opportunity to offer free admission to all supporters.
  • Loss today wouldve knocked down the crowd a bit
  • Free admission at Tranmere? Blimey. There was a Tranmere fan at Charlton station earlier waiting for his girlfriend. He wasn't keen on taking up our offer...
  • edited February 2011
    The gate is currently 18,214 plus the Exeter. There are 2,121 seats we cannot use for Charlton supporters, taking into account segregation, so we could have up to 24,990 home spectators, albeit that includes the directors' box and press gantry, which we can't sell at £5, and restricted views.

We'd need to sell 3,000 in the next three days and 3,000-plus on the day, in my view. It's a stretch, but it's not impossible.
  • Baring in mind a lot would have bought in advance, i reckon selling another 3-3,500 thousand is probably more realistic. That would take us somewhere between 22-23,000, which i think is excellent.
  • Anything about 22,000 (total crowd) would be a fantastic achievement, especially when we often only get 13 or 14k....
  • Sponsored links:

• Lot of the ground is single tickets now, just bought another 2 and could only get the very end blocks, nothing in the north upper / familly / west lower.
  • If the west lower is rammed out that will look good on TV.
    Speaking of TV i wonder if all this effort will help us get more than 15 seconds on the FLS.
  • [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]If the west lower is rammed out that will look good on TV.
    Speaking of TV i wonder if all this effort will help us get more than 15 seconds on the FLS.

That smug cow would only take the piss anyway-"Charlton having to resort to selling tickets for a fiver to get the fans in blah blah"
  • I wonder how many fans exeter are bringing? As much as I hate noisy away fans, it does added something extra to the atmoshere, especially if a few meaty challenges or a dodgy decision are thrown into the mix.
  • [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]I wonder how many fans exeter are bringing? As much as I hate noisy away fans, it does added something extra to the atmoshere, especially if a few meaty challenges or a dodgy decision are thrown into the mix.

no more than 200-300 it would seem considering we are segregating the jimmy seed.
  • I'd expect Exeter to bring between 600-1000
  • [cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd expect Exeter to bring between 600-1000

I thought we only gave then 700 in the first place, surely wouldn't give them anymore if opening the Jimmy to home fans.
  • I'd expect between 200-1500 Exeter fans
  • [cite]Posted By: nichorob[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Robert[/cite]I wonder how many fans exeter are bringing? As much as I hate noisy away fans, it does added something extra to the atmoshere, especially if a few meaty challenges or a dodgy decision are thrown into the mix.

no more than 200-300 it would seem considering we are segregating the jimmy seed.

[cite]Posted By: AFKABartram[/cite]I'd expect Exeter to bring between 600-1000

I would hope the later to be honest, especially when tickets are only a fiver.

Any updates on ticket sales so far today?
  • To clarify, we gave them an initial 700 tickets to sell at their ground. We sell the majority of our away tickets in advance because our supporters are in that habit. A lot of the smaller clubs don't sell many in advance. They have only sold about 350, but that doesn't mean very much.