Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

+++ACTION STATIONS+++LETS FILL THE GROUND FOR EXETER (Ed. 22,000+ sold)+++

Comments

• edited February 2011
    Although i use twitter i am still not that great with it, so could a super twitter user create a tweet and include all trending topics and a link to www.cafc.co.uk attach the PDF to gain attention, so all the #cafc community can all retweet it over and over.
    It could help?!
  • Yes, great if we can do this together, rather than dig at each other. Bringing 1 extra btw.
  • Seriously tempted to come back for this one, will have to see if I can bring a car full with me!
  • Where's the PDF ?
  • Have 3 Arsenal fans, 1 Man U, 4 Charlton, 1 Spurs fan and also 2 x Exeter coming with me - can anyone beat that?

Can anyone recommend a pub that can cope with a large turn out? The Royal Oak nearly fell over for the Plymouth game!
  • [cite]Posted By: AndyHuntUpFront[/cite]Have 3 Arsenal fans, 1 Man U, 4 Charlton, 1 Spurs fan and also 2 x Exeter coming with me - can anyone beat that?

Can anyone recommend a pub that can cope with a large turn out? The Royal Oak nearly fell over for the Plymouth game!

Anchor and Hope if the weather's decent.
  • [cite]Posted By: AndyHuntUpFront[/cite]Have 3 Arsenal fans, 1 Man U, 4 Charlton, 1 Spurs fan and also 2 x Exeter coming with me - can anyone beat that?

The Rose of Denmark is always rather busy on match days but I've never had to wait more than 5 minutes to be served.
  • Never too hard getting served in the lib and it's pretty cheap.
  • As well as our efforts - selling tickets on the day (which we didn't do with the £10 offer earlier in the season) and winning our next 2 could push the crowd up. Would be great if teh club could get a feature on Powell promoting the offer in the Standard in the proceeding week. Wouldn't it be great if we suprise ourselves and get 24-25K plus. If you are tempted to come along, then do and like Stu - bring a car full. What makes Charlton special are the times when the fans have to do something a bit special - here is another opportunity to do our bit .
  • edited February 2011
    Have bought 3 extra's today. Don't know who I'm bringing yet but I'm sure I'll be able to rustle up a few people
  • Sponsored links:

Probably worth informing/reminding the local pubs about this promotion, so they can be geared up for it if they so wish?
  • Not sure who to take but might find someone..COYR
  • JTJT
    edited February 2011
    Someone on 606.

Hey Addicks.. Swans fan here.

I'm staying in Walmer over the weekend of your home game against Exeter, February 19th; and I don't have enough money to make it back to Swansea for our home game against Doncaster, so I thought I'd take in a game down there. I've contemplated going to Gillingham v Bury, but many have recommended I go to Charlton instead. So, if I did decide to go a bit further to The Valley, how would I get there?

Couldn'' have timed it better. No doubt we are stealing fans from Jills for cut price League 1 Football.
  • Controversial comment this I know, but why should be wait until tickets are a fiver each to get others to come along? Hopefully these coming tomorrow will come in the future regardless of price.
  • I think many of us do but it is easier it the tickets are cheaper. The point is that some of those extra people might want to come back when it costs more than a fiver.
  • Airman do you know how many tickets Exeter city have sold so far?.
  • We don't have any information from Exeter but as of tonight the home attendance is 14,562. We sold 501 Exeter @ £5 today, which was the best day yet.

As a reminder we have slashed the comps for this game, so we start from a lower base. But if we can sell 500 plus every day next week, which I'd expect, 2,500 on the day and get 800 Exeter, that will push us over 20,000. I have no idea what we will sell for Exeter tomorrow as matchdays are an oddity, but the phones are on from 10am and there are two windows for Exeter in the north. I'd also expect a bump on Monday from the weekend online.

Personally I think we are going to do a lot better than 20,000, but let's see.
  • [cite]Posted By: Airman Brown[/cite]We don't have any information from Exeter but as of tonight the home attendance is 14,562. We sold 501 Exeter @ £5 today, which was the best day yet.

As a reminder we have slashed the comps for this game, so we start from a lower base. But if we can sell 500 plus every day next week, which I'd expect, 2,500 on the day and get 800 Exeter, that will push us over 20,000. I have no idea what we will sell for Exeter tomorrow as matchdays are an oddity, but the phones are on from 10am and there are two windows for Exeter in the north. I'd also expect a bump on Monday from the weekend online.

Personally I think we are going to do a lot better than 20,000, but let's see.

Airman - was it not cost effective/viable to sell tickets at £10 and that would allow fans into both games against Exeter and Carlise giving both games bigger crowds?
  • SE9, I think you are underestimating the difference in the appeal of £10 tickets versus £5 tickets and overestimating the appeal of a Tuesday night game against Carlisle. Also, one much bigger crowd is much more of an event that two moderately larger than usual.

Although we deliberately hedged in the £10 promotion for Yeovil to protect the revenue, the take-up was only about 1,000 seats. I accept that only season-ticket holders could buy but I still think it's a good indicator that you wouldn't get a very big hit at that price even if it was open to everyone. It's also not the only £10 offer we've run in recent years.
  • Might be worth dropping a few posters in the local shops on Charlton Church Lane/ The Village - mentioned it in the barbers just now. If you need manpower I'm happy to do it, it's only around the corner!

Blackheath rugby club regularly promote their matches at Blackheath railway station - just a poster on the side of the tea bar - might be worth doing something similar at Charlton too. (Noticed recently the announcement whenever a train comes into the station now says "alight here for Charlton football club"...)
  • Sponsored links:

• All offers of help greatly received, Inspector. Any leaflets required can be collected from the VG window tomorrow.
  • I'll come from Cornwall - I can bring my missus, my sons and me best mate! That's five!
  • Travelling back from the game tomorrow via Exeter train station, could drop leaflets there. Dilema being
    more away fans and less seats on the train home:-)
  • [cite]Posted By: Petefromcornwall[/cite]I'll come from Cornwall - I can bring my missus, my sons and me best mate! That's five!

To be fair Pete, to some in Cornwall bringing their missus, son and best mate would involve them bringing just one person!

Oggy, for example.
    ;o)
  • Airman, i ment that both games would be £5 each as long as you bought the 2 tickets. Anyway not taking away anything from this promotion, just wondered if we would lose money by doing the two games for £5 each.
  • I will be so happy if we can get over 20k... delighted...
  • Be good if someone could stick up a leaflet at bluewater.
  • edited February 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Off_it[/cite]To be fair Pete, to some in Cornwall bringing their missus, son and best mate would involve them bringing just one person!

Oggy, for example.
    ;o)

Going to have to miss the Exeter match.
  • i am bringing 6 adults 6 kids
  • Let's hope the ticket sales for next saturday are really good today.