Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today is the day Jose finally scores at the Valley

smsm
edited February 2011 in General Charlton
You heard it here first!

Comments

• lets hope!
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]You heard it here first!

Jose, is that you? Stop talking about yourself in the third person!
  • [cite]Posted By: Saga Lout[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: semedo[/cite]You heard it here first!

Jose, is that you? Stop talking about yourself in the third person!

Must be, look at his user name .....!

;o)
  • Or maybe not...!
  • didnt even have a shot did he

what a great defensive midfielder Jose is absolutely top draw
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]You heard it here first!

How's that humble pie tasting sm? :-0
  • Oh...you liar !
    ;-)
  • Oh ye of little faith - as some of you may have noticed the great man was a little busy at the back today and being a sensitive soul he was more than a little upset by referee being in such pain (Copyright: the Alan Pardew Bumper Book of Excuses). But can definitely feel someting in my bones - and the goal we all want is coming soon!
  • Apologies for getting the vibes mixed up - I think the big man was a little bit upset about being nutmegged by some pipsqueak from Peterborough. But the vision was crystal clear last night and today is the day!
    Large crowd, opera singer the stage is all set.

A uns morrem as vacas, a outros parem os bois.
  • he'll never score ... he can't strike a ball properly ..... maybe a blocked tackle will fly into the net!
  • Sponsored links:

• Needs to get further forward than the centre cirlce first
  • Today is the Day!
  • WHEN he scores I will sh*t myself with sheer joy.
  • Some of us have already seen him score ;-)
  • I've got a feeling tonight is the night! Having missed one against Exeter Jose has now got his eye in.

"Água mole em pedra dura, tanto bate até que fura."
  • [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]WHEN he scores I will sh*t myself with sheer joy.
    ???
  • [cite]Posted By: Friend Or Defoe[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: EastStand[/cite]WHEN he scores I will sh*t myself with sheer joy.
    ???

I love that man.
  • Which brings us nicely back to the toilet roll argument.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll never score ... he can't strike a ball properly ..... maybe a blocked tackle will fly into the net!

this
  • It will have to be a deflection of some sort
  • Sponsored links:

• I think Tranmere is the game, he only ever scores against Tranmere B-)
  • [cite]Posted By: BigRedEvil[/cite]I think Tranmere is the game, he only ever scores against Tranmere B-)

The stupid thing is, the way he took that goal against Tranmere had all the hallmarks of a quality box-to-box midfielder - a well timed run beyond the target man, a good first touch to receive the flick on, strength to hold off the covering defender and a cool finish into the bottom corner. I think that one moment shows he's got it in him, but it's been buried deep again ever since. I think he should be played a video of it repeatedly until it sticks in his head that he can do it in the hope he'll stop panicking everytime he gets inside the opposition half with the ball at his feet.
  • The problem is that he doesn't have a shot on him and rarely gets into the sort of position he was in against Tranmere due to his role in the team. Can't see it myself.
  • He's saving himself for the 85th minute in the play-off final...
  • [cite]Posted By: MuttleyCAFC[/cite]The problem is that he doesn't have a shot on him and rarely gets into the sort of position he was in against Tranmere due to his role in the team. Can't see it myself.

I agree, it's probably getting a bit too late now to try an convert him into anything other than a spoiler, it's all about finding the right balance in the rest of the midfield so it doesn't matter what that Jose doesn't do much attacking. I still think with the right encouragement, coaching and tactical set-up he could be more like a Keith Jones type player but it won't happen overnight.
    [cite]Posted By: Weegie Addick[/cite]He's saving himself for the 85th minute in the play-off final...

I may do something unspeakable in my pants if that happens.
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]I've got a feeling tonight is the night! Having missed one against Exeter Jose has now got his eye in.

"Água mole em pedra dura, tanto bate até que fura."
    Fantastic, do you think you'll get this feeling every week until it does happen?
  • I think he will score today 30 yard screamer!!!!!!!!
  • He could not score in a brothel
  • Think this thread is gonna run and run...............