Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today is the day Jose finally scores at the Valley

Comments

• edited March 2011
    he should be dropped he plods about in midfield doing *** he dont create he doesnt go forward and he definately doesnt score goals, guess that makes him out to be be the great midfielder everyone sings about .
  • Oh well the spring of eternal optimism has almost run dry and the cat is in hiding for fear of another kicking. But the vision last night was crystal clear (or at least the glass i saw it through was) today is the day when Jose will call all the tunes both on and off the pitch. Our man from Stetubal who deeply and passionately dislikes the Isle of Dogs franchise team than spoil the view on the approach to Waterloo station is clearly out to make amends for the "pilha fumegante de merda" we have seen at the Valley in recent times.

Don't ask me why but you know what they say about waiting ages for a bus.

Boogica - just a guess but I suspect that you don't believe in Father Christmas either.
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]Oh well the spring of eternal optimism has almost run dry and the cat is in hiding for fear of another kicking. But the vision last night was crystal clear (or at least the glass i saw it through was) today is the day when Jose will call all the tunes both on and off the pitch. Our man from Stetubal who deeply and passionately dislikes the Isle of Dogs franchise team than spoil the view on the approach to Waterloo station is clearly out to make amends for the "pilha fumegante de merda" we have seen at the Valley in recent times.

Don't ask me why but you know what they say about waiting ages for a bus.

Boogica - just a guess but I suspect that you don't believe in Father Christmas either.

SM i would love to see semedo score but i really dont think its gonna happen not today anyway if he does i will gladly by you a pint ,yes ive had a pop at him because as a central midfield player he gets a nose bleed when he gets in the oppositions box, in this division i personally feel holding midfield players are a waste of time especially at home ,maybe we should play him at centre half apparently thats what we bought him for,and play johnnie jackson in the middle of the park .
  • No he won't.
  • [cite]Posted By: boogica[/cite]

SM i would love to see semedo score but i really dont think its gonna happen not today anyway if he does i will gladly by you a pint ,yes ive had a pop at him because as a central midfield player he gets a nose bleed when he gets in the oppositions box, in this division i personally feel holding midfield players are a waste of time especially at home ,maybe we should play him at centre half apparently thats what we bought him for,and play johnnie jackson in the middle of the park .

Racon/Semedo in the middle is too defensive yet we still seem to concede loads of goals. A more attacking central mid might take the pressure off, but Jackson in the middle? Not so sure but might as well try it today!
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll never score ... he can't strike a ball properly ..... maybe a blocked tackle will fly into the net!

this

Is it acceptable to 'this' your own point?
  • Has he scored yet?
  • I really think the man love for the man has to stop. I have been part of it in the past but am starting to wonder if his limitations has a significant impact on us
  • edited March 2011
    He passed the the ball sideways and backwards 95% of the time as usual. I was paying special attention to him.
    However, he did pass the ball forwards a few times and although in general the passes didn't always come off, they were decent attempts. I see no reason why he shouldn't try to be more positive.
  • [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: oohaahmortimer[/cite]he'll never score ... he can't strike a ball properly ..... maybe a blocked tackle will fly into the net!

this

this
  • Sponsored links:

• ........ and that.
  • Yep. He can't strike a ball. Bizarre !
  • said he wouldnt score .
  • Average player in an average team in a below average league.
  • This one could run and run ... bit like Jose.
  • If he's as shit as half of you seem to think then we surely won't miss him when he's gone.........
  • we bought him to play at centre half and yes he has been very consistent but he doesnt give us anything going forward id try him at centre half couldnt do any worse ,but we really need someone in the middle of the park who can make us play and im sorry to say it but jose isnt that man .
  • edited March 2011
    I don't think he's shit. In fact I really rate Jose. It just for a footballer playing in what is a top third relatively high scoring team albeit in tier three I cannot understand how he doesn't score the odd goal even by accident. Perhaps it's because he's a centre half really. Oh wait. Llera, Docherty and even Dailly have scored more. Solly has scored more. Fry, Macca and have scored more.
  • By your theory Makelele was shit with only 2 goals in his career

JVS stops a lot of attacks even starting. If we need more attacking impetus we should maybe look to his CM partner to do that
  • edited March 2011
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]By your theory Makelele was shit with only 2 goals in his career

JVS stops a lot of attacks even starting. If we need more attacking impetus we should maybe look to his CM partner to do that

Makelele actually scored 19 goals in his career, so only 18 more for Jose to reach those dizzy heights, but I take your point. The problem with Jose (and Makelele) is trying to fit them into a team that wants to play two up top, especially in a straight 4-4-2. Saturday was a great example of the problem as Jose played virtually the whole match as an additional central defender, especially (confusingly) when we were in possesion of the ball. He often drops back into the space between the defenders and rarely gets involved as we try to attack. This could be seen (as I do) as covering for the advancing full backs, but it always leaves us with a massive hole in the middle of the park and we therefore lack any creativity or people getting into the box (other than the forwards) from those central areas. It's definately NOT a case of finding the right partner, because no player on earth can control and command the centre of the park on his own. The problem is the system IF you want Semedo to play as a "midfielder" (I use the term lightly, because he is effectively a defender).
    That is why there is a call to remove him from the "midfield" all together as some can clearly see how lacking we are in the centre of the park, especially in the middle and forward third. If we want Semedo to continue to play the role he now plays and continue with two central defenders, then we need to change the system (which Parky did on occasions, especially away with much success). That system works for certain teams (teams with Makelele in are good examples) but it isn't easy on the eye, although it does get results. Not sure Powell wants to play that system and has prefered 4-4-2 thus far, if he continues with that, then the current problems will continue unless he changes Semedo's role. For me, I want to see 4-4-2 played properly (i.e. not having one of the central midfielders play in central defense) and would therefore like to see Jose play as a straight centre back and allow us to play two (new) players in the middle of the park, ones who can do the lot, box to box, defend/attack, tackle/shoot, pick a pass, make a run into forward spaces and who's mileage is greater than anyone else on the park.
  • Sponsored links:

• I have it on good authority that tomorrow will be the day that someone comes on here and claims that, today [tomorrow] will be the day that Jose finally scores at The Valley.
  • [cite]Posted By: Stig[/cite]I have it on good authority that tomorrow will be the day that someone comes on here and claims that, today [tomorrow] will be the day that Jose finally scores at The Valley.
    You are right, I just heard from a friend who works at the club (can't divulge) he will defo score today get on the 25/1 bus
  • Strangely enough I have had no visions or dreams overnights or any feelings about the matter - so on that basis it is bound to happen today. I hope Chrissy is as good at this reverse psychology game.

Come on Jose - commeth the hour commeth the man as they say. Boy do we need cheering up!
  • Essa é a noite. Não se preocupe, seja feliz! Vá José.
  • Today is the day Jose finally scores at the Valley... with a WAG.
  • Today is the day he turns around and says 'Actually, I don't have many strong feelings either way when it comes to Millwall, it's the stripey ones I can't stand, but that doesn't fit the rhyme.'
  • Today is the day Jose passes forwards
  • Never mind Jose, is there Hose B? We could do with him if there is!
  • [cite]Posted By: JT[/cite]Today is the day Jose passes forwards

More chance of passing out!
  • ............and on.............and on........