Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today is the day Jose finally scores at the Valley

124»

Comments

• Hes a rock . But he can be clumsy when it comes to passing . I think semedo is a true footballer, and loves charlton just as much as we all do . Unlike most of the clowns who are wearing the red shirt .
  • Absolutely love the bloke...
  • semedo should add more to his game all this shite about he is a holding midfield player is total b---ocks to me ,he plays in the middle of the park today he showed if you move your arse into the oppositions box you could reap the benefits ,he does well tackling and breaking up play but as he did today id love to see him getting in the box more often.
  • love his commitment and passion but can't see him being in a starting 11 for us if we're going to get promoted next year. be great if we could try him at central defence as we need players with his passion. like him to stay but as a squad player if not centre half.
  • AMAZING!!!

Couldn't believe it when he scored, great reaction, even after the full time whistle it seemed like every member of staff went up to him 1 by 1 to congratulate him. Great reaction and showed true passion, think its clear for all to see he loves this club.

Reminded me of the feeling when Powell scored in the last game of the season game v Coventry. Great moment.
  • As if anyone knows how much Jose earns! What a joke.

He is a beast, i love his passion.
  • What an amazing day, Semedo had definite tears, dabbed his eyes with his shirt and went down on his haunches right after, looked like he was praying.

So glad he scored, it would have been rubbish if he didn't score at The Valley before he leaves. Now, if he does leave in the summer, then he has fulfilled one of my wishes, a Semedo goal at the covered end.

I wouldn't care if we gave him a new contract and he was on 10k a week, just seeing him score has made up for the crushing disappointment from the past 6 weeks alone.

I for one will be putting his name down for Player Of The Year, he hasn't been our best player this season but he's one of the few players who genuinely looks like he's proud to wear our shirt.
  • Him, Racon and Youga make up a far to larger proportion of our wage bill, I'm happy if they stay, but they all need to be on League 1 money, not top of the Championship as they are now
  • after all his celebrations of the goal to watch him to go down in tears stirred some tears up in the north west too. How often do you see that? He was genuinely overjoyed to score for his club.

Well done Jose... think you might have won a few player of the year votes for that display of passion.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]Him, Racon and Youga make up a far to larger proportion of our wage bill, I'm happy if they stay, but they all need to be on League 1 money, not top of the Championship as they are now[/quote]

totally agree, they need to get real, but if they do they could and I say COULD be involved in a big part of our future history.
  • Sponsored links:

• [cite]Posted By: Jarman[/cite]As if anyone knows how much Jose earns! What a joke.

He is a beast, i love his passion.

He earns 6k a week but he's still not the highest earner at the club. .
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Bexley Dan[/cite]love his commitment and passion but can't see him being in a starting 11 for us if we're going to get promoted next year. be great if we could try him at central defence as we need players with his passion. like him to stay but as a squad player if not centre half.[/quote]
    Your kidding? he would walk into any team in this division, by far my favourite player since Bent left wears his heart on his sleeve can't ask for much more! I'll sing his name for years to come.
  • Somes him up from his celebration. Passion for our club will win the fans over. Got a lot of man love for jose. I think we need 2 new cente mids next season but really don't want to see Jose go so I'm hoping we try him a cb.
  • Loved it. Absolutely loved it.
  • Great performance. Great goal. Great emotional celebration. Wonderful stuff.
  • Was not so long ago CP said he would love 11 Semedos in the team after the Colchester game.

It's amazing how bad players become after a few bad weeks. Jose was one of our players of the year last season and we missed out on automatics by a few points, he also had better players around him. He also looked like the only player not totally out of place when we played Spurs. I agree he will probably need a pay cut but I hope he's still here next season.
  • Clem_Side - just leave the cynical stuff for in the week please.

Today is about Jose. Let him have his moment. A player who actually loves this club right now.

Great moment today
  • Both Powell and Semedo mentioned after the game that they're working to change Jose's role in the side to more of a general box-to-box midfielder.

Chris said something along the lines of "Why can't Jose have a go at goal from time to time? No-one will be tracking him, so why not?"

More to come tonight on Charlton Live with the interviews from both, and written articles up on News Shopper website tomorrow.
  • Player of the year?
  • I will be completely gutted if he leaves
  • Sponsored links:

• Love the bloke but 11 Semedos - well we wouldn't score too many!!!!
  • One of the reasons he scored was Stewart. Not just the peach of a cross he put in but MS sat in what has been Jose's role and the Man push up replacing Parrett.

Hence being at the far post, something we too rarely see from any Charlton player.

And Jarman, it is 6k pw as it was stated as such at the EGM in September.

Very pleased for him and glad he showed so much emotion. I still wouldn't count on him being here next season.
  • [cite]Posted By: Henry Irving[/cite]One of the reasons he scored was Stewart. Not just the peach of a cross he put in but MS sat in what has been Jose's role and the Man push up replacing Parrett.

Hence being at the far post, something we too rarely see from any Charlton player.

And Jarman, it is 6k pw as it was stated as such at the EGM in September.

Very pleased for him and glad he showed so much emotion. I still wouldn't count on him being here next season.

Someone coming in on the back post is something we have missed with Jackson being out.

Good to see Semedo's love for the club, hopefully that scotches the rumours that have started up on addicted.net