Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Today is the day Jose finally scores at the Valley

Comments

• Jose semedo last season brilliant
    Most of the rest of his charlton career a waste of time
  • edited March 2011
  • Today - Jose was very sorry that he missed the chance at the back post last time at the Valley - but those who notice these things will notice that he is slowly conquering his fear of going into the opposition penalty area.
  • WHAT AN AMAZING THREAD
  • Get in there jose you beauty
  • I think he'll score today
  • [cite]Posted By: sm[/cite]Today - Jose was very sorry that he missed the chance at the back post last time at the Valley - but those who notice these things will notice that he is slowly conquering his fear of going into the opposition penalty area.

You must be some kind of oracle, out of nowhere you got this prediction right. ;-)
  • good boy Jose sounded like he got really emotional after scoring
  • edited April 2011
    Semedo, wooaah, semedo, wooaah, he comes from Portugal, he fuckin hates millwall. If he can score we can do anything! Hat trick next week Jose
  • you are physic what a call!!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• And we finally have the goal scoring midfielder we've been hunting for! Well, maybe.
  • Woy OY!!! Well done Jose! Well done Addicks!!

Just got back from seeing Truro City FC muller Leamington Spa 7 - 2 - couldn't believe it when I saw the result!! At last a great result - we've turned the corner!

COYR!
  • YES - time to celebrate! SEMEEEDOOOOH!

And to think I nearly wasn't able to post this morning!
  • PeanutsMalloy move aside, there is a new prediction man in town
  • Could anyone say how he reacted when he scored?
  • He got a bit emotional I think, just kept puunching the air and everyone bar Elliot congratulated him.

Good to see, he's been getting a bit of criticism on here in recent weeks but I still think he is one of our better players and someone we should be looking to get a new contract.
  • He cried and almost passed out through the emotion - he reacted just like I (as a fan) would have done if I had just scored in front of the North stand
  • I was in the NE corner family stand and he came over to the corner flag and looked very emotional, tears of joy perhaps, or relief!
  • definate tears
  • I SAW SEMEDO SCORE!!!

though this should really be in the 'your not proper charlton...' thread!?
  • Sponsored links:

• I think in many respects it's a shame that Jose's time at Charlton has coincided with one of our worst spells as both club and team. It's obvious the man has a genuine feeling for the club and is well liked by the fans. Think he could have and perhaps still might have been a real Charlton legend if he had played for us in better times. I think he would have thrived under AC.
  • Don't like to be a profit of doom, but that was the reaction of a man with a genuine affinty for the club who might just have an inkling that he won't be here next season.
  • How many other players weve had in the last few years would get that emotional over scoring? Someone started a thread a while back questioning why he had become so popular amongst the fans, theres your answer - he actually cares about this club.
  • To me he shows the passion of a true legend, he will always be a legend to me.
  • [quote][cite]Posted By: Clem_Snide[/cite]Don't like to be a profit of doom, but that was the reaction of a man with a genuine affinty for the club who might just have an inkling that he won't be here next season.[/quote]

I thought that Clem , maybe like a changing of the guard when Stewey came on , made Jose upp his game?

Jose def looked like tears in his eyes
  • If he takes a massive pay cut he can stay, and yeah he probably does care, but I don't anyone can justify the money he's on
  • i think he would take a pay cut to stay i think the modern day footballer needs to realise there isn't the money around any more.
  • [cite]Posted By: Rothko[/cite]If he takes a massive pay cut he can stay, and yeah he probably does care, but I don't anyone can justify the money he's on
    He's said to be on about £6k a week, average wage was £2k at the start of the season, but that'll surely go up over the summer. If we carry on paying that as the average wage we won't get much better than last summers signings.
  • Contracts will be interesting next year.

Personally think we will see wages around 3-4k per week with bonuses for promotion and guarenteed increases if promoted.

Wouldn't assume Jose will take a pay cut. If he does, all well and good. If he doesn't I think Stewart will step in.
  • my little boy said he would score today and i just took no notice ,but anyway well done jose its amazing what could happen when you get in the box should try it more often.