Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

The Football League show

124»

Comments

• From what I hear it won't be around much longer anyway as the Beeb have not taken up the option of continuing after this season.
  • [cite]Posted By: philcafc[/cite]From what I hear it won't be around much longer anyway as the Beeb have not taken up the option of continuing after this season.

Has anyone else taken it up?
  • [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: philcafc[/cite]From what I hear it won't be around much longer anyway as the Beeb have not taken up the option of continuing after this season.

I think it's one more season of the BBC then it is going to Sky
  • Probably shouldn't say this, but that Lizzie woman was basically right, prophetic even, when she suggested that we all calm down. Maybe if we'd listened the last few months wouldn't have been so depressing.
  • Would be a shame if the FLS did not return next season or the season after. Despite it's faults, actually enjoy the show and nice to see the whole FL get some decent coverage and be able to see all the goals.
  • [cite]Posted By: wwaddickson[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: Kap10[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: philcafc[/cite]From what I hear it won't be around much longer anyway as the Beeb have not taken up the option of continuing after this season.

I think it's one more season of the BBC then it is going to Sky

Oh no! Please don't let Sky have it.
  • [cite]Posted By: Uboat[/cite]Probably shouldn't say this, but that Lizzie woman was basically right, prophetic even, when she suggested that we all calm down. Maybe if we'd listened the last few months wouldn't have been so depressing.
    Which is why the BBC are planning to launch a daily prime-time show called "Listen to Lizzy" in which our heroine sits on a desk and various uninformed members of the public text her knee jerk reactions about the issues of the day and Lizzy reads them out and occasionally pipes up with her own insights about them or hands them onto studio experts like Steve Claridge.

"John from Barnsley thinks the credit crunch is at an end because his local Boots was busy this afternoon and wants to know what Steve thinks of the macro economic outlook".
    "Well Lizzy, it's going to be difficult, with interbank rates remaining high and dented consumer confidence."
  • Classic Mr.Mc - I salute you...
  • very good Mr Mac !