Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

arsenal vs barca

Comments

• Options
    Hate to admit it, but this Arsenal team played a great game of football tonight against the team I regard as the best in club football!

I will have to speak to my brother who is a life long gooner, so will expect the usual 'verbal kicking'.......

That aside, both sides played some magical stuff. The precise passing was some of the best I have seen!

Wenger's boys came of age last night!......still do not like there fan's though!
  • Options
    Ken I dread to think how depressed you must feel after conversing with your brother about your respective teams ;-)
  • Options
    I disagree that Wengers boys came of age, it was a great match and both played outstanding football

Any Arsenal Fan that does not admit they done a smash and grab on Barca are liars.

Messi had a goal disdallowed and the pen that wasnt given was a scandle

Arsenal shouldve been dead and buried at 3 nil there wouldve been no way back

Arsenal tactically got it right by pressuring the ball like they did bu Barca tired and Arsenal took advantage but Van Pursie did not mean for that to go in it was a ball due to go across the goal with pace and any sort of knock couldve sent it in

Fair play to them i wont say that very often but the result was better than the performance and they got more out of the game than they deserved
  • Options
    edited February 2011
    NLA you seem to have summed up perfectly the match I watched last night.

The media frenzy today about it was absolutley OTT including the Daily Gooner doing a 5 page spread and basking in it in the manner the Daily Mail would if Diana rose from the grave to slay immigrant muslim benefit scroungers.

Fair play Arsenal on a great result but just wish the media would chill their boots a bit. A top class team in Arsenal,containing some world class players nicked a win against Barcelona. In one leg. At home. It's hardly Ronnie Radford against Necastle.
  • Options
    I actually thought the arse had the better openings and chances over the 90mins.

If Arsenal threw away a 1-0 in the Prem like that (being technically superior, with possession but not taking chances), they'd get slated...
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]in the manner the Daily Mail would if Diana rose from the grave to slay immigrant muslim benefit scroungers.

I actually did laugh out loud
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: RodneyCharltonTrotta[/cite]The media frenzy today about it was absolutley OTT including the Daily Gooner doing a 5 page spread and basking in it in the manner the Daily Mail would if Diana rose from the grave to slay immigrant muslim benefit scroungers.
    England's Zombie Rose. Or is that too subtle?
  • Options
    Anyone got a decent stream for this tonight??
  • Options
    Messi's goal...beautiful from Iniesta, and then the lift over Almunia from Messi...on first view I thought he mucked it up and lost control, then on the replay shows he meant it. Wonderful.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    That was summit else
  • Options
    absolute class from Messi, he meant that little flick over the keeper

oh and I've done Messi and 3-1 @ 25/1, cheeky fiver.....you never know now !
  • Options
    Glad Barca have finally scored, as Arsenal have to come out of their own half now. The bendy bus has left the camp nou.
  • Options
    need the gooners to equalise early on I think, make it very interesting
  • Options
    Unbelievable stupidity punished by sublime skill. Genuinely very few players who would have been able to finish that chance in that manner.
  • Options
    People can say that they think Messi is overrated but IMO its hard to see why when he pulls things like that out every single week.
  • Options
    this is his 40th game this season and that was his 44th goal !
  • Options
    Smash and Grab!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Elthamaddick[/cite]need the gooners to equalise early on I think, make it very interesting

game on, come on Barca...;o)
  • Options
    Bloody Hell....Barca have to score themselves to give arsenal a goal.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Lol. Van Persie you idiot.
  • Options
    Absolute joke sending off. RVP isn't my favourite character in world football but he's very unlucky to have been booked for either of those offences, let alone both and be sent off.
  • Options
    unlucky for the second maybe, but he could have been sent off for the first. Plus the ref didn't see him stud Messi in the first half either.
  • Options
    Didn't do a lot for the first booking either imo, Barca player made something of nothing and the ref bought it.
  • Options
    Koscielny's face says it all aftre that penalty award - not sre Arsenal have any idea what to do with Barca. Can't remember that last time I saw a side looking quite this rampant.
  • Options
    Well done D, enjoy your winnings.
  • Options
    Graeme Souness " best club side ever'......

not sure about that , but they made Arsenal look like a pub side at times....... where is the phone my brother is going to get an earful!

still there is always next year, or the next decade!, to win some silver eh!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: ken from bexley[/cite]Graeme Souness " best club side ever'......

Very difficult to verify a claim like that, but given that footballers are as physically tuned as they've ever been - it's hard to imagine a side that will have been much better than Barca. It's not just about their ability to pass the ball and pick apart even packed defences - their workrate off the ball is phenominal, there's always at least 2, usually 3 or 4 players moving to make themselves available and Arsenal are one of the best passing sides in Europe, but their technique just crumbled under the relentless pressing.

It was a bit of a masterclass, even allowing for the fact Arsenal can be a bit of a soft touch at times and had a man disadvantage for much of the second half.
  • Options
    Arsenal did not have a shot on target and only had TWO touches in Barca's penalty area compared to their opponents 47.
    Barca made over 700 passes, Arsenal 200 odd.

Arsenal - Great young side, gonna win everything one year..................Well - Not this year!
  • Options
    Watched this game with an armchair Arsenal fan tonight who was close to tears at the end. (what a bell end)

Think he nearly hit me when I was checking scores on a very slow phone and joked- "my phone says it is still 0-0 so maybe it still is"