Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Film you've ever seen

Comments

• Options
    ross1 said:

I haven't read all comments, but unless someone else mentioned it, "The Charlton 2015/16 highlights"

There's a movie on Sky Cinema called Four Corners. I don't know what it's about, but it could be confused with last season's highlights

• Options
    'The Family Stone' with Sarah Jessica Parker and Dermot Mulrooney is absolute dog shit. I think it lasted twenty minutes or so, before I pulled the plug.
  • Options
    Saw David Brent: Life on the Road on Saturday. Gervais gives an excellent performance as the idiot that is David Brent. However, I can't see the case for making the film of the idiot that is David Brent so that makes it one of the worst films I've seen.

One more thing, I think it's supposed to be a comedy but I recall laughing just the once and tittering once - on that basis it's funnier than Austin Powers but then a pile-up on the motorway with multiple casualties is funnier than Austin Powers.
  • Options
    Pirates of the Caribbean after the first film... Number two wasnt bad but Number three just got silly and havent watched them since.

Batman and Robin with Arnie playing Dr Freeze and Uma Thurman playing Poison Ivy, some of the lines they'd come out with were cringe worthy and the Bane from that film compared to Chris Nolan's is just a joke!!
  • Options
    Two that spring to mind for me...

- Revolver (A Jason Statham load of toilet)
    - Sphere (mid-90s film starting Dustin Hoffman & Sharon Stone I think. Awful)
  • Options
    I remember an "are you being served" film ...
  • Options
    skywalker said:

I remember an "are you being served up" film starring Roger Johnson

• Options
    Moon 44
    The Core
  • Options
    Unfriended
  • Options
    Enemy with Jake Gyllenhall, weird weird film.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Remember watching The Royal Tenanbaums when it first came out on dvd and turning it off after an hour (and I never turn off films usually). Complete and utter shite.
  • Options

Saw David Brent: Life on the Road on Saturday. Gervais gives an excellent performance as the idiot that is David Brent. However, I can't see the case for making the film of the idiot that is David Brent so that makes it one of the worst films I've seen.

One more thing, I think it's supposed to be a comedy but I recall laughing just the once and tittering once - on that basis it's funnier than Austin Powers but then a pile-up on the motorway with multiple casualties is funnier than Austin Powers.

Seems pretty clear that you don't think the David Brent film is the 'Worst film you've ever seen' seeing as you immediately named another film you clearly thought was worse...
    :smiley:
  • Options
    2001, A Space Odyssey
  • Options
    Just seen Continuum with Gillian Anderson and Hayley Joel Osman

Pile of crap.
  • Options
    If managed to put Face Off entirely out of my mind until now and you've ruined it.

Now j wasn't a huge fan of scientologist start-up L Ron Hubbard's books back in the day but I thought they were OK in a sort of Brave New World, Dune light kind of way.

This film though was so apparently shite from the word go I haven't even watched it, so it probably shouldn't even be on the list.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battlefield_Earth_(film)
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

Trois couleurs: Rouge

Haven't seen it for years but this film probably made a Kieslowski fan.

Mine is probably 9 Songs - Sex Perv Shit
  • Options
    MrOneLung said:

Just seen Continuum with Gillian Anderson and Hayley Joel Osman

Pile of crap.

My film! SORRY!
  • Options
    A year or two ago took my daughter to see a film called Earth to Echo. Think it was bit of an E.T copy. Was largely filmed using mobile phones to give it a a 'modern' edge. I had to close my eyes as all the jumpy movement gave me motion sickness - add that to the terrible storyline and that's an hour and a half I'll never get back!
  • Options

Remember watching The Royal Tenanbaums when it first came out on dvd and turning it off after an hour (and I never turn off films usually). Complete and utter shite.

The Darjeeling Limited and Life Aquatic are just as bad. Wes Anderson movies are such smug, self-important shit. The Hotel one was a bit better but you have to cut through the bullshit to enjoy Ralph Fiennes in it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    1StevieG said:

My daughters are watching Pixels and they got me to watch a bit.
    How does Adam Sandler get money to make films? This is just toe curlingly bad. Awfull, unfunny, embarassing. Wreck it Ralph was a great film based on eighties videos. This one is dire.

I saw this a while back and I wondered how Sandler keeps making movies. It is truly awful and some of the jokes were about as funny as having piles.

The first and last film I gave up on after half an hour was Kick Ass 2.
    Pixels made about $116m. The reason Sandler gets to keep making movies is because he is incredibly bankable when he does silly films. He tried to do drama film recently in Men, Women and Children and it binned about $14m. Just before that, despite being one of the worst films ever made, Jack & Jill made more than $70m. Reign Over Me, a genuinely excellent film where he plays an affecting dramatic role made about £2m. Punch-Drunk Love which was made by Paul Thomas Anderson and critics loved - particularly for Sandler's performance - just barely avoided making its budget back. Grown-Ups 2 made $167m.

I actually can't get annoyed at Adam Sandler for his films because he almost doesn't have a choice. He's shown that he can actually do dramatic roles, it's just no-one really wants to see them. On the other hand, when he goes 'eeeeeeuhhhh' and punches people in the throat and then slips in cat shit he makes enough money to buy a small island. He does the arty projects he wants to do every so often and then makes his studio millions of dollars
  • Options
    I must be the only person who thought Gravity was over indulgent twiddle (actually I'm not, my wife thought it was crap too).
  • Options

I must be the only person who thought Gravity was over indulgent twiddle (actually I'm not, my wife thought it was crap too).

It probably was, but it was also reasonably entertaining and decent in IMAX! Can't be called the worst film.
  • Options

Two that spring to mind for me...

- Revolver (A Jason Statham load of toilet)
    - Sphere (mid-90s film starting Dustin Hoffman & Sharon Stone I think. Awful)

I remember watching Revolver. I would agree, one of the worst films I have ever seen.

I think The Perfect Storm is possibly the worst film I have ever seen at the cinema.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:

The Darjeeling Limited and Life Aquatic are just as bad. Wes Anderson movies are such smug, self-important shit. The Hotel one was a bit better but you have to cut through the bullshit to enjoy Ralph Fiennes in it.
    The critics absolutely drool about Wes Anderson films . I can't stand them especially Grand Budapest Hotel.
    I think it's a case of emperors new clothes and one day they will realise that they have all been had.
  • Options
    They probably don't actually count as a "worst film" but anything by Anthony Minghella (RIP) is mind-numbingly boring. (Sorry Loretta if you're looking in...). The English Patient 12 Oscar nominations and 9 wins. Just no.

I should explain that I know his sister, Loretta. His family make very nice ice cream.
  • Options

Gravity is an astonishing piece of filmmaking. Sure, it plays fast and loose with the rules of science, but it isn't a documentary, it's a popcorn action movie. What exactly was it that made you think it was over-indulgent?

There are some movies where I understand why people don't like them (usually a suspension of disbelief thing like, say, Cloverfield Lane) but Gravity... I don't understand why people don't appreciate how good it is. Technically brilliant, utterly thrilling and with an amazing score, some of the best special effects we've ever seen, and a rare blockbuster that wasn't based on a book, game, comic, cartoon or board game.

• Options
    Worst film I saw at the cinema in recent years is the new Godzilla.

So much confused laughter.

What summed it up for me was a nuclear silo in the middle of the desert is broken into by godzilla, whole wall ripped out, carnage.....yet they only realise in the morning the nuclear module has been taken. No alarms or a slight tremor......garbage film.

Also bryan Cranston killed off in the first 1/3 of it.....ridiculous.
  • Options
    Fiiiiiish said:

Worst film I saw at the cinema in recent years is the new Godzilla.

So much confused laughter.

What summed it up for me was a nuclear silo in the middle of the desert is broken into by godzilla, whole wall ripped out, carnage.....yet they only realise in the morning the nuclear module has been taken. No alarms or a slight tremor......garbage film.

Also bryan Cranston killed off in the first 1/3 of it.....ridiculous.

Harambe liked nuclear silos