Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Worst Film you've ever seen

Comments

• Options
    Anything by David Lynch - films like Mulholland Drive are gushed about by people who are desperate to impress others by attempting to appear intellectual, but I defy you to watch that and not want two hours of your life back. Pretentious drivel.
  • Options
    Too many people on here citing films they were never going to like in the first place.

If you don't like rom-com then you are never going to like Notting Hill (loved it myself, but I am an old romantic at heart...).

What about films that you really thought you would like, but turned out to be trash - that's what I went for. Otherwise it would have been "Plan 9 from Outer Space", which I watched knowing that it was the worst film ever made.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Algarveaddick[/cite]Too many people on here citing films they were never going to like in the first place.

If you don't like rom-com then you are never going to like Notting Hill (loved it myself, but I am an old romantic at heart...).

What about films that you really thought you would like, but turned out to be trash - that's what I went for. Otherwise it would have been "Plan 9 from Outer Space", which I watched knowing that it was the worst film ever made.
    Good point Algarve. Given that criteria, my personal biggest disappointment would be 'Deep Blue Sea' - I thought that was going to be ripping good fun (intelligent sharks with attitude - what's not to love?) but it was utter pony.
  • Options
    Quite a few listed that I've really liked. I will mostly sit through a film, even just hoping it gets better, but three that I haven't managed are Blair Witch Project, Watchmen and Dog Soldiers. Have to say, of those three, Dog Soldiers was probably the worst.
  • Options
    The worst films i have ever seen are - 1 - Young Einstien
    2 - Fight Club
    3 - Mama Mia
    4 - Number 23
    5 - Sister act
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: bigstemarra[/cite]Anything by David Lynch

Massive Lynch fan and I'm not pretentious in the slightest!

Q: Mulholland Drive or Stop! Or my Mom Will Shoot?

I thank you... =)
  • Options
    Green street 2
  • Options
    edited June 2010
    green street 2 is terrible
    District 9 is terrible

Bedsaddick - how can u say that fight club is poor ?
  • Options
    Turkey Shoot or any film thats on Movies For Men.
  • Options
    Jersery girl, am a massive kevin smith film fan but this damaged my realtionship with his films.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bonfire of the vanaties???? The real event was in Italy so how they managed to set it in New York in the 60's or something no one will ever know.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]green street 2 is terrible
    District 9 is terrible

I really liked District 9

Strange how some love films that others despise.
  • Options
    I was just looking up District 9 as thought i had seen it on a plane but i think im getting it mixed up with a runaway subway train...

which leads me on to my next point i just noted - the Americans have re-made Death at a Funeral?!
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Curb_It[/cite]I was just looking up District 9 as thought i had seen it on a plane but i think im getting it mixed up with a runaway subway train...

I think thats 'The taking of Pelham 123' with Travolta.
  • Options
    Yes VG. Well its a similar name - it had a number in its title.
  • Options
    There are a few movies on here that I've actually enjoyed.

Plan 9 from Outer Space is so bad that it is actually camp.

There are bad movies, and really bad movies that are actually entertaining precisely because they are sooooo unintentionally bad.
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: Swisdom[/cite]
    [cite]Posted By: addick16[/cite]green street 2 is terrible
    District 9 is terrible

I really liked District 9

Strange how some love films that others despise.

Well Swis, Addick 16 did say that fight club was not poor - hardly Barry Norman is he... ;-)
  • Options
    Troy. Spent most of the 2.5 hrs desparately supressing giggles in the cinema as me and the missus ripped the piss out of it.
  • Options
    The Room is simultaneously the worst and best film ever made.

Sample scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kOdjtiOMGbA
  • Options
    has to be the 'x-files' movie. i was so so disappointed as a big fan of the series! that and 'bad taste' a so called cult horror zombie film from the eighties. watched it in about 1988 after the bloke in the video shop told me it was a classic! enough said.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Snakes on a Plane was brilliantly bad. But I suppose it was meant to be.
  • Options
    Just thought of another Castaway with Tom Hanks. Marooned on a beach with DHL packages but you don't open them all because you have a duty to the customer to deliver, then you make a friend out of a ball . Then in the final scene he delivers the last package (sorry if this is a spoiler). So American, so bad
  • Options
    [cite]Posted By: The Prince-e-Paul[/cite]has to be the 'x-files' movie. i was so so disappointed as a big fan of the series! that and 'bad taste' a so called cult horror zombie film from the eighties. watched it in about 1988 after the bloke in the video shop told me it was a classic! enough said.

Bloke in the shop was right. Bad Taste is one of the best films ever, and when you consider it was made as an amateur hobby, it's nothing short of a miracle.
  • Options
    Undoubtedly Piranha part 2 - The Spawning.
    The first one wasn't exactly Oscar material, but in the sequel, the piranhas can fly and they start attacking people in the streets...
  • Options
    I've only ever walked out of the cinema once during a film - Pete's Dragon.
  • Options
    Alexander. Colin Farrel's mum is Angelina Jolie. Believable.
  • Options
    The Fast & The Furious! Nothing but toss-fodder for boy racers!

Got in for free, whilst awaiting the start of the movie I'd actually gone to see, but left 20 minutes in, to stand out in the rain, as it was utterly banal. I knew it wasn't gonna be Citizen Kane, but it was so basic, even for the dunderheed market it was made for!

Can't believe they are on a 3rd(or maybe even 4th) sequel! The imaginitively titled: 'Fast & Furious'. Jebus! <:-s
  • Options
    Saw Meet the Spartans recently, that was pretty terrible. In fact any of these so called spoof films should be destroyed before distribution. Proper spoofs (like Airplane and Naked Gun/Police Squad) are very tightly written and acted, the whole point is the the actors have to stay serious and not ham it up (for want of a better term) or the whole thing falls apart.
  • Options
    Tropic Thunder

Murder on the Orient Express (only film where I have fallen asleep in the cinema)
  • Options
    Knowing (2009) - until I saw this film, I'd always thought Nic Cage didn't make bad movies... Having sat though that pile of ****, I looked more closely at his back catalogue and realised he's done it more than once!!

A few others mentioned above would be on my list, including Mama Mia & Titanic.

I liked The Truman Show and Vanilla Sky, btw